Exeter GT Tuning

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 929 comments
Oh it is a given, just trying to build excitement. So I couldn’t sleep and went back on the game. I have a few tunes ready now. One of them is the BMW Z4 gt3 swap. Oh boy, a 700pp track destroyer. Any European league event is made seriously easy now.

The only cars I don’t have ready is the 787b engine swap as I don’t have a spare rx7 yet. Also need a new mr2 car but I have that engine for it. Gonna be a fun day tomorrow tuning all these cars up. I also have a amg merc gtr version 2 ultimate lightweight car to publish. You can all expect a massive tune drop at some point in the next day or two.

Last edited:
BMW M3 '03 700PP

Engine: Z4 GT3 engine
Sports Soft Tyres
Widebody Car
Size up wheels (Wide)

An easy to drive 700PP monster that will crush any road event at this level. Safe, fast and massive acceleration from the GT3 engine swap. A must to have in your garage for sure!

BMW M3 '03 ES 700PP-2.jpg

BMW M3 '03 ES 700PP-3.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 320
Set gear ratios as per image
Set FG.

BMW M3 '03 ES 700PP-4.jpg

BMW M3 '03 ES 700PP-5.jpg

The proof in the pudding

BMW M3 '03 ES 700PP-1.jpg

BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 800PP

This car is epic. BUY THIS CAR NOW!

To be honest, that is all that needs to be said about this thing. It drives like the Stig on heat, handles awesomely through any corner and will win any 800PP WTC race effortlessly.

Strategy for Sardegna Road.
FM6 until lap 8-9.
Change tyres if you wish but it isn't necessary. Refuel completely
FM5 until the last lap and then go to FM1 and blast to the finish line.
Effortless win.

BMW McL F1 GTR Race Car '97 800PP-1 .jpg

BMW McL F1 GTR Race Car '97 800PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 320
Set FG as per image

BMW McL F1 GTR Race Car '97 800PP-3.jpg
BMW McL F1 GTR Race Car '97 800PP-4.jpg

The proof pudding

McL BMW 800PP WinShot.jpg

Last edited:
Ford Roadster 550PP

Sports Hard Tyres

A fun (old... ancient) car that is actually pretty good to drive. Think of those old F1 cars where the drivers would drift them round fast flowing bends before slamming the power down and sliding out gracefully. Well, this car does that! It is a lot of fun and safe to drive at the limit. Tuned at Watkins Glen and a fun way to beat the first race indeed.

Ford Roadster 550PP-1.jpg

Ford Roadster 550PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 240
Set FG as per image

Ford Roadster 550PP-3.jpg

Ford Roadster 550PP-4.jpg

Dodge Viper GTS '02 600PP

Sports Medium Tyres
Widebody Kit

A really nice to drive american supersports car. Not sure what bracket it actually is but in europe I would call it a sports car, americans probably call it a american supercar. I am not going to argue which is right and which is wrong as it is just awesome anyway you look at it.

This car is safe, fast and fun to drive.

Dodge Viper GTS '02 600PP-2.jpg

Dodge Viper GTS '02 600PP-3.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 320
Set FG as per image

Dodge Viper GTS '02 600PP-4.jpg

Dodge Viper GTS '02 600PP-5.jpg

Race choice win

Dodge Viper GTS '02 600PP-1.jpg

Not a tune but the winning times from the CLK for the Watkins Glen WTC race. This is the no pit run I did. Awesome car this thing!.

CLK-LM '98 Watkins Glen WinShot.jpg

Mercedes-AMG GT R '17 700PP (Ultra Lightweight Edition)

Widebody Kit
Sports Soft Tyres
(same as the original parts list but with addition enhanced mechanical parts)

I have received some level 5 parts for this car and thought I would enhance and make this tune a little better for the new version I have. The original one is still good if you don't have Weight Reduction stage 5 but if you do, use this tune instead as it makes it more reactive and fun.

Merc-AMG GT R '17 700PPULE-1.jpg

Merc-AMG GT R '17 700PPULE-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 360
Set FG as per image

Merc-AMG GT R '17 700PPULE-3.jpg

Merc-AMG GT R '17 700PPULE-4.jpg

Winning race

Merc-AMG GT R '17 700PPULE WS.jpg

Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE Package '18 700PP

Sports Soft Tyres

An easy to drive and safe 700PP American race car wannabe. Will dominate all races in its class. Drive it a few laps to learn its tendencies and you'll hopefully understand the way in which this is tuned. This car is a torque monster so needs to be driven with a specific set of skills that only Liam Neeson has. Good luck!

Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE Pkg '18 700PP-1.jpg

Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE Pkg '18 700PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 360
Set FG as per image

Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE Pkg '18 700PP-3.jpg

Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE Pkg '18 700PP-4.jpg

Winning Race Picture

Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE Pkg '18 700PP WinShot.jpg

Honda Civic Type R (EK) '98

Sports Hard Tyres

The standard version of this car. Expect a engine swap version to come soon.

A lovely little low PP car for those FF races. Feels nice, turns well and has lots of power for short tracks. Enjoy!

Honda Civic Type R (EK) '98 500PP-1.jpg

Honda Civic Type R (EK) '98 500PP-2.jpg

Honda Civic Type R (EK) '98 500PP-3.jpg

Last edited:
Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TT 2seater '89 700PP (Engine Swap Tune)

Sports Soft Tyres

Engine: GTR Nismo
Widebody Car
Sized up wheels (wide)

This car is super stable in the short tight corners for acceleration out, once you hit the mid-high rev range, this thing comes alive and will get a tad squirrelly on you but that is part of its charm, it won't kill you, it will just warn you what is to come so you can prepare. Give is a drive and see for yourself. A very nice engine for this car is the Nismo one.

Nissan Fairlady Z Z300ZX TT 2seater '89 700PP ES-1.jpg

Nissan Fairlady Z Z300ZX TT 2seater '89 700PP ES-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 310
Set FG as per image

Nissan Fairlady Z Z300ZX TT 2seater '89 700PP ES-3.jpg

Nissan Fairlady Z Z300ZX TT 2seater '89 700PP ES-4.jpg

The winning race I chose to test this one.

Nissan Fairlady Z Z300ZX TT 2seater '89 700PP ES WS.jpg

Last edited:
Right then you lovely people. That is the first lot of tunes sorted out. I hope you enjoy them. I have also updated the Ford GT '06 tune as the original tune was slightly off for the Watkins Glen race.

Lots more to come. I have a very long list of cars in my garage and all being well, I will have another load of tunes ready to publish tomorrow. Back to the land of tuning for me now. Let me know what you make of the tunes as always. Many thanks for those who have been posting feedback lately. It is great to see.

Ford Roadster 550PP

Sports Hard Tyres

A fun (old... ancient) car that is actually pretty good to drive. Think of those old F1 cars where the drivers would drift them round fast flowing bends before slamming the power down and sliding out gracefully. Well, this car does that! It is a lot of fun and safe to drive at the limit. Tuned at Watkins Glen and a fun way to beat the first race indeed.

View attachment 1166247
View attachment 1166248

Transmission
Set TS to 240
Set FG as per image

View attachment 1166249
View attachment 1166250
So many tunes in this forum at the moment..... where do I start?

Well, I asked for this one, so I'll build it tomorrow and head to the Glen.

BMW M3 '03 700PP
I have to admit, I struggled to tame her at Sarthe on RH’s (72 on the Restrictor). The brakes feel underpowered and the back-end gets loose very easily under any throttle application. Any surface water on the track really highlights these tendencies. Some adjustments to the LSD may be in order, or it could just be me. Fuel economy is excellent, FM1 is worth 3 laps, nearly ideal for LM. The times are not the best and better results are certainly attainable.

71B7D2ED-7A97-4CA9-B8AA-1F509D0BAA7F.jpeg

2FB71FAC-C92C-4C4E-A415-B8AF3C9575BC.jpeg

Last edited:
Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TT 2seater '89 700PP (Engine Swap Tune)
The car practically drives itself, VERY stable. Fuel economy is borderline, but manageable. Unfortunately, there was some early light rain that never fully dried and I could never get in a rhythm. My belief is that the car can turn 4:10’s, I just couldn’t get there.

0DA32502-FA73-4E80-A227-D123801EA8B8.jpeg

I have to admit, I struggled to tame her at Sarthe on RH’s (72 on the Restrictor). The brakes feel underpowered and the back-end gets loose very easily under any throttle application. Any surface water on the track really highlights these tendencies. Some adjustments to the LSD may be in order, or it could just be me. Fuel economy is excellent, FM1 is worth 3 laps, nearly ideal for LM. The times are not the best and better results are certainly attainable.

View attachment 1166423
View attachment 1166425
This doesn't surprise me. It isn't really a tune for this race. I do plan on making another m3 engine swap car purely with RH tyres as I know the fuel consumption will be nice. Gonna be a full blown area package. Not as much HP but the tyres will more than make up for it. You still won by a good time though which is amazing.
The car practically drives itself, VERY stable. Fuel economy is borderline, but manageable. Unfortunately, there was some early light rain that never fully dried and I could never get in a rhythm. My belief is that the car can turn 4:10’s, I just couldn’t get there.

View attachment 1166433
It is an awesome and extremely powerful car. It will burn extra fuel but it feels sort of similar to the Silvia tune in how it will drive.

Thanks for testing these cars out.

I have found a gem of a car in the engine swap ones. The Yaris GR RZ with the 2JZ at 650PP is an absolute beast of a car. I have nearly ironed out all the niggles and it is right up in terms of lap times of the 700PP cars. Not bad for a hot hatch with SS tyres. I think you will like this one when its done.

I have found a gem of a car in the engine swap ones. The Yaris GR RZ with the 2JZ at 650PP is an absolute beast of a car. I have nearly ironed out all the niggles and it is right up in terms of lap times of the 700PP cars. Not bad for a hot hatch with SS tyres. I think you will like this one when its done.
I really liked that car before the swap and have no doubt you can make it even better.

BMW M3 '03 700PP

Engine: Z4 GT3 engine
Sports Soft Tyres
Widebody Car
Size up wheels (Wide)

An easy to drive 700PP monster that will crush any road event at this level. Safe, fast and massive acceleration from the GT3 engine swap. A must to have in your garage for sure!

View attachment 1166238
View attachment 1166239

Transmission
Set TS to 320
Set FG.

View attachment 1166240
View attachment 1166241

The proof in the pudding

View attachment 1166237
Very good tune. Got 4:02:141 fastest lap at WTC 700 Le Mans.

Very good tune. Got 4:02:141 fastest lap at WTC 700 Le Mans.
Thanks, Glad it worked for you. As I mentioned in a previous post, I will be working on a dedicated tune for this event and it will be even easier then all being well.
I’m a novice at best, both at Sardegna and in a race car. Pretty easy drive, lapped more than half the entrants.

View attachment 1166467View attachment 1166468
This car definitely makes all these 800PP events easy to win. Very nice time and your pace is the same as mine. Good work! This race is a really nice money maker and not too boring either. If you had fun in this car, give the CLK-LM merc a go, that car is awesome on this track.

Honda Integra Type R (DC2) ‘98
Engine Swap-(K20C1-Civic-‘20)
Car Settings-Honda civic type r FK8 ‘20
E3FB1F49-CC9F-4AC8-9A9C-1B1D9B0437DC.jpeg
60247C0F-7B26-4806-8758-26AAFE182842.jpeg
5A124D19-9655-4B3E-B1E2-4671F9BD905D.jpeg
C92F300A-9B39-4885-80EF-5BC4104CCFEB.jpeg

Subaru WRX Gr.3 800PP
My first on-the-record completion at Spa, starting to get a feel for the course. The car definitely did the heavy lifting though, lol. I failed to get lap times because the car started fishtailing wildly out of the last chicane.

928E8C60-7D0F-413B-B4DD-DAB1EC1B1C42.jpeg

I was feeling pretty good after that, so gave the Chili’s a try…not so good. Man, the AI is on PCP or something, I can’t even get close in ANY of these races.

86FDC7C2-D47A-4D95-84D3-31850492D91F.jpeg
9C48A072-759F-460B-9059-ACFD43718146.jpeg

My first on-the-record completion at Spa, starting to get a feel for the course. The car definitely did the heavy lifting though, lol. I failed to get lap times because the car started fishtailing wildly out of the last chicane.

View attachment 1166513

I was feeling pretty good after that, so gave the Chili’s a try…not so good. Man, the AI is on PCP or something, I can’t even get close in ANY of these races.

View attachment 1166515View attachment 1166514
Great win. For the Chili races use the following tune
McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95 800PP
If you don't have this car, use the M6 GT3.

Ford Roadster 550PP

Sports Hard Tyres

View attachment 1166247
View attachment 1166248

Transmission
Set TS to 240
Set FG as per image

View attachment 1166249
View attachment 1166250
Even more fun than I imagined.

The bus stop is taken at a minimum of 45 degree angle. Exactly what I wanted from this.

Thank you mate!!

roadster 1.jpg

roadster 2.jpg

roadster 3.jpg

BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 800PP

This car is epic. BUY THIS CAR NOW!

To be honest, that is all that needs to be said about this thing. It drives like the Stig on heat, handles awesomely through any corner and will win any 800PP WTC race effortlessly.

Strategy for Sardegna Road.
FM6 until lap 8-9.
Change tyres if you wish but it isn't necessary. Refuel completely
FM5 until the last lap and then go to FM1 and blast to the finish line.
Effortless win.

View attachment 1166242
View attachment 1166243

Transmission
Set TS to 320
Set FG as per image

View attachment 1166244View attachment 1166245

The proof pudding

View attachment 1166246
Very nice tune for the Sardegna grinding! A bit tired already of Le Mans since I've raced it a thousand times

I did plan on finishing off some tunes today but my brain hasn't been with it. Hopefully after a good sleep tonight i'll be back on it tomorrow.

Good to see you all enjoying the tunes I have published yesterday though.

Back