Exeter GT Tuning

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 935 comments
When my post night brain starts working at full capacity I will be working on all the cars once more. Last 2 nights at work have been very busy and I’m definitely not quite in the frame of mind. I have a few days off now though so I will get back there soon enough.

Attachments

• 4D903698-8D8B-432C-AA87-AD62BC3773FD.jpeg
    4D903698-8D8B-432C-AA87-AD62BC3773FD.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 622481E7-EE34-41B0-8734-241712A3D9F9.jpeg
    622481E7-EE34-41B0-8734-241712A3D9F9.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 28

Attachments

• 610286E9-427F-4AB2-A3D5-A0F7AD44709B.jpeg
    610286E9-427F-4AB2-A3D5-A0F7AD44709B.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 41F4426A-35A3-450C-81C2-E8CB01C0DE89.jpeg
    41F4426A-35A3-450C-81C2-E8CB01C0DE89.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 20
Subaru WRX Gr.3 730PP

Racing Hard Tyres

A 730PP beast. Really smooth and safe to drive yet extremely fast. Feels slow in 1st and second but once you hit those higher rev ranges you'll notice a huge difference.
Hello shaun!

A little review on the Scooby... What can be said??

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

Absolutely perfect!!! Mandatory buy!!

The car feels amazing, super grip, out of this world rotation and all the remain!!!
Performed superbly on the hardest chilli race I believe (10 laps Daytona)

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220617215835.jpg

Will give it a try tomorrow the 800PP version, but you know how it will be! :mischievous:

Excellent work and TY! 👍

Last edited:
Thank you for the reviews everyone. I really do appreciate finding out how my tunes work in other peoples hands. For the 730pp Mazda tune did you just alter power output?

The wrx tune is definitely a must buy. Quicker than the BRZ as well and that car is awesome too.

I can imagine the maxed out twin turbo was a fun drive. Nice win in a car that probably wasn’t designed in mind for that race with that competition.

So far I have completed 2 Aston martins, made a good start on the merc and it will be a beast when I’m done with it. Also have a viper which is 80% done. A random mix of tunes but fun ones for sure.

Thank you for the reviews everyone. I really do appreciate finding out how my tunes work in other peoples hands. For the 730pp Mazda tune did you just alter power output?

Attachments

• 552F8DA4-D2DB-4ECB-A8F0-612B43C3F2AF.jpeg
    552F8DA4-D2DB-4ECB-A8F0-612B43C3F2AF.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 31
  • BC384F29-054C-46E7-A499-A990424241F4.jpeg
    BC384F29-054C-46E7-A499-A990424241F4.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 28
Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 '13 730PP

Racing Hard Tyres

Yep. another one.. Very capable as this PP range and works well around Suzuka which is my final test track for all the GT3 cars.

View attachment 1153566
View attachment 1153567

Transmission
Different setup (slightly) compared to my usual style. Couldn't get 1st and 2nd right so I looked to @praiano63 for inspiration on how to get this one right.

Set TS to 200
Set ratios as per image.
Set FG as per image.

View attachment 1153569
View attachment 1153575
I tried this but tuned up to 800PP. OMG I'm in love and can't thank you enough for taming this beast! I had so much trouble with this car with base and with other tuner's setups. It's still just a little twitchy especially on hairpins but controllable.

This is now my fastest lapper on all 5 WTC800 circuits, beating my previous times which I had set with the beautifully stable Supra GT500.

Any plans to tune the McLaren P1 GTR '16? I tried your settings from another McLaren with some moderate success. I think would be a dream in your hands.

I tried this but tuned up to 800PP. OMG I'm in love and can't thank you enough for taming this beast! I had so much trouble with this car with base and with other tuner's setups. It's still just a little twitchy especially on hairpins but controllable.

This is now my fastest lapper on all 5 WTC800 circuits, beating my previous times which I had set with the beautifully stable Supra GT500.

Any plans to tune the McLaren P1 GTR '16? I tried your settings from another McLaren with some moderate success. I think would be a dream in your hands.
Thanks, I am very happy this tune fits your style. I also had issues with esses and hair pins with the base settings. This tune made those 730pp gt3 races really easy for me to beat.

As for the mclaren p1, I definitely will be getting that car, just don’t have the funds for it right now and I have other cars in mind before buying the p1. It is certainly a purchase I will be making though.

Volkswagen Golf VII GTI '14 550PP

Sports Hard Tyres
Free choice of wheels and can be sized up.

A fast and responsive GTI for those who love a hot hatch. Definitely feels like it has more grip than SH tyres should give but that's what this car is all about. Enjoy!

View attachment 1143130
View attachment 1143131

Transmission
Set TS to 260
Set gears as per image below
Set final gear as per below also.

View attachment 1143132
View attachment 1143133

Hi Shaun, I had the opportunity to test your set up for the VW Golf GTI mk7 and I took the liberty of making a few modifications.
During my tests on Brands Hatch, I found that we felt too much easterly at the rear of the car and that it affected its behavior.
So I partly used the set up of your VW Polo GTI (which is a treat by the way) to apply it to the Golf, it works very well, less understeer and with better performance 👍.

Attachments

• IMG_20220618_174545_edit_116740256707185.jpg
    IMG_20220618_174545_edit_116740256707185.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20220618_174557_edit_116711820717086.jpg
    IMG_20220618_174557_edit_116711820717086.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I need to look at the ff cars. They all seem to be a little off. I think it is just the way they are tuned at base level but I’ll figure them out.
Hi shaunm
These are cars as interesting as the FR 4WD MR. Compared to GT6, the adjustment of the DGL is a little more complicated but the sensations are the same as on the other types of cars. I have in my garage the Audi TT Cup '16 which is really interesting to drive, but I feel that it lacks a little something compared to the other FR 4WD MR RR.

Hi Shaun, I had the opportunity to test your set up for the VW Golf GTI mk7 and I took the liberty of making a few modifications.
During my tests on Brands Hatch, I found that we felt too much easterly at the rear of the car and that it affected its behavior.
So I partly used the set up of your VW Polo GTI (which is a treat by the way) to apply it to the Golf, it works very well, less understeer and with better performance 👍.
I am looking for a Kyoto 1hr mission race tune for this event. Been going through all my 550pp cars and thought id give your changes a go. It is definitely more stable and feels better in a lot of the corners compared to the original settings. about 1 second a lap faster too. I can't remember if I tune this or the Polo first but I feel this may have been tuned up first which is why it wasn't quite as refined.

These settings definitely feel like an improvement anyway so I will update the original post with these numbers and some extra power as I only have 545pp now.

Thanks for the advice and for testing out this car. I definitely appreciate the work that others put in from the tunes I have already produced to make existing tunes better and easier to drive.

Hi shaunm
These are cars as interesting as the FR 4WD MR. Compared to GT6, the adjustment of the DGL is a little more complicated but the sensations are the same as on the other types of cars. I have in my garage the Audi TT Cup '16 which is really interesting to drive, but I feel that it lacks a little something compared to the other FR 4WD MR RR.
Some of the FF cars are not that bad. I think it is because I haven't spent enough time working on them. I am currently getting a few of the ones in the back of the garage out and tuned up to resolve a few of the issues I am finding. The more practice I have with them, the better they will become.

Last edited:
Here is an image off all my actives tunes that I am working on.

As I have said, it is an awesome mix of cars and I will publish them when I am happy with the final product. A couple of tough ones in here to get right but every car can be made good from my experience. Some take longer than others.

CurrentTunes.jpg

In my search for a Kyoto 1hr car, I went though my garage and tested the best candidates. For those who have completed this mission, which of these cars is in the right lap time for a win on this event?

550PP Times Kyoto.jpg

Aston Martin DB11 '16 700PP

Sports Soft Tyres

Widebody Kit
Sized up wheels (your choice of size and rims)

An easy to drive 700PP British super car. Really stable and handles fast corners smoothly. A nice comfortable ride that doesn't look half bad either. Enjoy!

AM DB11 '16 700PP-1.jpg

AM DB11 '16 700PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 320PP
Set gear ratios as per image
Set FG as per image

AM DB11 '16 700PP-3.jpg

AM DB11 '16 700PP-4.jpg

Aston Martin V8 Vantage S '15 600PP

Sports Medium Tyres

Sized up wheels

This 600PP car is really nice to drive, excellent to look at and has an awesome exhaust note. Thats all you really need in life!

AM V8 Vantage S '15 600PP-1.jpg

AM V8 Vantage S '15 600PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 330
Set FG as per image

AM V8 Vantage S '15 600PP-3.jpg

AM V8 Vantage S '15 600PP-4.jpg

Dodge Viper SRT10 Couple '06 650PP

Widebody Kit
Wing Type A
Sized up wheels

This car is a lot more stable with this tune, easy to drive near the limit and it won't try and kill you 90% of the time. An american sports car to enjoy for sure.

Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06 650PP-1.jpg

Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06 650PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 350
Set FG as per image

Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06 650PP-3.jpg

Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06 650PP-4.jpg

Last edited:
So this is the three new tunes that I have completed, I have also uploaded a new image for the Version 2 Golf Mk7 with the changes @jc59200 mentioned and some added power to make this tune a little quicker.

Thanks to all of you who have recently reviewed a tune, tested and adapted a tune to make it better. This is what makes this part of tuning fun for me as I can learn two things, how my tunes are working/being received and also how they can be made better. I do love community input so please do continue to review the tunes i publish. It will make tunes better and a lot more consistent for all of you to enjoy. :)

Dodge Viper SRT10 Couple '06 650PP
Wow, that was just fun.

Tuned up to 700. All internals and body mods had previously been installed. Ride height/downforce adjustments and I had to strip the SC off. Only change to the trans was the final gearing, the stock gearbox is really set-up nicely. FM6 (might be able to manage it with a 5) got me 3 laps, 2 got me 2.

Attachments

• 5F0C5850-4289-4C07-8979-C8B65DC18588.jpeg
    5F0C5850-4289-4C07-8979-C8B65DC18588.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 21DC2B06-8EB8-4540-AE5E-A866DE9A2F24.jpeg
    21DC2B06-8EB8-4540-AE5E-A866DE9A2F24.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 32
  • F0F9D7B6-E71D-4ED0-B365-725BF7DED0BF.jpeg
    F0F9D7B6-E71D-4ED0-B365-725BF7DED0BF.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 23
  • BD055299-8885-460B-9CC6-FC38F45E3533.jpeg
    BD055299-8885-460B-9CC6-FC38F45E3533.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 51A7CC79-69DD-4203-86AE-033AEDF9809B.jpeg
    51A7CC79-69DD-4203-86AE-033AEDF9809B.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 38
So this is the three new tunes that I have completed, I have also uploaded a new image for the Version 2 Golf Mk7 with the changes @jc59200 mentioned and some added power to make this tune a little quicker.

Thanks to all of you who have recently reviewed a tune, tested and adapted a tune to make it better. This is what makes this part of tuning fun for me as I can learn two things, how my tunes are working/being received and also how they can be made better. I do love community input so please do continue to review the tunes i publish. It will make tunes better and a lot more consistent for all of you to enjoy. :)

It is a great pleasure to be able to exchange with you👍.
I'd love to know how to tune cars like you do, but even with a lot of tuning work, I can't come up with anything convincing😓.
Regarding the FF, if we follow the logic of adjustment, the front anti-roll bar should be softer at the front and firmer at the rear to counter understeer and to promote oversteer.
I was inspired by Praiano's tuning on his autobianchi for this.
I tried to rework the golf setup today, I improved my reference time on Brands Hatch but it was disappointing when I tested it on Alsace😢.
I have the impression that it would be necessary to install the medium sports tires to achieve this because the front axle has difficulty managing the torque of the turbo at low revs and since the car understeers a lot, I have the impression that the we've reached the limit of tyres.
Although I spent a lot of time there, my work was not beneficial, in short one step forward, two steps back...😑

It is a great pleasure to be able to exchange with you👍.
I'd love to know how to tune cars like you do, but even with a lot of tuning work, I can't come up with anything convincing😓.
Regarding the FF, if we follow the logic of adjustment, the front anti-roll bar should be softer at the front and firmer at the rear to counter understeer and to promote oversteer.
I was inspired by Praiano's tuning on his autobianchi for this.
I tried to rework the golf setup today, I improved my reference time on Brands Hatch but it was disappointing when I tested it on Alsace😢.
I have the impression that it would be necessary to install the medium sports tires to achieve this because the front axle has difficulty managing the torque of the turbo at low revs and since the car understeers a lot, I have the impression that the we've reached the limit of tyres.
Although I spent a lot of time there, my work was not beneficial, in short one step forward, two steps back...😑
I just have lots of experience in tuning from GT6 and making a successful garage with balanced, easy to drive tunes. I just use the same philosophy and have figured out what settings change what aspect of the car and keep tinkering until I have a balance in the car. I don't go for speed tunes that need precise inputs, rather I go for an all around tune that anyone can pick up a pad/wheel and just drive the wheels of it.

If a tune isn't capable of meeting a goal, winning a race or simply making someone happy, the tune won't be published. Thats why I have so many unfinished tunes at present. Those who use to visit my GT6 garage will understand what I mean as they used a lot of tunes back from GT6.

I would like to know how to do the same, nevertheless I have difficulties to understand on which parameter to act to correct such or such problem.
I manage to feel the faults of a car, but I can't improve it.
I try to document myself to achieve this but I often read things and when I apply them, I have the impression that it does not change much, or even the opposite effect... Or when I finish my adjustment, thinking I have done it correctly, I test someone else's and realize that I am far behind...
Is there a precise order for adjusting the suspensions of a car?
I find it difficult to understand the role of each parameter and their influence on the behavior.

I would like to know how to do the same, nevertheless I have difficulties to understand on which parameter to act to correct such or such problem.
I manage to feel the faults of a car, but I can't improve it.
I try to document myself to achieve this but I often read things and when I apply them, I have the impression that it does not change much, or even the opposite effect... Or when I finish my adjustment, thinking I have done it correctly, I test someone else's and realize that I am far behind...
Is there a precise order for adjusting the suspensions of a car?
I find it difficult to understand the role of each parameter and their influence on the behavior.
My car suggestion for learning this would be an S2000 or a Mazda MX5. They are pretty good stock and you can really feel what is happening with the smallest changes. Make it a low PP car (no power parts other than ECU or something) and test it on a track with lots of straights, corners, hairpins and big braking zones.

I always start with ride height as it can affect your PP rating (sometimes for the better) allowing you to add more power parts when deciding on a PP setting.

Once you have that sorted. just set the rest of the suspension to get balance, then refine for precise for turn in, acceleration out.

At this point I will figure out LSD settings to correct for sliding/oversteer/understeer.

These two areas of the car will make the tune drivable and consistent.

As you get more familiar with it all, you will find you can get a balance really easily, the hard bit is making it precise and safe.

Aero settings, power adjustment, weight (ballast) are things you would do to get to a PP range but you'll end up figuring that out based on the type of tune you are making.

You get crackin' on that jc, I need more test subjects.

Meanwhile, I'll just kick back and enjoy testing all the work you guys put in. 😜

Back