Exeter GT Tuning

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 935 comments
BMW M3 '03 600PP
LOL, my new swapped cheat code. I’m including the tune on this one for you to sample if you’d like Shaun. I toyed with the gearbox a bit, it feels close. This car in this iteration would not pass your safety test, but I think a little more work on the LSD and/or the suspension will clean it up. This assumes you took part in the bonanza or have the engine via more legitimate means.

0F1792F5-3973-4D8F-A193-35838E2AA17D.jpeg
C2F96FC8-3F2D-47B6-BCF2-FBB7E4FD29A8.jpeg
0FD15FE2-DBE0-4918-B3C9-EC10C9801AB3.jpeg
475FAE2C-21EF-4B91-A40E-E72163459BC1.jpeg
0D18ADF5-12F3-49F9-B375-A4BB365997C9.jpeg

Easy driver, difficult to get into trouble with this one. Fuel economy was REALLY good, might be even better with a custom gearbox, 3 laps at FM4 and 1 at 1. A bit slower than some of its kin, a box might clean that up as well. Very slight adjustments to your tune, sheet included.

View attachment 1175028View attachment 1175027
View attachment 1175029

View attachment 1175030
Stole the gearbox from the 996. A bit less power, but if the acceleration times are accurate, it should be an improvement. Probably won’t have time to test it today as I’d like to give the 991 a shot before I find something else to do.

Ran a couple test laps, fuel economy seems equal. It now shifts into 6th at 165 MPH instead of 180 and the top speed on the track is up to 187 fro 181. The custom box is the way to go IMO.

View attachment 1175036
FM4, equal lap time

View attachment 1175037
FM1, improved lap time
The 01 and 09 porsche of this version are pretty similar and very good drives. I like that both can be trusted with the rear end grip under acceleration.
B80
Interesting. Whats your stance on reducing PP using ECU or power restrictor and/or ballast. Guessing reduce ECU to 70 if needed before touching power restrictor? Not sure what difference really is. So if you had to reduce pp 50 or whatever, you;d always reduce ecu to 70, or from your knowledge of the game, cars etc sometimes reduce to 85, then restrictor by 10, ballast by 50 (keep orginal weight distro the same) etc. Plucking numbers out the air, but hopefully clear what I'm getting at :D

Would you always follow set routine of restricting using ecu, then ballast to max, then restrictor or whatever order you use. Or are there situations depending on track, car etc you'd follow another formula?

Also with gear boxes,is it simply a case that racing manual allows full customization of ratios, or all ratios/things being equal theres no performance gain, just purely customization flexibility that you pay for with racing box? Clutch/Flyweels make 'performance' enhancement to efficiency, speed of actually changing gears, not losing more momentum than necessary?
ECU power is always reduced first now and ballast is only used a last resort, its main use is for balance of a car.
Gear boxes are used to reduce wheelsman and make cars stable when max torque might destabilise the balance of the car.
Clutches are picked based on car. low PP don't need racing clutches, high PP road cars required a semi racing or racing clutch depending on the PP rating. Racing clutch makes changes quicker but its not that different to semi racing as far as I can tell.
I tinkered with the gearbox a fair bit to improve the mileage, but I can’t squeeze 3 laps out of it no matter what I try. Also, I couldn’t get to your acceleration numbers (a full .5s slower in the KM), even with a direct copy, so maybe I screwed up somewhere else along the way.

Excellent in the corners was the highlight for me, I just wish the mileage was better.
I love the looks of the '16 RS porsche. A great looking and amazing handling car. Very trustworthy on all tracks.
Yea, that’s not gonna’ work for Sarthe, lol. Cool car, nice tune on the suspension and its fun to hear everybody else’s engines.

Darn, mine was already fully built and as I’m trying to save up for the 917K, I can’t afford a new one right now.
If you want to do an endurance race, don't go electric... It is an awesome car/tune in its base form and fun to use in a race where fuel isn't a factor for sure though.

I found the Carrera GT '04 very hard to get right on SS tyres. I havn't tested this car on RH tyres so I am not sure how it will cope. The SS tune is extremely fun but not a car you throw into a corner, drive it sensibly and it feels great.
A fun and engaging drive, held back by pretty bad economy (FM5 for just 2 laps), which is surprising and quite a let-down. It is fast enough to make up for this shortcoming, but it still feels like a bit of a miss. She does not like RH’s on a wet track either, handles great with IM’s though. Those 2 combined make it a bit iffy at Sarthe, where both can be crucial to success. That said, the car is VERY forgiving and makes it quite easy to correct mistakes. Very fast under the right conditions and should be able to turn sub-4:10’s, so maybe some hope for redemption yet. Tune is solid, no complaints there what-so-ever.

I don’t understand why they cripple some of these swaps with such poor fuel economy. The same engine in a lighter car, nearly 850 pounds in this case, should ALWAYS yield improved fuel burn, that’s just basic physics.

View attachment 1175339
Then again, as I look at the mini-map and realize I almost lapped the entire field…maybe I should stop whinging.
I have to say, this car is a great surprise and the 2JZ engine makes this car awesome indeed. I get what you mean about the fuel but it does also have a High RPM Turbo so it was never going to be kind on fuel/oil. I like this car is stable and you can drive it to its limits and feel confident (in the dry at least). I haven't driven this thing in the wet so I can't say what it would feel like for that.

Nailed it. Dialed in just about perfectly and on the cheap too. It's a custom trans, but probably unnecessary, I didn't make any changes to it. The wing may not be needed either, but I already had it on there. FM6 gets 3 laps, 2 gets 2. You can push through the 7th lap if needed, but you should have enough of a lead after 6 to sit at the finish until time expires and then cross. I was falling asleep and still killed this run.
Pathetic times really…

DC4C9088-2F08-4D33-AF71-7D856EFC96F2.jpeg

C8046F38-BCA9-46B4-A45B-3CCC7CFE0C26.jpeg

Not a tune but a race winning strategy for the MB CLK-LM race car.

The race in particular is the Spa 1hr 800PP WTC race. I still had to gold this race and using this tune with FM5 all the race, apart from the last lap when I let the car have full power.

RH tyres all the way, only use IM if you get torrential down pour, otherwise stick with it and you'll be fine with the rainy weather in general.

I lapped all the cars going, averaged 2.20min laps every lap (dry) and 2.27min lap (wet)

1million credits (1.5 million if you clean race it like I did). This car feels planted around this track and you'll have no issues what so ever getting gold with this tune.

Enjoy.

CLK-LM Spa 24hr 1hr race strat.jpg

Subaru BRZ Drift Car '17 700PP

Racing Hard Tyres

This is a race winning race car with the tune I have created for it. Goes really well and handles great through the corners. None of that drift malarky that the original car had.

Really nice for the Gr.4 races where you can show up those cars easily. Not tested on Le Mans but I'm sure with a tinker of the transmission you'll be fine.

Enjoy.

Subaru BRZ Drift Car '17 700PP-1.jpg

Subaru BRZ Drift Car '17 700PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 300
Set Ratios as per image
Set FG as per image

Subaru BRZ Drift Car '17 700PP-3.jpg

Subaru BRZ Drift Car '17 700PP-4.jpg

The proof pudding

BRZ Drift Car 700PP WinShot.jpg

Honda NSX '17 700PP

Sports Soft Tyres

A fast, safe and fun NSX tune. Don't throw it into corners, slow in, fast out. A little tail happy at times but definitely controllable.

Honda NSX '17 700PP-1.jpg

Honda NSX '17 700PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 320
Set gear ratios as per image
Set FG as per image

Honda NSX '17 700PP-3.jpg

Honda NSX '17 700PP-4.jpg

The winning race (tested on this event as all cars are at the same level).

Honda NSX '17 700PP-WinShot.jpg

That is it I'm afraid. I haven't been as productive this week as I normally am. I am blaming it on work and the fact it has totally knackered me out. I only have a couple more shifts though before I have a two week break away for the summer so I hope to come back energetic, refreshed and back in my usual state of production of tunes.

I have so many tunes which are sort of there but I'm not happy with it is starting to get a little annoying for me. I definitely feel a break away will clear all them up though.

McLaren 650S '14 700PP
F-A-S-T. Only one drawback, fuel economy and there didn’t appear to be anything I could do about it and I tried quite a bit. So I set it at 6 and let it ride except for L3 at FM1 in anticipation of rain that never came. Handles like a dream, acceleration and top speed are both very impressive. Just an all-around great car and tune. Kudos!

ED89BCAE-A870-45C0-94FD-EA73AD66258E.jpeg

C4ED1E91-4ED8-42FD-8F1E-FF6AA07886F9.jpeg

F-A-S-T. Only one drawback, fuel economy and there didn’t appear to be anything I could do about it and I tried quite a bit. So I set it at 6 and let it ride except for L3 at FM1 in anticipation of rain that never came. Handles like a dream, acceleration and top speed are both very impressive. Just an all-around great car and tune. Kudos!

View attachment 1177386
View attachment 1177387
Thanks. I do like this car myself. Always felt nice to drive at the limit.
Hello Exeter GT it’s says the Ford GT race car is capable of 216mph do you know how to achieve this ?View attachment 1177663
I am not sure yet. Still have to buy this car. Been saving up for the invitation cars which now have a great purpose with the hypercar events.

Speaking of new events. I used the clk-lm for the neoclassic races and found it easy to get that menu book complete. As for the hypercar, Ferrari laferrari is really nice. 1000bhp and so easy to drive. Makes the menu book effortless.

McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95 800PP

Racing Hard Tyres

Hello Shaun!

Since my hollidays are over (:(), managed to get a bit of time to test out this "bad boy"...
  1. Settings used as stated on the tune - FM4
  2. Circuit: Watkins Glenn 800PP 10 laps
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220731094122.jpg

This is the "rebel" one to his big brother (the LT), which is more civilized and a bit of gentleman racer... :)

• Amazing overall power avaliability is huge, on FM4 or FM6 still has an output strong enough to get a hight top speed​
  • Tyre wear is good although the rear tyres suffer from a lot of pressure when driving at the car limit, maybe the RM are a good choice for this one, the extra grip does come in handy...​
  • Very good rotation on cornering, no weight transfer or body roll noticed at any time;​
  • No mid-cornering understeer​
  • A small oversteer is present if you drive to the edge, meaning, in relation to his big brother (LT) which is more refined this one has that rear end slip that gets you sharp, remembering that "I'm here and I'm dangerous!!"​
  • Superb gearbox, tuned to perfection, all gears are fast and quick, which allows to put down the powwer earlier...​
So, overall, love the car, felt like a real driver, making all those little input corrections to keep it safe!! :lol:

TY! 👍

Last edited:
So the new Hypercar races are the perfect place to try out your duo of Ferrari classic “Hypercars”; the F40 and F50.

Took the F40 to Le Mans. This thing is wild under braking. You must keep it pointed straight. It was so much fun tearing around on those SS tyres. Despite lap times of sun 4 minutes, and a sub 12 minute overall time, I just wasn’t able to catch Coque and his Vulcan.

Now for the F50. Took this one to Kyoto. What a special machine this is! None of the braking issues of the F40, and incredible stability on those long corners. Just a dream to drive. Probably the most fun car and track combination in GT7’s AI races. Was able to catch the Vulcan, and pass it, on lap 2. However, it followed me to the front and pushed me all the way the last 2 laps. Gaining so much ground on me on the straights, but it had nothing on the cornering speed of the F50.

Amazing tunes. I prefer the styling of the F40….. but this tune has made me a convert to the F50.

Looking forward to trying the F50 at Le Mans.

For what it’s worth I had a stock 918 with RH for Trial Mountain….. absolute snooze fest.

McLaren 650S Gr.4 630PP

Racing Hard Tyres

This tune was pretty good in stock form, I just tweaked it a little to make it more direct in the steering. A very cool car!
Hello Shaun!

Got some free time and managed to do a review of the MCL on two tracks...

So, the first one:

• Brands Hatch 10 laps 700PP
  • Changes made to original settings - added Mid-RPM Turbo
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220806112155.jpg

This thing is just insane!
The mechanical grip this car has is just outstanding, factor which was the key to BHatch, being a technical course...

Main features:

• Superb mechanical grip as stated​
  • No oversteer or understeer at all, even on the exit acceleration of the hairpin...​
  • Outstanding rotation that allows faster cornering speed and early acceleration​
  • Amazing acceleration and power, i.e., the torque avaliable is imediate and allows to put the power down almost instantly​
  • Very good tyre wear and fuel even on FM1..​
On Brands Hatch it felt made for the track, the superior agility of the car allowed to gain greater advantage with only 1 pistop needed...

OK, now the second one...

• LeMans 30m 700PP
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220806182705.jpg

OK, how to describe this one... Absolutely flawless!!
No mistakes, super clean race, dealt with heavy rain perfectly... Did half of the race (3 laps) on FM6 and had plenty of power to work with, the remain of the race (until lap 7) did a small test on FM1 to experience the car's full power and it was amazing... Of course an extra refuel stop was needed...

Honestly had my doubts about this car, but it was a very nice surprise indeed... The only "flaw" I could point is that it could have a bit more power...

TY! 👍

Last edited:
Toyota GR Yaris RZ "High performance" '20 600PP

Sports Soft Tyres
one up size wheels

A surprise package. Very small, nimble and extremely quick. Also has 4wd which makes it go like a rat up a drain pipe. I was pleasantly surprised by how this car felt and how stable it was. Hope you all enjoy this little beast.

View attachment 1143138
View attachment 1143139

Transmission
Set TS to 250
Set gear ratios as per image below
Set final gear as needed. Image below will get you to 600PP

View attachment 1143140
View attachment 1143141

Toyota GR Yaris RZ "High performance" '20 600PP

Sports Soft Tyres
one up size wheels

A surprise package. Very small, nimble and extremely quick. Also has 4wd which makes it go like a rat up a drain pipe. I was pleasantly surprised by how this car felt and how stable it was. Hope you all enjoy this little beast.

View attachment 1143138
View attachment 1143139

Transmission
Set TS to 250
Set gear ratios as per image below
Set final gear as needed. Image below will get you to 600PP

View attachment 1143140
View attachment 1143141
Many thanks for this build.! I wonder if you can do me a favour.
I did order thee. Pre-order build of GT7 but Amazon, Not giving the codes For free content, screwed me So I lost The free car When Sony Realized I shouldn't have had it after a refund from Amazon as you can see in the image below!
I'm building And equivalent UK Livery so I was I was wondering if you could show the rear please as I can't find any Google rear shots of any UK or other nationality 1st edition Perf 20?

Attachments

• IMG_20220807_120911.jpg
    IMG_20220807_120911.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 18
Audi R8 4.2 '07 600PP
This is one of my all-time favorite tunes of yours drives like its on rails. Very safe, you really have to push to get yourself in trouble with this one. The one thing I can’t figure is the fuel economy, I can get 2 laps at FM3 (for every lap except my final one, go figure), but can’t get 3 laps to save my life and I’ve tried everything I know to improve the economy. Still a wonderful car, as evidenced by the lap times.

Ran out of fuel here, otherwise I’m probably a sub-4:05.
EA23D5B4-A73F-4D77-8526-BE5EF214E766.jpeg
E9D1C9E7-AA30-4217-9E7C-D57D4CCD68B4.jpeg
98B8A222-EA13-4EAC-BB74-A09F6DDD4466.jpeg

Ford Focus ST '15 550PP
This car was a champ at Sarthe and she faced the worst of conditions. With over 2 bars of water on the track on L4, she turned a lap time I’ve seen few, if any, other cars match. I absolutely should have had a sub-4:20 L7 and was on-pace for it until I collapsed coming up the backstretch AND managed to run out of fuel. This very well may be my new favorite FF in the game.

C7DF7F1A-8D72-4E94-82CC-8C33F6F401CB.jpeg
B85776C0-369C-479B-AF39-EA0833563805.jpeg
D5B9D416-ECA1-4F0A-A300-C1D87E3B4DCE.jpeg

Subaru BRZ Drift Car '17 700PP

Racing Hard Tyres

This is a race winning race car with the tune I have created for it. Goes really well and handles great through the corners. None of that drift malarky that the original car had.

Really nice for the Gr.4 races where you can show up those cars easily. Not tested on Le Mans but I'm sure with a tinker of the transmission you'll be fine.

Enjoy.

View attachment 1177018
View attachment 1177019

Transmission
Set TS to 300
Set Ratios as per image
Set FG as per image

View attachment 1177020
View attachment 1177021

The proof pudding

View attachment 1177017

i tried this tune a couple of times in wtc lemans 700 and i came home with a lot of credits 😁 i just drive conservatively. short shifting a lot, adjusted the gearings to make it taller, and always feathering the throttle to minimize fuel consumption. 😉 all in all great tune, and the car looks lovely imho 😍

thanks shaun! 😇

Gran Turismo® 7_20220809160027.jpg

LOL, my new swapped cheat code. I’m including the tune on this one for you to sample if you’d like Shaun. I toyed with the gearbox a bit, it feels close. This car in this iteration would not pass your safety test, but I think a little more work on the LSD and/or the suspension will clean it up. This assumes you took part in the bonanza or have the engine via more legitimate means.

View attachment 1176008View attachment 1176009View attachment 1176010View attachment 1176012View attachment 1176013
How have you got the front downforce at 30?

@Basafillwt Front A (30-120) with no diffuser. The diffuser (70-220) adds 22 PP, not worth it IMO. When I see wild PP spikes due to aero, I usually look for a way to avoid it.

Last edited:
Lamborghini Murcielago LP-640 '09 700PP
Safe as can be, even with the aggresive version. Best lap was fairly low as the weather has started playing a new game where it shows on the radar and you swap to IM’s, then skirts the track, so time gets wasted. Then it shows up again and you think, ‘aha, you won’t fool me again’, only to actually get hit with the rain and caught off-guard trying to run the hot-lap with RH’s. All 3 of my tests have had this occur today…:banghead:

32DFA809-5A78-4D8F-87F0-0D44B0F8C2E0.jpeg

Could you consider doing a tune on the Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12? i think it has potential but people probably forget about it because well... its an rx8. not the prettiest thing but i still find it cool.

Hello Shaun!

Since my hollidays are over (:(), managed to get a bit of time to test out this "bad boy"...
  1. Settings used as stated on the tune - FM4
  2. Circuit: Watkins Glenn 800PP 10 laps
This is the "rebel" one to his big brother (the LT), which is more civilized and a bit of gentleman racer... :)

• Amazing overall power avaliability is huge, on FM4 or FM6 still has an output strong enough to get a hight top speed​
  • Tyre wear is good although the rear tyres suffer from a lot of pressure when driving at the car limit, maybe the RM are a good choice for this one, the extra grip does come in handy...​
  • Very good rotation on cornering, no weight transfer or body roll noticed at any time;​
  • No mid-cornering understeer​
  • A small oversteer is present if you drive to the edge, meaning, in relation to his big brother (LT) which is more refined this one has that rear end slip that gets you sharp, remembering that "I'm here and I'm dangerous!!"​
  • Superb gearbox, tuned to perfection, all gears are fast and quick, which allows to put down the powwer earlier...​
So, overall, love the car, felt like a real driver, making all those little input corrections to keep it safe!! :lol:

TY! 👍
Both the McLaren cars are amazing and extremely capable machines. I think i prefer the other one "Fina", however this car is a very close in terms of enjoyability and control.
So the new Hypercar races are the perfect place to try out your duo of Ferrari classic “Hypercars”; the F40 and F50.

Took the F40 to Le Mans. This thing is wild under braking. You must keep it pointed straight. It was so much fun tearing around on those SS tyres. Despite lap times of sun 4 minutes, and a sub 12 minute overall time, I just wasn’t able to catch Coque and his Vulcan.

Now for the F50. Took this one to Kyoto. What a special machine this is! None of the braking issues of the F40, and incredible stability on those long corners. Just a dream to drive. Probably the most fun car and track combination in GT7’s AI races. Was able to catch the Vulcan, and pass it, on lap 2. However, it followed me to the front and pushed me all the way the last 2 laps. Gaining so much ground on me on the straights, but it had nothing on the cornering speed of the F50.

Amazing tunes. I prefer the styling of the F40….. but this tune has made me a convert to the F50.

Looking forward to trying the F50 at Le Mans.

For what it’s worth I had a stock 918 with RH for Trial Mountain….. absolute snooze fest.
This car definitely makes those races very easy! I tried it myself and it was extremely fast.
Hello Shaun!

Got some free time and managed to do a review of the MCL on two tracks...

So, the first one:

• Brands Hatch 10 laps 700PP
This thing is just insane!
The mechanical grip this car has is just outstanding, factor which was the key to BHatch, being a technical course...

Main features:

• Superb mechanical grip as stated​
  • No oversteer or understeer at all, even on the exit acceleration of the hairpin...​
  • Outstanding rotation that allows faster cornering speed and early acceleration​
  • Amazing acceleration and power, i.e., the torque avaliable is imediate and allows to put the power down almost instantly​
  • Very good tyre wear and fuel even on FM1..​
On Brands Hatch it felt made for the track, the superior agility of the car allowed to gain greater advantage with only 1 pistop needed...

OK, now the second one...

• LeMans 30m 700PP
View attachment 1181216

OK, how to describe this one... Absolutely flawless!!
No mistakes, super clean race, dealt with heavy rain perfectly... Did half of the race (3 laps) on FM6 and had plenty of power to work with, the remain of the race (until lap 7) did a small test on FM1 to experience the car's full power and it was amazing... Of course an extra refuel stop was needed...

Honestly had my doubts about this car, but it was a very nice surprise indeed... The only "flaw" I could point is that it could have a bit more power...

TY! 👍
As gr.4 cars go, this is probably one of my favourites. Being british, I do like to use my own nations cars when possible. I agree that it down on power compares to other cars but I don't believe it makes a huge amount of time difference as it puts all the power it has down so well. Nothing wasted at all.
Many thanks for this build.! I wonder if you can do me a favour.
I did order thee. Pre-order build of GT7 but Amazon, Not giving the codes For free content, screwed me So I lost The free car When Sony Realized I shouldn't have had it after a refund from Amazon as you can see in the image below!
I'm building And equivalent UK Livery so I was I was wondering if you could show the rear please as I can't find any Google rear shots of any UK or other nationality 1st edition Perf 20?
I will try and get a snap shot of this for you.
This is one of my all-time favorite tunes of yours drives like its on rails. Very safe, you really have to push to get yourself in trouble with this one. The one thing I can’t figure is the fuel economy, I can get 2 laps at FM3 (for every lap except my final one, go figure), but can’t get 3 laps to save my life and I’ve tried everything I know to improve the economy. Still a wonderful car, as evidenced by the lap times.

Ran out of fuel here, otherwise I’m probably a sub-4:05.
View attachment 1181501View attachment 1181499View attachment 1181500
This car has always been good in any version of Gran Turismo. It is a a goto car for a lot of races and will win them with ease. It is odd that I could get this car this good but I am still struggling with the actual 4wd lambs. I can't seem to get a happy balance in them like I did here.
This was a great one. Good economy and a pretty simple up-tune. I’m sure I’ll be driving this one again!

Im not the biggest fan of these american cars but I do like how they drive when tuned right. This car feels nice on most tracks I've tested it on so its good to see someone else taking out for a spin.
This car was a champ at Sarthe and she faced the worst of conditions. With over 2 bars of water on the track on L4, she turned a lap time I’ve seen few, if any, other cars match. I absolutely should have had a sub-4:20 L7 and was on-pace for it until I collapsed coming up the backstretch AND managed to run out of fuel. This very well may be my new favorite FF in the game.

A nice surprise. didn't expect to see an FF car at low PP being used for this. Greats times by the way. You must have driven the wheels of this thing.
i tried this tune a couple of times in wtc lemans 700 and i came home with a lot of credits 😁 i just drive conservatively. short shifting a lot, adjusted the gearings to make it taller, and always feathering the throttle to minimize fuel consumption. 😉 all in all great tune, and the car looks lovely imho 😍

thanks shaun! 😇

View attachment 1182395
For me this car is awesome. In AT transmission which I use, this thing is a gas guzzler. Even on FM6 it needs more fuel than the death star. It does more than make up for it in terms of speed though and I always win the race regardless of the amount of pit stops required.
Safe as can be, even with the aggresive version. Best lap was fairly low as the weather has started playing a new game where it shows on the radar and you swap to IM’s, then skirts the track, so time gets wasted. Then it shows up again and you think, ‘aha, you won’t fool me again’, only to actually get hit with the rain and caught off-guard trying to run the hot-lap with RH’s. All 3 of my tests have had this occur today…:banghead:

The murcielago which took me a while to be happy with. I really do like this iteration and I always go aggressive too. Safe and houses this thing and fast to boot! A real drivers car that will make you smile all day long.
Could you consider doing a tune on the Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12? i think it has potential but people probably forget about it because well... its an rx8. not the prettiest thing but i still find it cool.
I have put a few parts on this car, 600PP SM tyres and about 365BHP. For the 15 mins I played around with the settings it does have potential. The wide body kit also looks pretty good so that improves the looks a little bit.

I do have a Porsche 918 ready, nothing else done at the moment but hopefully will have more ready in a few days time.

McLaren MP4-12C '10 700PP
I went bald testing this car I think. There was my first attempt a few days back that took a fair amount of trial and error, but got her dialed in pretty well and thought I’d give her another go. Her biggest drawback is the poor fuel economy, with an AT, the best she can manage is 2 laps. Which means, the weather has to cooperate and you only get 1 chance at a true Best Lap on L7. First race was a rain-out and only got 6 laps in, 2nd race I managed 7 laps, but the rain came so late I couldn’t get a best lap that was any good and the final race I got hit with 3 separate rain storms. As soon as one passed and the track was nearly dry, in came the next, it was surral. Anyhoo, the upside is I feel VERY comfortable in this car now and I managed to turn a 4:11 opening lap, so the potential is there to be a legitimate competitor. Best lap was a 4:18.625, you don’t want to know the overall time, lol.

Renault Clio V6 24V '00 550PP
Another successful up-tune for Sarthe. Excellent fuel economy, great grip and handling. A bit of oversteer when jumping on the throttle exiting corners, but nothing that can’t be fixed by having a gentle ‘right foot.’ Can turn at least 4 laps at FM5 with an AT, probably a 5-lapper with a MT, possibly even 6. Excellent little hot hatch, fun drive! I made a post-race adjustment to tighten up the gearbox a bit, it should be even quicker now.

B2489597-3CB9-402C-8EAE-5F495B5FA24F.jpeg
C4A5FA7F-29EF-497F-A4E9-4AA60B687870.jpeg

Shelby G.T.350 '65 600PP
OMG, I feel so bad for you and Praiano for having to set-up the initial tunes for this car (he also mentioned what a ****-box this car was stock). What a pain this thing was to get drivable at 700, I can’t imagine what it was like to get it drivable at all. I’m tempted to slap the stock settings on just to see how ***** it really was, lol. After perusing both of your set-ups, but committed to remaining as faithful to the tune as possible, I got her ‘figured out.’ For me, on slicks at low speed, she had the turning radius of a stretch limo, so I pulled the ride height way up and that corrected the problem. I wound up widening her as well, but I’m not sure what impact that had on anything.

After those shenanigans were over, it wasn’t really a bad drive. She’s much more responsive on RS than RM, but chews through them in 2 laps. I’ll see what she’s like on RH’s another time. Pretty good on fuel thankfully, else I probably would’ve just given up altogether. The brakes felt fine to me, you just can’t be late applying them. The same can be said for throttle application, only the opposite is true, if you’re early coming out of a corner, good luck. The car is all about timing and touch and if you forget that for just a moment, she will make you pay. There is simply no margin for error, but when you nail it, she actually feels quite nice.

250CCFB1-9488-4C6F-AC74-C5181F9CEBCE.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back