External screen/device for viewing tire wear status, fuel consumption, etc

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 7 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
So I'm doing laps at the Nurburgring 24hr layout in cockpit view with no HUD and wishing that I could run league or Sport mode races this way. Unfortunately because I can't see my tire wear indicators or fuel consumption, it won't exactly work. Then I got to thinking, what if there was a way to display these items along with lap count, lap timers, etc on another screen? Be it a computer monitor, TV screen or even a tablet?

Surely I am not alone in this?

Protocol used by other racing Sims like Assetto Corsa and Project Cars that 'streams' game data over a network to compatible Apps like SimDashboard etc.

• UDP Frequency
This controls the frequency that data is sent to external applications you are interacting with. A higher setting sends data quicker but creates more network traffic.

• UDP Protocol Version
The UDP Protocol Version allows you to toggle compatibility for external applications, depending on whether they were designed for Project CARS, or Project CARS 2.
Write up from PC site

Link to app on Play store

Last edited:
Protocol used by other racing Sims like Assetto Corsa and Project Cars that 'streams' game data over a network to compatible Apps like SimDashboard etc.
Ok, this was my thought at first. Or some type of Bluetooth enabled app on a tablet.

The fuel gauges work in cockpit in some of the racecars that I’ve checked. There’s lap counters also working in there in some... I’ve run a little bit no hud, haven’t tried all that many cars in a race with fuel consumption, tho, doubt its cross the board...Theoretically, no hud in cockpit you oughta be able to notice tire wear by feel...I ran Autopolis gr2 c race no hud by accident once and lap 1 is made more difficult with no radar.
Sport mode is fun no hud, I wish they’d let us customize it tho.

Last edited:
Back