Exeter GT Tuning

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 936 comments
G'night all! :)

First of all my apologies for the double post, not my intention...

@shaunm80, as stated previously, the review on the Zonda boy...

• Tested at Sardegna 800 PP 15 laps
  • Changes from original tune (2nd run) - BB 2
So, a few days ago Shaun tagged me on a post that he had a special and very fast car to ran at Sardegna (well 2 cars, but only tested one so far! :lol:)... He wrote and I quote:

So one of them was the Pagani Zonda R'09, a car I confess had my doubts of it... But OMG what a surprise I had testing it!!
This car is absolutely insane, mental and all the other words I can't remember now to describe it... Let me give some points:

1. Divine top speed, acceleration, cornering ability/capability and rotation
  2. Insane grip on high and low speeds
  3. Corner exiting acceleration is nothing like I have seen, you can see the front of the car lift because of that huge torque avaliable almost immediately on gas...
  4. The FM + tyre wear is very good, just remember it is a track car, not a full race car, so some management is needed...
  5. The gearbox suits the car perfectly, i.e, the 1st and 2nd gears are a bit longer then usual, allowing that to put the power at your disposal very early with almost zero wheelspin/oversteer. However, a tiny bit of throttle control is needed for the slower corners...
  6. This beauty does 6 full laps at FM6 with an average 1:36 / 1:37 per lap, times that some race cars struggle to achieve on lean... And don't make write about the performance of this car in FM1, it's like the Enterprise, warp speeeeddd!!!! :P
  7. Fastest lap on full power (see image) - 1:33, only a second slower then the also insane Escudo!!
  8. The only issue I have found with this car are the brakes, a subject I discussed with @shaunm80 on previous posts and we believe it is due to the fact this car has almost 1000HP...
Now i'll stop writting because it is too long this post and people get tired of reading this much... So to anyone who made it this far please try this tune and car, it's something else for sure, but beware, a bit of adjustment on the driving style is needed to get the most of it!! 👍

TY and chat soon. :)
As a driver, I also appreciate the reviews from other drivers. Nice write up, thanks for sharing.

I find this tune to be the best for me from others that I've tried at gtplanet - no aggressive oversteer at speed and I've run my fastest laps on this tune too. I use a wheel and drive manual.

Your 1:36's on FM6 are impressive, I don't think I've come close to this before, a new target to aim for.

This has been a fun car to take on other 800PP races as well, thanks @shaunm80 for a brilliant tune!

The Mclaren P1 tune is amazing, safe and so pleasant to drive anywhere.

My favorite is the Zonda. It's just so fast :lol:
So powerful with that High Turbo that even at FM 6 it's still faster than any Gr.3 car. Easy win on Sardegna and Spa. Just need to be a bit careful during the rain, but otherwise the tune is very safe and so good to drive.

I'm actually surprised by how fuel efficient this car is using FM6. I can push to 9-10 laps at Spa when there's no rain.
I know it's not a "full racing car", but that's ok, because you only need a good livery! (thanks sagaris! I'm definitely not burrowing some details of this 👀)

ZkbtDa8.jpg

McLaren P1 GTR '16 800PP

Racing Hard Tyres
Hi all! :)

@shaunm80, bellow the review of the P1...

• Tested at Sardegna 800PP 15 laps
  • Changes from original tune: NONE
Gran Turismo™ 7_20221218165805.jpg
So, finally, was able to try out the P1 (better late then ever! :lol:) and I have to say, this bad boy had some nice surprises for me...
But first, have to say to who wants to give ir a try at this one and the Zonda, they are very different cars, be aware of it...

Some main aspects:

1. Before aything else, this car has braking power to spare, wish I could take some of it and put it on the Zonda!!! :lol:
  2. Super grippy car, very civilized, great cornering capability and mindblowing acceleration​
  3. All the super especial "tech" it has (DRS + Hybrid) all those do give in fact a nice contribute to the overall top speed, especially the DRS, imo, it works very nicely on this one in particular​
  4. Almost zero oversteer noticed on this tune, even on low gears, which by the way the gearbox settings on this one are very well achieved, there is no power loss between gears and all are perfectly matched.​
  5. Tyre wear is superb, fuel is also very good, but only expect to do a max of 5/6 laps with some management, those high tech gadgets are very thirsty... :P
The only issue I have found was related with some undesteer in some specific situations, let me explain:
  • Avoid trail braking on this car, if you try to sart cornering while still braking some understeer will occour and the car will try to go foward while the tyres are squealing... Do all the braking in straight line, coast during the corner and full throttle when the car is straight (heck, isn't this the right way to do a corner!!??).
Overall, this car was amazing to drive and the tune is flawless in making it a super fast track car. Oh, and the noise it makes ) :drool: ...

One last fun fact is that when the battery runs out you won't noticed that much, mainly because of you can still use DRS and it helps a bit...

So, TY @shaunm80, once again you nailed it! 👍

Off to try that crazy Sardegna tune specific Escudo... ;)

TY and chat soon!

Last edited:
Hi Shaun, I was wondering on which race do you use the 650pp settings because apart from the races reserved for Porsches, I can't find? 🤔

Last edited:
Hi Shaun, I was wondering on which race do you use the 650pp settings because apart from the races reserved for Porsches, I can't find? 🤔
I use them on the no pp restrictions races and also the 700pp ones where I like a challenging time. Lots of the 650pp tunes will win the 700pp races fairly easily, always end up fighting for 1st place.

Hi all! :)

@shaunm80, bellow the review of the P1...

• Tested at Sardegna 800PP 15 laps
So, finally, was able to try out the P1 (better late then ever! :lol:) and I have to say, this bad boy had some nice surprises for me...
But first, have to say to who wants to give ir a try at this one and the Zonda, they are very different cars, be aware of it...

Some main aspects:

1. Before aything else, this car has braking power to spare, wish I could take some of it and put it on the Zonda!!! :lol:
  2. Super grippy car, very civilized, great cornering capability and mindblowing acceleration​
  3. All the super especial "tech" it has (DRS + Hybrid) all those do give in fact a nice contribute to the overall top speed, especially the DRS, imo, it works very nicely on this one in particular​
  4. Almost zero oversteer noticed on this tune, even on low gears, which by the way the gearbox settings on this one are very well achieved, there is no power loss between gears and all are perfectly matched.​
  5. Tyre wear is superb, fuel is also very good, but only expect to do a max of 5/6 laps with some management, those high tech gadgets are very thirsty... :P
The only issue I have found was related with some undesteer in some specific situations, let me explain:
  • Avoid trail braking on this car, if you try to sart cornering while still braking some understeer will occour and the car will try to go foward while the tyres are squealing... Do all the braking in straight line, coast during the corner and full throttle when the car is straight (heck, isn't this the right way to do a corner!!??).
Overall, this car was amazing to drive and the tune is flawless in making it a super fast track car. Oh, and the noise it makes ) :drool: ...

One last fun fact is that when the battery runs out you won't noticed that much, mainly because of you can still use DRS and it helps a bit...

So, TY @shaunm80, once again you nailed it! 👍

Off to try that crazy Sardegna tune specific Escudo... ;)

TY and chat soon!
Thanks for the thorough breakdown. You’re right about trail braking, it does unsettle the car. Maybe it was just me thinking the electric motor was more powerful than it appears then. The car for me lacked a little corner exit boost but it definitely had top speed still with the Drs.

I am glad I have been able to give you some fun cars. Can’t wait to see the review of the Suzuki beast.

As a driver, I also appreciate the reviews from other drivers. Nice write up, thanks for sharing.

I find this tune to be the best for me from others that I've tried at gtplanet - no aggressive oversteer at speed and I've run my fastest laps on this tune too. I use a wheel and drive manual.

Your 1:36's on FM6 are impressive, I don't think I've come close to this before, a new target to aim for.

This has been a fun car to take on other 800PP races as well, thanks @shaunm80 for a brilliant tune!
No worries. It is nice that cars like this can finally be driver to their full potential in a safe way.
The Mclaren P1 tune is amazing, safe and so pleasant to drive anywhere.

My favorite is the Zonda. It's just so fast :lol:
So powerful with that High Turbo that even at FM 6 it's still faster than any Gr.3 car. Easy win on Sardegna and Spa. Just need to be a bit careful during the rain, but otherwise the tune is very safe and so good to drive.

I'm actually surprised by how fuel efficient this car is using FM6. I can push to 9-10 laps at Spa when there's no rain.
I know it's not a "full racing car", but that's ok, because you only need a good livery! (thanks sagaris! I'm definitely not burrowing some details of this 👀)

ZkbtDa8.jpg
Very nice choice of livery. The 8 time world champ Sir Lewis would approve of that one. I would be scared braking in the rain with this car. It is mighty fast and the brakes would be working over time to get that thing slowed down. Impressive skills.
Expensive test, lol!

This was an expensive test for a road car masquerading as a track day car. Awesome time set. Thank you for dropping all those credits to test this one. It is safe to say that you won this race with style.

I have a couple more tunes on the PS5, working on some of the new cars that just got released at the moment. Will get some new tunes posted soon. If I can, I shall do it before christmas but well see how much time I have to spare. Busy time of year at work unfortunately.

@shaunm80,

Doing a few test sessions on the Escudo right now, and let me tell you... This car is mental!

Fastest lap so far (Custom race) of 1:31 with some minor mistakes, almost certain of achieve 1:30 easily...

However, this car has a learning curve, i.e., the normal driving techniques won't work, a lift and coast in some of the faster corners is needed due to the massive power and lag... But super fun!!! :crazy:

Gran Turismo™ 7_20221223155859.jpg

Thank you so much @shaunm80 ! You are giving some amazing tribute to the community with all your help and, frankly put, outstanding tunes! 👏

If it's not too much, can I ask for some help tuning a 94 McLaren F1 outside 700pp? Is it a car usable for the 800 events? How would your tune change for racing hards?

Or, also, can it be dropped to 600 for those other events?

I am literally crazy about this car, having grown up with NFS 2, I still recall the showcase slides and the video! 😀

So I will appreciate immensely if I can use it in as many events as possible.

Thank you so much @shaunm80 ! You are giving some amazing tribute to the community with all your help and, frankly put, outstanding tunes! 👏

If it's not too much, can I ask for some help tuning a 94 McLaren F1 outside 700pp? Is it a car usable for the 800 events? How would your tune change for racing hards?

Or, also, can it be dropped to 600 for those other events?

I am literally crazy about this car, having grown up with NFS 2, I still recall the showcase slides and the video! 😀

So I will appreciate immensely if I can use it in as many events as possible.
I will have a look at this at some point. I am sure it will work at around 800PP but I haven't taken it to this level yet as it might need non-removable parts installing. It is quite an expensive car to buy again so I am holding off changing it too much. I'll see what it can do without the permanent parts though for sure.

Alfa Romeo Guilia GTAm '20 700PP

Sports Soft Tyres
Front Type A
Wing Type B

A responsive and massively fast 700PP car. Lots of speed so watch some of the braking zones. Enjoy!

Alfa Romeo Guilia GTAm '20 700PP-1.jpg

Alfa Romeo Guilia GTAm '20 700PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 350
set gear ratios as per image
Set FG as per image

Alfa Romeo Guilia GTAm '20 700PP-3.jpg

Alfa Romeo Guilia GTAm '20 700PP-4.jpg

The test race results

Alfa Romeo WInShot.jpg

Last edited:
Gran Turismo Red Bull X2019 25th Anniversary 800PP

Racing Hard tyres

A easy to drive, safe and (sort of) fast 800PP car. Not tested yet on Sardegna but I am sure someone will take it there though. The gear box is nice but it isn't designed to go hypersonic speeds. Just fast enough to win most races. I must say I am pleased with this transmission, it took some time to get right.

Gran Turismo RB X2019 25th Anniv 800PP-1.jpg

Gran Turismo RB X2019 25th Anniv 800PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 300
Set gear ratios as per image
Set FG as per image

Gran Turismo RB X2019 25th Anniv 800PP-3.jpg

Gran Turismo RB X2019 25th Anniv 800PP-4.jpg

Gran Turismo Red Bull X2019 25th Anniversary 972PP
Racing Medium Tyres

Still an easy to drive car, might need to employ a little more throttle control than the slower version but it is safe and you can drive this car to close its limits very easily. The rear end can get light on harsh accelerations out of tight corners but it is a maxed out car. You'll soon adjust. A different experience to the 800PP version.

Once again, the transmission on this one was very tricky to get right but it zips through the gears and has very minimal lag.

Gran Turismo RB X2019 25th Anniv 972PP-1.jpg

Gran Turismo RB X2019 25th Anniv 972PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 350
Set FG as per image

Gran Turismo RB X2019 25th Anniv 972PP-3.jpg

Gran Turismo RB X2019 25th Anniv 972PP-4.jpg

Porsche 917 Living Legend 830PP

Racing Hard Tyres
Afternoon all and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :)

So, starting the year with a double post and a review, can't think of a better way... :P

Before the main topic (Escudo), small review of a car that most of us got at the beginning of the game, but my guess not a very used one...

Gran Turismo™ 7_20221230223302.jpg

• Tested on Sardegna 800PP 15 laps​
  • Changes from original tune: BRAKE BALANCE
Knowing the heritage and the original car this one pays tribute to, my natural curiosity was to test it, and have to say, a nice surprise it was... A few main points:
  1. Excellent top speed, handling, cornering capability, and loads and loads of power
  2. On FM6 still has lots of torque and acceleration, almost forgot were running on lean...
  3. No understeer detected, cornering is super easy...
  4. Regarding oversteer, there is a tiny bit present due to the fact it has a lot of power, it can be considered as natural, just needs to be driven the right way on the slower corners...
Overall, another excellent tune that survived to the several updates and "bad tweaks" that PD did to handling behaviour...
TY Shaun!
Suzuki V6 Escudo Pikes Peak Special '98 800PP

Racing Hard Tyres
OK, now the main attraction... Eh!Eh!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20221224143817.jpg
The best way to describe this one? MENTAL!!!
To master this one a new driving style is needed, this thing has so much power, so much torque, speed and so muuuuch lag it almost feels like an airplane!

Main features:
  1. Mental top speed on FM1 or FM6
  2. Cornering experience is like nothing you can imagine...
  3. The torque is almost unreal, if in a game you can have this experience, imagine the real thing!!!!
  4. Tyre wear and fuel are "normal" in relation to all this madness!
  5. Fastest lap of 1:30 can be lower (1:29 for sure, 1:28 with some luck) is in a different category
Some key points/advice to anyone who wants to try this:
  • Adaptation is much needed, coasting and throttle management is key to get the most of all this power
  • Don't accelerate like a maniac on corner exiting that is the best way to meet Barry R...
  • On the finish line straight, at the pit exit (hill), don´t go full throttle of you will literally fly!
  • Adjust your braking points a bit sooner, the brakes are very good but they have limits!!!
Try to apply a bit of all this and you'll feel like playing Wipeout!! :lol:

TY @shaunm80 for this amazing tune and a great 2023 to everyone!!

Chat soon! 👍

Last edited:
Afternoon all and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :)

So, starting the year with a double post and a review, can't think of a better way... :P

Before the main topic (Escudo), small review of a car that most of us got at the beginning of the game, but my guess not a very used one...

• Changes from original tune: BRAKE BALANCE
Knowing the heritage and the original car this one pays tribute to, my natural curiosity was to test it, and have to say, a nice surprise it was... A few main points:
  1. Excellent top speed, handling, cornering capability, and loads and loads of power
  2. On FM6 still has lots of torque and acceleration, almost forgot were running on lean...
  3. No understeer detected, cornering is super easy...
  4. Regarding oversteer, there is a tiny bit present due to the fact it has a lot of power, it can be considered as natural, just needs to be driven the right way on the slower corners...
Overall, another excellent tune that survived to the several updates and "bad tweaks" that PD did to handling behaviour...
TY Shaun!

OK, now the main attraction... Eh!Eh!

The best way to describe this one? MENTAL!!!
To master this one a new driving style is needed, this thing has so much power, so much torque, speed and so muuuuch lag it almost feels like an airplane!

Main features:
  1. Mental top speed on FM1 or FM6
  2. Cornering experience is like nothing you can imagine...
  3. The torque is almost unreal, if in a game you can have this experience, imagine the real thing!!!!
  4. Tyre wear and fuel are "normal" in relation to all this madness!
  5. Fastest lap of 1:30 can be lower (1:29 for sure, 1:28 with some luck) is in a different category
Some key points/advice to anyone who wants to try this:
  • Adaptation is much needed, coasting and throttle management is key to get the most of all this power
  • Don't accelerate like a maniac on corner exiting that is the best way to meet Barry R...
  • On the finish line straight, at the pit exit (hill), don´t go full throttle of you will literally fly!
  • Adjust your braking points a bit sooner, the brakes are very good but they have limits!!!
Try to apply a bit of all this and you'll feel like playing Wipeout!! :lol:

TY @shaunm80 for this amazing tune and a great 2023 to everyone!!

Chat soon! 👍
Thank you for the very thorough review. It is good to know that the Porsche is still going strong. You are right, it is a car that doesn't seem to get the use it deserves.

Your write up for the Escudo was interesting. I too realised I needed to drive this car differently when I accidentally took it to the race instead of a time trial race. It is a very surprising car in a lot of good ways. You definitely need to give it different steering inputs and braking points to get the best of this car. This amount of torque is the reason the tyres don't last very long but to be honest, the fuel goes just as fast so it kind of fits that you'll stop for both at the same time.

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 750PP (Engine Swap Tune)

Engine: Mazda 787B
Sports Soft Tyres
Wide Body Car
Size up wheels (Wide)
Front Aero Type B
Side Type A
Rear Aero Type B
Custom Set Wing (Adjust as you please)
(Veilside Kit from showcase search under RX7)

A really nice looking F&F replica that has the engine swap and handles just as well as the other version. The only thing is you can't get it to 700PP and it be as performant as this.. So you have a few less races for this to go into.

View attachment 1172433
View attachment 1172434

Transmission
Set TS to 300
Set FG as per image

View attachment 1172435
View attachment 1172436
Fl8ck_XXgAI4W5C.jpeg
I have used this Tune with RH Tyres at Le Mans and it's the best Car there, 4 Laps with FM1 and very fast, thank you for this Setiing Shaun .

View attachment 1221429
I have used this Tune with RH Tyres at Le Mans and it's the best Car there, 4 Laps with FM1 and very fast, thank you for this Setiing Shaun .
That is very fast indeed. Pretty awesome for fuel consumption too. Did you not install some of the Aero parts to get this car down to 700PP? The one thing I have found with engine swap tunes is that when you use power limiter it doesn't have as much affect on the PP rating compared to non-engine swapped cars. Hope your doing well by the way. Nice to see you still trying my tunes out.

BMW M3 '03 600PP

Sports soft tyres
Widebody Kit
1" larger wheels (Wide Rims)
Type A Rear Ring

A really smooth, consistent and easy to drive M3. perfect 50/50 balance with excellent brakes. Enjoy.

Yes... This is my own artwork. I like this particular shade of blue. Be kind..

View attachment 1132746
View attachment 1132747

Transmission Settings
Set TS to 300
Set rations as below
Final gear can be adjusted.

View attachment 1132748
View attachment 1132749
Cannot get my car to marry up with this at all. Got all same parts bought and fitted, my power etc is the same but I'm 590m95 PP instead

Cannot get my car to marry up with this at all. Got all same parts bought and fitted, my power etc is the same but I'm 590m95 PP instead
I suppose the pp changes from updates would allow for that change. If would just alter the output limiter if you have them applied to get more power seen as you have the capacity to do so.

I suppose the pp changes from updates would allow for that change. If would just alter the output limiter if you have them applied to get more power seen as you have the capacity to do so.
Thanks mate. Car is so much fun to drive!

Gran Turismo Red Bull X2019 25th Anniversary 800PP

Racing Hard tyres
Hi everybody!!! ;)

@shaunm80, just small review/comment on the RB...

• Tested on Sardegna 800PP 15 laps

(INSERT PICTURE HERE)

Sorry guys, totally forgot about it... :(

This will a very short of review/comment as stated, because if you read Shaun's post on this tune it says it all:
  1. Super stable car
  2. The handling and grip is what we all know from all the RB cars...
  3. The tyre wear and fuel comsuption is very good
  4. The transmission is indeed the key on this car/tune, the shifts are super smooth and perfectly balanced.
  5. The top speed is OK (as stated by Shaun), is more than enough to win the race easily...
So, overall the PP restrictions are noticeable and very present during the race, but the downforce it produces makes it like no other while cornering... Just a small advice, prepare you ears for 15 laps of buzzing like a bee on steroids!! :lol:

TY @shaunm80 and chat soon! 👍

PS: By any chance is it on our future tuning plans the Mazda TC / Jaguar XJ13? Perhaps at 700PP for Le Mans? :D

Last edited:
Ferrari F40 '92 700PP

Sports Soft Tyres

A glorious Ferrari. Awesome drive and this is definitely the right PP range for it. I went and added another power part after settling on this tune and slightly ruined it and now I can't remove the part so I have to spend more time on mine but this tune is definitely the best version I have found. Enjoy folks.

View attachment 1134074
View attachment 1134075

Transmission settings
Set TS to 350
Set gear ratios as per image below
Set final gear as per track
Can be adjusted

View attachment 1134076
View attachment 1134077
Just want to thank you for this and all your tunes. I have been using several while being logged off for years, but thankfully remembered my credentials in order to post this.

This tune is absolutely spectacular and makes this car a joy to drive.

Back