Exeter GT Tuning

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 929 comments
Audi R18 TDI '11 950PP

Racing Medium Tyres

A tune that is capable of 3.08-3.10 laps on le croix. Braking zones you will need to adapt to but it handles beautifully through the corners where you make up a lot of time. Good straight line speed too. At this pace you will have 2nd place with clean driving which will get you that menu book item ticked off easily. Use FM2 and pit on lap 4 or 5 depending on your preference.

Audi R18 TDI '11 950PP-1(RM) .jpg

Audi R18 TDI '11 950PP-2(RM).jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 360
Set gear ratio as per image
Set TS as per image.

Audi R18 TDI '11 950PP-3(RM).jpg

Audi R18 TDI '11 950PP-4(RM)jpg.jpg

Audi R18 TDI '11 950PP

Racing Hard Tyres

More power, similar handling but not as much cornering grip as RM tyres. Same pace but needs more care when driving. RH Tyres do last a lot longer though for a mega endurance race.

Audi R18 TDI '11 950PP-1.jpg

Audi R18 TDI '11 950PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 360
Ratios as per image
Set FG as per image.

Audi R18 TDI '11 950PP-3.jpg

Audi R18 TDI '11 950PP-4.jpg

McLaren VGT (Gr.1) 950PP

Racing Medium Tyres

A nicely balanced Gr.1 car. Not sure of its full potential in terms of lap time but it is definitely easy to drive and feels pretty fast.

McLaren VGT (Gr.1) 950PP-1.jpg

McLaren VGT (Gr.1) 950PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 360
Set gear ratios as per image
Set FG as per image

McLaren VGT (Gr.1) 950PP-3.jpg
McLaren VGT (Gr.1) 950PP-4.jpg

Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion '97 700PP

Sports Soft Tyres

A really nice car to drive. fast, safe and gives you confidence to push it a little more often. I hope you enjoy this one.

Painting it obnoxious green makes it .075 seconds a lap faster too.

Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion '97 700PP-1.jpg

Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion '97 700PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 340
Set FG as per image

Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion '97 700PP-3.jpg

Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion '97 700PP-4.jpg

Porsche 962 C '88 950PP

Racing Medium Tyres

A car that is capable of getting the win at Daytona. I just had dodgy driving at the worst time (spin near the line whilst changing fuel maps).

A nicely balanced car that you can push a little and it still feels safe. Enjoy.

Porsche 962 C '88 950PP-1.jpg

Porsche 962 C '88 950PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 330
Set FG as per image

Porsche 962 C '88 950PP-3.jpg

Porsche 962 C '88 950PP-4.jpg

As they say, the proof is in the pudding.

Porsche 962C 3rd Place Menu Book.jpg

Porsche 962C Menu Book.jpg

I hope you all enjoy these lovely tunes. Let me know how you get on with the Gr.1 tunes and what their full potential is. I tuned them in mind for the menu book (where 3rd place gets you the 6 star roulette ticket) but I am pretty sure they can win in the right hands.

After sorting through my garage and finding all the unfinished tunes left, I have 13 tunes which are ready for tuning. Some are half done, some haven't been touched as yet. A mixed bag of tunes that I'm sure you'll enjoy when I get the time to tune them all up.

I look forward to seeing what you make of the new ones however. Feel free to try them out and leave any feedback on them. :)

So I have been busy at work but today I have made a start of getting tunes into a publishable condition. Hopefully I’ll have them published in a few days as I’m going to be working for the next couple of days. Some cheap low pp tunes headed this way.

If anyone wants a easy 900k credits the living legend Porsche is a great car for the 1 hour spa race. If you drive it on fm6 you can get 5 laps each tank of gas and you’ll get 2nd place very easily. Drive clean and it’s 900k.

Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91 (600PP)

Sports Soft Tyres

Wide Body Kit

A great handling 4WD car. Pretty fast and should be good for quite a few races with its 4WD, Turbo, Japanese heritage.

Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91 600PP-1.jpg

Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91 600PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 300
Set FG as per image

Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91 600PP-3.jpg

Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91 600PP-4.jpg

Last edited:
BMW M6 GT3 Sprint Model '16 (730PP)

Racing Hard Tyres

BMW M6 GT3 Sprint '16 730PP-1.jpg

BMW M6 GT3 Sprint '16 730PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 300
Set FG as per image
(install 800PP transmission first and check figures)

BMW M6 GT3 Sprint '16 730PP-3.jpg

BMW M6 GT3 Sprint '16 730PP-4.jpg

Last edited:
I still have loads of unfinished tunes still to come. Lots of tunes that I am not happy with as yet and definitely need more time. This is the selection I have worked through the past week to get into tip top shape for everyone.

I wish that tuning was not quite as expensive as it is as there are sooo many nice cars in the legend cars which I cannot afford but would love to own. Need to find a new money race. What is everyone using at the moment to make credits fast and simple?

As always, I would love to get feedback on the tunes published, new and old. Enjoy them all and hopefully I will have another load of tunes ready to go for next week.

Last edited:
So many great tunes, so little time... :(

What is everyone using at the moment to make credits fast and simple?

I use Le Mans 700PP, payout of 825.000cr with BCL for 30min, 1 hour 1.650.000cr total... But I believe the new races are better for grind, if i'm not mistaken... :)

Last edited:
I still have loads of unfinished tunes still to come. Lots of tunes that I am not happy with as yet and definitely need more time. This is the selection I have worked through the past week to get into tip top shape for everyone.

I wish that tuning was not quite as expensive as it is as there are sooo many nice cars in the legend cars which I cannot afford but would love to own. Need to find a new money race. What is everyone using at the moment to make credits fast and simple?

As always, I would love to get feedback on the tunes published, new and old. Enjoy them all and hopefully I will have another load of tunes ready to go for next week.
Have you tried AFK? I have my personal laptop just sitting on my desk at home and can earn you loads of money with very minimal input. It does go wrong sometimes but that's the advantage of WFH :)

Ford Focus Gr.B Rally Car (705PP)

Racing Hard Tyres

A rally car that can win both the road circuit races in GT7. A great little car.
A little feedback on the Focus... Mainly because those road races with rally cars were getting on my nerves! :mad:

What can be said about the Focus WRC...? For me it feels amazing on the road tracks!

Main Strong Points:

1. Superb handling on asphalt
  2. Excellent agility and quite nimble
  3. Great mid-cornering grip and exit corner acceleration
  4. Minimum tyre wear (managed to do all 10 laps with the same RH)
  5. Very good FM, managed to do 8/10 laps before refuel
  6. No body roll present, the car feels correct in balance
  7. Overall superbly tuned

Only "negative" point:

1. The front tyres due tend to wear a tiny bit faster, perhaps because of the torque of the car?

Do you mind if I keep posting these small reviews? Have a bunch of your tunes still to try... :D

20220609_204122.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 1159218

Nice tune, drives like a monkey with its tail on fire. Definitely capable of sub-4:15 laps in the right hands.
Driving a monkey with its tail on fire sounds like fun to me. Glad you enjoyed the tune. Great lap times on the 700pp race.
A little feedback on the Focus... Mainly because those road races with rally cars were getting on my nerves! :mad:

What can be said about the Focus WRC...? For me it feels amazing on the road tracks!

Main Strong Points:

1. Superb handling on asphalt
  2. Excellent agility and quite nimble
  3. Great mid-cornering grip and exit corner acceleration
  4. Minimum tyre wear (managed to do all 10 laps with the same RH)
  5. Very good FM, managed to do 8/10 laps before refuel
  6. No body roll present, the car feels correct in balance
  7. Overall superbly tuned

Only "negative" point:

1. The front tyres due tend to wear a tiny bit faster, perhaps because of the torque of the car?

Do you mind if I keep posting these small reviews? Have a bunch of your tunes still to try... :D

View attachment 1159327
Thank you for the excellent review. I am more than happy for you to keep posting these kinds of reviews. it’s just like the ones you use to do for gt6. They are always informative and useful. You have a good selection of tunes to test still.

Nissan GT-R GT500 '99 (800PP)

Racing Medium Tyres
Hello shaun,

A small feedback on the GT500:

• Tested on Monza WTC800 (10 laps) - Chosen because of fast corners, medium straights and the 2 1st gear chicanes...
  • Changes to the original tune - Racing Hards
The GT500 is already pretty good stock as stated, so after these 10 laps the main points:

1. On RH, great overall grip!
  2. Super stable (no oversteer) on exiting the 2 chicanes due to the long 1st gear, unless you drive like a baboon!!
  3. Superb acceleration out of cornering, despite the 1st and 2nd gear being long ones...
  4. NO mid cornering understeer, this is one the key point, combined with great brake strenght and balance the car does not understeer on the mid-acceleration making it faster and very nimble on the slower corners!! (loved this one!)
  5. Great fuel saving on FM6 - pitted on lap 6...
  6. Great tyre wear on the RH - no tyres changed, all 10 laps done with the same;
  7. Excellent rotation of the body on the slower cornering, allowing you to get a bit of advantage on the opponents!
There are many other features I enjoyed, but can't remember now 'cause was having loads of fun driving!!! :D

Still have to repeat the race on RM, but I believe the only differences will be the higher grip level and faster wear...

No "negative" points, but a very important note:

- This car is a totally diferent animal once you change the fuel saving settings, meaning, I did the 6 laps on FM6 and the car handles superbly, but after the pitstop changed to FM1 and the beast awoke!! It became a petrol eater and a full tank for the remain 4 laps almost wasn't enough!!
The car gets lively and the power surge is out of this world, it keeps the grip, but the driving style needs to be adapted to the new power input, therefore the tune has Racing Mediums!!
;)

This was a long one, but a blast!!

TY! :)

Last edited:
Have you tried AFK? I have my personal laptop just sitting on my desk at home and can earn you loads of money with very minimal input. It does go wrong sometimes but that's the advantage of WFH :)
I think I used afk method in gt6 but its not something I will do for this game. Gotta watch the money so always just play to earn now. Also my net has a habit of dropping out randomly so might not be as lucrative as I would like.
Hello shaun,

A small feedback on the GT500:

• Tested on Monza WTC800 (10 laps) - Choosen because of fast corners, medium straights and the 2 1st gear chicanes...
  • Changes to the orinal tune - Racing Hards
The GT500 is already pretty good stock as stated, so after these 10 laps the main points:

1. On RH, great overall grip!
  2. Super stable (no oversteer) on exiting the 2 chicanes due to the long 1st gear, unless you drive like a baboon!!
  3. Superb acceleration out of cornering, despite the 1st and 2nd gear being long ones...
  4. NO mid cornering understeer, this is one the key point, combined with great brake strenght and balance the car does not understeer on the mid-acceleration making it faster and very nimble on the slower corners!! (loved this one!)
  5. Great fuel saving on FM6 - pitted on lap 6...
  6. Great tyre wear on the RH - no tyres changed, all 10 laps done with the same;
  7. Excellent rotation of the body on the slower cornering, allowing you to get a bit of advantage on the opponents!
There are many other features I enjoyed, but can't remember now 'cause was having loads of fun driving!!! :D

Still have to repeat the race on RM, but I believe the only differences will be the higher grip level and faster wear...

No "negative" points, but a very important note:

- This car is a totally diferent animal once you change the fuel saving settings, meaning, I did the 6 laps on FM6 and the car handles superbly, but after the pitstop changed to FM1 and the beast awoke!! It became a petrol eater and a full tank for the remain 4 laps almost wasn't enough!!
The car gets lively and the power surge is out of this world, it keeps the grip, but the driving style needs to be adapted to the new power input, therefore the tune has Racing Mediums!!
;)

This was a long one, but a blast!!

TY! :)
Really does sound like you had a blast. Very happy you enjoyed this tune. old school cars do seem to be very performant in this game. The rm tyres do have more grip and do lose tread quicker but I would imagine you’ll have virtually the same experienc. fm1 feels more manageable though with those tyres.

Back