Exeter GT Tuning

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 935 comments
BMW M3 '03 700PP

Engine: Z4 GT3 engine
Sports Soft Tyres
Widebody Car
Size up wheels (Wide)

An easy to drive 700PP monster that will crush any road event at this level. Safe, fast and massive acceleration from the GT3 engine swap. A must to have in your garage for sure!

View attachment 1166238
View attachment 1166239

Transmission
Set TS to 320
Set gear ratios as per image
Set FG.

View attachment 1166240
View attachment 1166241

The proof in the pudding

View attachment 1166237
As someone who is terrible, and barely knows, the Green hell...... I figured why not head out to the only configuration available that doesnt require a Porsche, but does require something German?

Whilst I am not performant at this track, this M3 GT3 is. Wow. The acceleration is brutal. You definitely need to be on time with braking. Too late, and you'll understeer. Apply the throttle too soon or too generously and you will oversteer.

Great tune taming this thing.... even if it does want to launch itself to space on every bump.

m3 gt3 exeter.jpg

m3 gt3 exeter 1.jpg

m3 gt3 exeter 2.jpg

Built all bar one, made even more, the Hondas turned out well, very happy with all. How about a hot golf ?
Do you mean a engine swap golf? I don't think there is one available currently. Unless I am missing something and the list I used was incomplete.

Toyota GR Yaris RZ "High Performance" '20 650PP

Engine Swap = Toyota 2JZ
Wide Body Kit
Wide Rims - Any size you prefer
Rear wing from area parts

This car is awesome in this form. The 2JZ engine really works with this car and it goes like no other hot hatch will in the game. The car also looks awesome which makes this tune worth it for me.

Toyota GR Yaris RZ %22HP%22 '20 650PP-1.jpg

Toyota GR Yaris RZ %22HP%22 '20 650PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 330
Set FG as per image

Toyota GR Yaris RZ %22HP%22 '20 650PP-3.jpg

Toyota GR Yaris RZ %22HP%22 '20 650PP-4.jpg

Dodge R/T '70 650PP
(Version 1)

Engine Swap = Dodge Hellcat
Sports Soft Tyres
Sized up wheels (not essential)

This is a version 1 for this car. I have made it drivable and safe but it doesn't have the full feel I would want. Need to get my head around the last touches but I am happy to publish this beast being that it is essentially a hellcat in a old body dodge. It won't kill you and treat it right, it might even love you a little. Give it a whirl and see how you get on.

Dodge R:T '70 650PP-1.jpg

Dodge R:T '70 650PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 250
Set FG as image

Dodge R:T '70 650PP-3.jpg

Dodge R:T '70 650PP-4.jpg

AMG Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series '20 700PP

Sports Soft Tyres

This car is up there with the other AMG in terms of speed and feel. Sounds different which is nice but ultimately another nice choice for those european/german events in the game.

AMG Merc-AMG GT Black Series '20 700PP-1.jpg

AMG Merc-AMG GT Black Series '20 700PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 360
Set FG as per image

AMG Merc-AMG GT Black Series '20 700PP-3jpg.jpg

AMG Merc-AMG GT Black Series '20 700PP-4.jpg

AMG Mercedes-AMG GT3 '16 800PP

Racing Medium Tyres

This car feels really nice around Suzuka and is safe to drive at the limit. A really nice option should you want to try a different GT3 model for those races. It isn't the top Gr.3 car but it will put a smile on your face.

AMG Merc-AMG GT3 '16 780PP-1.jpg

AMG Merc-AMG GT3 '16 780PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 320
Set FG as image.

This transmission is the basis for the 730PP version too.

AMG Merc-AMG GT3 '16 780PP-3.jpg

AMG Merc-AMG GT3 '16 780PP-4.jpg

That is probably the lot of tunes i'll get round to publishing this week now as I have a few things to do this afternoon and then I'm working from tomorrow. I have a few half tunes in my garage that need more time but hopefully next week i'll have them all sorted out.

Hope you enjoy them all. I know a lot of you will love the 2JZ Yaris, really awesome little car for sure.

Porsche Carrera GT '04 700PP

Sports Soft Tyres

A nicely tuned Carrera GT. Took me a while to get this to a stage which I was happy to publish but it is here now. A bit like the La Ferrari. Not a car you throw into corners at full speed but it will repay you with an excellent lap when you keep it sensible. An awesome car that is worthy of inclusion in this game.

View attachment 1150276
View attachment 1150277

Transmission
Set TS to 330
Set ratios as per image
Set final gear as per image

View attachment 1150278
View attachment 1150279
Wow, the updates have made 47pp difference so should I do more Power Restrictor or Output Adjust in unison please?

Wow, the updates have made 47pp difference so should I do more Power Restrictor or Output Adjust in unison please?
I would increase front ride height by 10 and then power adjust to get the rest to desired PP. The offset of doing the ride height is that you will get a tad less grip but given that it is low now, it shouldn't affect the outcome too much. Should you feel that it needs more grip (front end), go back to tune ride height and just lose pp through the power adjust. The compromise is that you'll lose valuable HP but its all down to personal preference.

Also, Remeasure after you do the ride height to see what the new PP is.

Last edited:
Toyota GR Yaris RZ "High Performance" '20 650PP

Cambio motore = Toyota 2JZ
Kit corpo largo
Cerchi larghi - Qualsiasi dimensione tu preferisca
Ala posteriore da parti di zona

Questa macchina è fantastica in questa forma. Il motore 2JZ funziona davvero con questa macchina e funziona come nessun altro hot hatch nel gioco. Anche l'auto ha un aspetto fantastico, il che rende questa melodia degna per me.

[ALLEGARE=completo]1167164[/ALLEGARE]
[ALLEGARE=completo]1167165[/ALLEGARE]

Trasmissione
Impostare TS su 330
Imposta i rapporti di trasmissione come da immagine
Imposta FG come da immagine

[ALLEGARE=completo]1167166[/ALLEGARE]
[ALLEGARE=completo]1167167[/ALLEGARE]
Grazie

Attachments

• GR Yaris.png
    GR Yaris.png
    154.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Many thanks my friend @praiano63 Gives Your tunes a lot of respect on his thread . Between the two of you guys You will get PD's work In shape :) .
If it comes down to Power Restrictor vs Output Adjust vs Bollest Which would you Sacrifice 1st and in which order Please?

Many thanks my friend @praiano63 Gives Your tunes a lot of respect on his thread . Between the two of you guys You will get PD's work In shape :) .
If it comes down to Power Restrictor vs Output Adjust vs Bollest Which would you Sacrifice 1st and in which order Please?
He is a good guy. Always nice to hear that. Ballast is only used by me when I need to balance a car better. I will always sacrifice power via the power restrictor and also a little ride height adjust to minimise power loss.

McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95 800PP

Racing Hard Tyres

Yeah.. this is not cheap but it awesome and it is definitely worth selling a kidney or two should you get the chance! (please don't sell a kidney in real life... I won't be held responsible for those sorts of actions!)

Okay, being serious now, this car is sooo good. Tested it on a race that I had yet win and it make it ridiculously easy to do so. I felt like I was cheating a little. You'll find this car towards the top of its class any day of the week. For those who brought this a week or so ago, well done good people! I salute you and your ingenuousness.

View attachment 1153587
View attachment 1153588

Transmission
Set TS to 320
Set FG as per image

View attachment 1153589
View attachment 1153590

Race Strategy - Barcelona
FM1 for half a lap
FM4 until you pit for fuel on lap 6
FM4 until the end. If you need to fuel save, go to FM6 in the mid field mickey mouse corners and you can really eek out that fuel consumption.

View attachment 1153591
Hello look at this for a mash up!
so I’ve used these settings to tune the Ferrari F40. Then I’ve used your F40 tune for the Gear ratio. And a custom lsd. And it works
C50354A9-D795-429A-9D50-AA725ABE912F.jpeg
C4A18AE2-0302-43C3-8C4F-A430D7819C5E.jpeg
FE0071F7-2A53-4203-817F-E10E09D3C4AE.jpeg

Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98 (500PP)
K20 swapped with full aero, stock trans settings with final gear adjustment. For Sarthe, adequate on fuel, FM6 for 3 laps, 3 for 2. It does tend to chew through front tires pretty quick, 2 laps driven hard on RM’s. EASY to drive, could’ve broken 4:10, miscalculation on tires (dark skies were looming so I stayed on RH, but no rain ultimately) for my final 2 laps. Great for Sarthe, doubtful for the other 3 money-makers due to fuel consumption.

26EBE278-2683-4FCF-923D-ECE85EDFA1FA.jpegA1AC60AB-830C-436F-AE55-F456DEFC29E4.jpeg27BE14A3-3FE4-4386-A540-D7137C64C73D.jpeg6E2D95AF-5036-49B8-94D9-ACFF31E7CEEC.jpeg4D68707A-D81F-40C5-B385-50CAD2581ED4.jpeg

Ferrari F40 '92 700PP
Wow, this car really is very temperamental to the slightest adjustments, but I think I got her there. These settings make the car much easier to drive more importantly. FM6 for 3 laps, 2 gets 2, so probably not a candidate outside of Sarthe. Don’t let the trans values fool you, that is Exe’s trans set down to 320, the ratios are virtually identical. Someone could try and remove the wing, but it really impacted the braking to me and lowers the PP value by 2.90 with the Type A.

02896B99-BCAC-464E-A432-37286617AA1A.jpegAF057504-89AE-4B98-B38E-4A590AF745C2.jpegFC5766C7-FE54-4BA9-91AD-7012AD4131DE.jpeg
D7AD79F3-D909-459A-B2E2-59AFE784983F.jpeg
A49D0F5B-4EF5-432C-A63B-08CAB93D5816.jpeg

BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 800PP
Hello Shaun!

Sorry for not posting reviews, but been super busy at work and not much free time this last week... Next one will be on holidays, so plenty of time to race!!

So, as per usual, my review by points on the "Fina" car:

• Tested on 15 laps of Sardegna
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220702211304.jpg

1. Superior handling and infinite grip!
  2. FM is great, on FM6 5+ laps done
  3. Excellent cornering capability, very nimble, mid-corner rotation is excellent, the weight transfer is flawless which allows no body roll (noticed that more on the quick left/right corners on this track)
  4. Gearbox ratios are spot on, long 1st and 2nd gears allow no wheelspin at all, no oversteer on corner exiting, even on 1st!
  5. Very little or none understeer, believe it is related to the suspension geometry...
  6. Tyre wear is good, perhaps the price to pay for such nimble and agile car
  7. Mid corner acceleration is superb, allows to be driven at max!
  8. Strongly believe that 800PP is a low class for this car, the power output kills a tiny bit of car stamina and believe this one at no PP restriction would do great at the GR1 group races if allowed...
Last but not least, the engine noise!!! OMG!! The sound combined with that high RPM Mr T!!!!

Christian Bale Reaction GIF

Cheers all! 👍

Thank you for the Porsche GT3 RS tune. After testing on Suzuka and Watkins Glen, I swapped out SS tyres for RH and reduced power to match 700pp as I found myself being faster that way.

I wonder what is your reasoning for using sports tyres for a lot of 700pp tunes?

Thank you for the Porsche GT3 RS tune. After testing on Suzuka and Watkins Glen, I swapped out SS tyres for RH and reduced power to match 700pp as I found myself being faster that way.

I wonder what is your reasoning for using sports tyres for a lot of 700pp tunes?
It is personal preference really. Rh tyres on a road car restrict the races it can enter. I always tune ss cars to be as smooth as possible so adding racing tyres doesn’t affect it’s behaviour too much. It is also to do with pp ratings. I like bigger horse power rather than fatter tyres.

It is personal preference really. Rh tyres on a road car restrict the races it can enter. I always tune ss cars to be as smooth as possible so adding racing tyres doesn’t affect it’s behaviour too much. It is also to do with pp ratings. I like bigger horse power rather than fatter tyres.
Fair enough.

Admitedly, it is very fun to control the car with less grip, so I’ll keep the tune in my collection for tracks where straight line speed is more important.

Do you happen to have any rally tunes btw?

Suzuki VGT (Gr.3) 775PP

Racing Medium Tyres

A fast and useful Gr.3 VGT car. Safe to drive and feels smooth.
Hello Shaun!

Will be doing a review of this version on my holidays, but just by mere curiosity did a detuned version (no high RPM MrT and power output to 87) to 700PP for LM and had the most bizarre race of all the races I've done on this circuit... Will give more details on the full review!

The point being, just to let you know that the Suzuki is highly competitive on this PP level... May be a good choice for grind the LM... while raining... with a car with no roof... :D

TY! 👍

Latest Posts

Back