Exeter GT Tuning

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 933 comments
Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83 400PP

Comfort Soft tyres
Wide Body Kit
Sized up wheels

A fun little VW car. Low PP, good turning ability and will make low PP races challenging but enjoyable.

VW Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83 400PP-1.jpg

VW Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83 400PP-2.jpg

VW Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83 400PP-3.jpg

Ford Focus ST '15 550PP

Sports Hard Tyres
Widebody Kit
Sized up wheels

This car has pretty good handling. It had an odd understeer in its default settings which I couldn't quite tune out. For some tracks/turns you will need to lift off the accelerator for full rotation of car but I have done my best to make this natural and manageable.

Ford Focus ST '15 550PP-1.jpg

Ford Focus ST '15 550PP-2.jpg

Transmissin
Set TS to 290
Set gear ratios as per image
Set FG as per image

Ford Focus ST '15 550PP-3.jpg

Ford Focus ST '15 550PP-4.jpg

Honda NSX Type R '02 600PP

Sports Soft Tyres
Widebody Kit
Sized up wheels

This is an awesome fast and really easy to drive NSX. Painted with my own livery design. If anyone wants this design, let me know how I share these things and I'll share it. My tune will probably differ as I have Stroke Up S from a roulette wheel spin which boosts that stat up alot more. Just use the standard Stroke up and then increase the ECU power to get to 600PP.

I have the other version of this car still to tune up too and I have high hopes for that one too.

Honda NSX Type R '02 600PP-1.jpg

Honda NSX Type R '02 600PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 300
Set FG as per image

Honda NSX Type R '02 600PP-3.jpg

Honda NSX Type R '02 600PP-4.jpg

Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept Stealth Model 730PP

Racing Hard Tyres

Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept Stealth Model 730PP-1.jpg

Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept Stealth Model 730PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 300
Set FG as per image
(if numbers don't match, install the 800PP version first and then try again)

Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept Stealth Model 730PP-3.jpg

Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept Stealth Model 730PP-4.jpg

Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept Stealth Model 800PP

Racing Medium Tyres

This GT3 car came with my pre-order pack and I have overlooked it for a little bit of time. It is really nice to drive and safe as houses. As fast as the BRZ and WRX tunes. One to enjoy for sure.

Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept Stealth Model 800PP-1.jpg

Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept Stealth Model 800PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 300
Set FG as per image

Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept Stealth Model 800PP-3.jpg

Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept Stealth Model 800PP-4.jpg

So I have found my money maker race now. The 30 mins race that @cbarbosa mentioned. I am finding it easy as pie with my Nissan TC tune that I tuned specifically for it. What other cars in the 700PP range are you all using for this? I would like to vary my drives to make it sort of interesting.

Also, I have gone broke once more. Down to 300k credits but I did it for a great reason. I am now the proud owner of a Ferrari GTO '84. It looks awesome and that thing is definitely being tuned up very soon to sit proudly with the other Ferrari tunes.

As always, I hope that you enjoy the new tunes I have published and I look forward to seeing what you make of them. The FF tunes feel a little different compared to the GT6 tunes I use to master but I think I am starting to make headway with them.

Last edited:
After sorting through my unfinished tunes list, I am now down to 8 tunes which are left to be tuned. For me this isn't too bad as I had a few more than that a few days ago. Until I have won a few more credits I don't think I'll be making any more big purchases for new tunes. There are a lot of the Italian cars in this unfinished section. Not sure why they are quite so hard to tame but I shall figure it out eventually.

For the 700pp Le Mans, anything tunes well can win. The GTO you have bought is incredible there. Can hit super high speeds on the straights.

To share a livery, just save the style in the gt auto page (where you select custom parts etc) when it’s finished saving you have the option to share. You can disable editing etc by others, easiest way is to add a tag to find then like “Exetergt”. That’s what I’ve done for the liveries I have made for the cars you’ve tuned. (You can have a look if you like)

After sorting through my unfinished tunes list, I am now down to 8 tunes which are left to be tuned. For me this isn't too bad as I had a few more than that a few days ago. Until I have won a few more credits I don't think I'll be making any more big purchases for new tunes. There are a lot of the Italian cars in this unfinished section. Not sure why they are quite so hard to tame but I shall figure it out eventually.
Great additions to your list of tunes, interested if you wanted to up to 500/600 with the Golfs etc detail gearbox numbers, getting on so well with all your work, dont stop we need you.Rob

What other cars in the 700PP range are you all using for this?
Hello!

With your tune, besides the Silvia TC that dominates, use 4 other:

• Alfa 155 TC
  • BMW M4 Gr.4 (Review bellow)
  • Alpine A220
  • Ferrari 458 Gr.4
These also do great on the LM 30 minute... 👍

BMW M4 Gr.4 700PP

Racing Medium Tyres
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220611103220.jpg

Will try to be shorter on rewiewing this one... :D

First, don't be fooled by the gap to 2nd place, it was one of the hardest races I did... Let me explain, it's quite simple, when the rain started 2/3 of the grid spun out and it was complete havoc arround me... Managed to get 1st (barely) and avoid all the others (sounds like a movie eh??)...

On to the point, dont' get me wrong, the car handles and feels great in cornering, top speed, agility and etc... The big issue is that you have to make a choice, either run FM on 6 and drive like a maniac to be competitive with others, or change it to FM1 and unleash the full potential of the car and be prepared to do an extra 2 stops for petrol like me!!

This is what happened on this race, drove it on the limit (FM1) and did 4 pit stops and managed to get a decent gap to be confortable on the lead for the extra 2...

I really like the car and the tune of course, don't get me wrong, but the car's weight (1.365KG) and the lack of end power on FM6 is a bit more severe on this one... For grinding it's not the easiest one for sure... But still, it was heck of a fun to drive!!!! :lol:

PS: I drive on hood cam and let me tell you, that camera on this car suuccksssss!!!

TY @shaunm80

EDIT: Forgot to mention that on "normal" races (no fuel/tyre) it is superb!!! :)

Last edited:
For the 700pp Le Mans, anything tunes well can win. The GTO you have bought is incredible there. Can hit super high speeds on the straights.

To share a livery, just save the style in the gt auto page (where you select custom parts etc) when it’s finished saving you have the option to share. You can disable editing etc by others, easiest way is to add a tag to find then like “Exetergt”. That’s what I’ve done for the liveries I have made for the cars you’ve tuned. (You can have a look if you like)
Thanks. I will see about sharing some of the liveries I have already created.
Great additions to your list of tunes, interested if you wanted to up to 500/600 with the Golfs etc detail gearbox numbers, getting on so well with all your work, dont stop we need you.Rob
Thanks. I have been trying to get a few more low PP tunes in for a little while now. I do have a few tunes in mind for the 500PP and 600PP range. The new civic cars are primed for that range and I have the scirocco in mind for a 550-600PP tune.
Hello!

With your tune, besides the Silvia TC that dominates, use 4 other:

• Alfa 155 TC
  • BMW M4 Gr.4 (Review bellow)
  • Alpine A220
  • Ferrari 458 Gr.4
These also do great on the LM 30 minute... 👍

View attachment 1159908

Will try to be shorter on rewiewing this one... :D

First, don't be fooled by the gap to 2nd place, it was one of the hardest races I did... Let me explain, it's quite simple, when the rain started 2/3 of the grid spun out and it was complete havoc arround me... Managed to get 1st (barely) and avoid all the others (sounds like a movie eh??)...

On to the point, dont' get me wrong, the car handles and feels great in cornering, top speed, agility and etc... The big issue is that you have to make a choice, either run FM on 6 and drive like a maniac to be competitive with others, or change it to FM1 and unleash the full potential of the car and be prepared to do an extra 2 stops for petrol like me!!

This is what happened on this race, drove it on the limit (FM1) and did 4 pit stops and managed to get a decent gap to be confortable on the lead for the extra 2...

I really like the car and the tune of course, don't get me wrong, but the car's weight (1.365KG) and the lack of end power on FM6 is a bit more severe on this one... For grinding it's not the easiest one for sure... But still, it was heck of a fun to drive!!!! :lol:

PS: I drive on hood cam and let me tell you, that camera on this car suuccksssss!!!

TY @shaunm80

EDIT: Forgot to mention that on "normal" races (no fuel/tyre) it is superb!!! :)
Thanks for the advice on the cars. That is really useful to know.

Also, thanks for the review of the new m4 car. Obviously this car wasn't designed for high end speed in the fuel saving modes but it seems that when you just go full out it is a really nice car to drive.

I will definitely give the 155 tune a go but I feel that for the least amount of effort I will stick to the Silvia TC most of the time. I am not sure I could cope with 3/4 pit stops on that race.

I've asked this in a few other tuning threads with no response from anyone.

Does no one tune Gr.2 cars? Specifically The GT-R Nismo GT500 '16, NSX Concept-GT '16, or the Lexus RC F GT500 '16 for Nurburgring Nordschleife. My fastest time so far is with the NSX at 5:36.903 but I know it can go faster. Setting up the gearing seems to be my biggest issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully someone will reply. I haven't gotten a single reply on this issue yet from anyone and there is nothing in the search menu that specifically has a tune for a Gr. 2 vehicle.

Hi friend!

Is a amazing time!!!
Can you show the setup for the NSX?

Thank you!!!

I will definitely give the 155 tune a go but I feel that for the least amount of effort I will stick to the Silvia TC most of the time. I am not sure I could cope with 3/4 pit stops on that race.
Yeah, in terms of getting the race done as fast as possible the Silvia is king...
The Alfa is very good, but the best for me were 3 stops. I use controller, but perhaps on a wheel setup 2 stops are perfectly doable... :)

Yeah, in terms of getting the race done as fast as possible the Silvia is king...
The Alfa is very good, but the best for me were 3 stops. I use controller, but perhaps on a wheel setup 2 stops are perfectly doable... :)
I do like speed and efficiency. Perhaps I'll stick with the Silva for the time being. Apparently the Ford Rally car is good but I would probably need to extend the gear box to be useful at this race. I could always give that a go.

Hello, for the Le Mans 700pp race, I am using your Nissan Silvia TC which works perfectly well even when driving with fuel consumption at 6. It allows me to make a single pit stop if the weather is not too rainy and thus to win with a good lead over the 2nd 👌.

Tested the R34 GT500…… decided to finally have a go at the Fuji WTC800 race.

Not much I can tell you. It rains there, so I went full wets, FM6, no stop with fuel saving. Car was up to the task and got the win, but conditions weren’t good for a review.

I’ll take it to Sardengna and report back.

What other cars in the 700PP range are you all using for this? I would like to vary my drives to make it sort of interesting.
Some of the cars I like to use are.....

TTS Coupe '14
A220 Race Car '68
Focus Gr.B Rally Car
GT-R NISMO '17
R32 GT-R V-spec '94
Sport quattro S1 Pikes Peak '87
WRX STI Isle of Man '16

I like to stick to mostly 4WD stuff for this race because if you get caught in the rain it doesn't turn into a total **** show.

Last edited:
Tested the R34 GT500…… decided to finally have a go at the Fuji WTC800 race.

Not much I can tell you. It rains there, so I went full wets, FM6, no stop with fuel saving. Car was up to the task and got the win, but conditions weren’t good for a review.

I’ll take it to Sardengna and report back.
Great tune. Very stable.
Tried FM6 for first stint, and was able to hit the front. Then went to flat out driving and 2 4 lap stints. Car was so good, could get some oversteer if you mash the throttle coming out of the first 90 degree left heading up the hill into the right kink, but nothing a better exit cant fix.

Had a great time with this car. Thanks again.

Irwin.jpg

Last edited:
Ford Focus Gr.B Rally Car (705PP)

Racing Hard Tyres

A rally car that can win both the road circuit races in GT7. A great little car.

View attachment 1159139
View attachment 1159140

Transmission
Set TS to 280
Set FG as per image

View attachment 1159141
View attachment 1159142

The proof in the pudding

View attachment 1159143
View attachment 1159144
Is this a setting for a tarmac road race? What about if you are on dirt tires? Should one change something?

Is this a setting for a tarmac road race? What about if you are on dirt tires? Should one change something?
Yep, this is the road tarmac race settings. Wins all the group B road races. I just use default settings with dirt tyres. Winning those events is just keeping it clean and not bashing into too many walls.

Last edited:
Yep, this is the road tarmac race settings. Wins all the group B road races. I just use default settings with dirt tyres. Winning those events is just keeping it clean and not bashing into too many walls.
Thanks for that answer and the information!! Worked fine to win the races for the rally menu book.

Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91 (600PP)

Sports Soft Tyres

Wide Body Kit

A great handling 4WD car. Pretty fast and should be good for quite a few races with its 4WD, Turbo, Japanese heritage.

View attachment 1159129
View attachment 1159130

Transmission
Set TS to 300
Set FG as per image

View attachment 1159131
View attachment 1159132
Got me some Sports Mediums, a few power upgrades, and took my 468bHP beast to Tokyo.

The extra horses are great. Able to hit 303kph on the straights.

It is a little lazy at turn in, and has some mid corner understeer...... if you brake too late.

Once you sort out the required braking zones, the ability to power out of mid corner is insane. And it just pulls and pulls.

Was able to run easy 2:10's and ahead of Gallo before his 2nd stop.

Beautiful car with a power tune to match.
gto twin turbo egt.jpg

Got me some Sports Mediums, a few power upgrades, and took my 468bHP beast to Tokyo.

The extra horses are great. Able to hit 303kph on the straights.

It is a little lazy at turn in, and has some mid corner understeer...... if you brake too late.

Once you sort out the required braking zones, the ability to power out of mid corner is insane. And it just pulls and pulls.

Was able to run easy 2:10's and ahead of Gallo before his 2nd stop.

Beautiful car with a power tune to match.View attachment 1160585
Awesome time. I can imagine sm tyres would have been interesting for this event. This car does has a lot of power available but I find it a very fun tune to get to grips with. I still enjoy the old school cars as much as I do the newer cars they give us.

Hi shaun!

May I ask if by any chance do you have this older timer in your garage?

Screenshot_1.jpg

Last edited:
It is something I am considering. It would make me completely broke. Is it worth 6.5 mill?
Yes sir, 6.5M and unfortunately will increase...

I'm asking because I read and tried it today morning for myself and this is a "meta" car for LM700! I used the settings on this post and OMG!

1. Fuel - FM1 was enough until the end of lap 4 (pit then)
  2. Pitstop only full tank and nothing else
  3. Tyres (Racing Hards) all the way to the end (even if it rains, just did TC5 and the car still had grip on wet while cornering)
  4. 1 pitstop and incredible pace to get the race done quicker (for grinding of course!)

Meaning, I asked if you had the car so you maybe do some of your magic and make it even better!! :)

PS: Gonna try it on 800PP (remove restrictor + output power)...

TY!👍

Last edited:
Yes sir, 6.5M and unfortunately will increase...

I'm asking because I read and tried it today morning for myself and this is a "meta" car for LM700! I used the settings on this post and OMG!

1. Fuel - FM1 was enough until the end of lap 4 (pit then)
  2. Pitstop only full tank and nothing else
  3. Tyres (Racing Hards) all the way to the end (even if it rains, just did TC5 and the car still had grip on wet while cornering)
  4. 1 pitstop and incredible pace to get the race done quicker (for grinding of course!)

Meaning, I asked if you had the car so you maybe do some of your magic and make it even better!! :)

PS: Gonna try it on 800PP (remove restrictor + output power)...

TY!👍
I’m completely broke.

Back