Extreme F1 World Championship Season1 Sign up Now!!/Win big prizes!!

I am so glad you're back, at this stage you can't overtake me or my teammate in the championship but you can surely make it hard for the others to do so!

And another podium for me in a practice race, Madrid this time O:-)
Arty, you can be team leader for Madrid if you out qualify me, I've always been below par there. The street tracks in this game have never suited me.

I see my TV has a response time of 5 m/s. I dont have any noticeable lag so I must have the right settings on it, and anyways I cant figure out what the native resolution is and all that garbage so I'm not going to bother trying to mess with that.

You know I think some of the GT academy winners were using cheap TVs and not computer monitors, if I remember watching Ordonez's video he was sitting on a couch in front of an old TV.

Last edited:
Arty, you can be team leader for Madrid if you out qualify me, I've always been below par there. The street tracks in this game have never suited me.

You know I think some of the GT academy winners were using cheap TVs and not computer monitors, if I remember watching Ordonez's video he was sitting on a couch in front of an old TV.

I Used my old phillips TV for GT5. Then I bought a new monitor with 2ms I could definitely feel the difference. And I shaved 2sec of my old nurburgring record.
But Ive heard that phillips were one of the worst tv's for gaming though

I dont know, I cant notice any lag with my TV or atleast I cant perceive it but I can definitely see how if your wheel isn't directly connected with the car's "wheels" on the TV there can be a major problem, lol.

Ran into the altruist cult for the 1st time today in GTA V. Too bad I think I missed all the opportunities to deliver hitchhikers there.

I dont know, I cant notice any lag with my TV or atleast I cant perceive it but I can definitely see how if your wheel isn't directly connected with the car's "wheels" on the TV there can be a major problem, lol.

Ran into the altruist cult for the 1st time today in GTA V. Too bad I think I missed all the opportunities to deliver hitchhikers there.

You need to try after you have drive on TV then you feel the differents

LOL, this happened about 10 miles from my house, crazy stuff. Reminds me of "Dom" in GTA V.We call Superior Wisconsin "soup town" and Inferior Wisconsin haha.

Your not alone on your feeling he did exact same to me on the 5 lap quick race after practice on last corner on last lap to take 4th off me I gave him the benifits of doubt thinking it's his first race but after reading your post I'm of the same opinion congrates on your best race thou

Thanks man. I guess city courses really suit me because my other 3 best races were at Madrid twice and Monaco. Haven't done to well on Tokyo yet, though this season I did a hell of a lot better than I expected given my lack of practice that week.

So hopefully I do well this week at Madrid. It's one of my best tracks.

Not sure if I'll race on next sunday though. My PS4 should be here on friday. Gonna be hard to pull away from that within the first few days of having it. Though the F2007 at Daytona does seem really interesting. I also got the Assetto Corsa beta. I hope AC comes to PS4 as well so we can all enjoy the most realistic sim ever made.

Last edited:
Taking a look at PS4 I see the $399 price tag is pretty reasonable, the only problem being there's only 1 racing game and its a non-sim from what I understand and so the force feedback would probably be much like codemasters F1 or perhaps worse... There's also the more than slight problem that GT6 is on PS3 and most here who race race there and not on the 1 PS4 game that's out...

Everyone who races tomorrow should remember to be patient on lap 1 because the first two hard braking points on the lap create a nasty accordion affect that could cause someone to get crashed very hard or a pileup.... So remember to take it easy while everyone's together on lap 1.

Last edited:
Eight World Championship Race Madrid 70 Laps
20:30 UTC - Free Practice (optional)
21:30 UTC - Qualifying (if you miss the end of qualifying you can start from the back)
22:00 UTC - Actual Race

Glad that's over....

Angry about the restart, I was so quick at the start but then if it was me with a problem I'd want a restart too so I guess its ok.

Sorry for blazing past arty and speed but I wanted to get by on my fresh tires. I think Madrid is too much like a Nascar short track and less like an F1. Its too bad we dont have Valancia. Well with GT6 we'll have more long tracks that have wider roads.

Taking a look at PS4 I see the $399 price tag is pretty reasonable, the only problem being there's only 1 racing game and its a non-sim from what I understand and so the force feedback would probably be much like codemasters F1 or perhaps worse... There's also the more than slight problem that GT6 is on PS3 and most here who race race there and not on the 1 PS4 game that's out...

Everyone who races tomorrow should remember to be patient on lap 1 because the first two hard braking points on the lap create a nasty accordion affect that could cause someone to get crashed very hard or a pileup.... So remember to take it easy while everyone's together on lap 1.

Racing games isn't the only thing I play.

Driveclub actually looks realistic enough to play. I can't play NFS or burnout. those are just completely boring but racing games with at least a touch of realism like TDU and Forza Horizon can be fun.

Madrid saw my best ever qualifying session, p3 ahead of my teammate Alonso (mustard), Alain Prost (aug) and Webber (jb) and just off the pace of Vettel (Immortal) and Kimi (CB).

It was to be expected though, I finished p3 in Cape Ring, p3 in the Thursday practice race, and in the Sunday practice race I was P1 until Vettel, who started at the back and raced past 9 other drivers, brushed me and the rest of the field aside. That race saw Prost trying his dirty deeds that thoroughly annoyed me.

In the aborted race, I zoomed past Kimi on the back straight and into 2nd place and kept up with Vettel despite being bumped into by Prost... no surprise there though. I was surprised that the race was aborted because I saw that the car that didn't start properly did recover and a simple safety car procedure would have been more appropriate.

In the restart, I had a brilliant get away and was on the inside of both Vettel and Kimi but to avoid touching I backed off (alot of people like Prost should learn that if someone is in front by at least half a car length it is their corner, especially if you can't make the corner without hitting walls). Backing off allowed Webber to move into P3 with a very precise and clever move into the hairpin - and because I had backed off into that corner I didn't realize my brake balance reset itself because of the restart. Heading up the back straight and into the slow double left hander I locked up and crashed and caused a pile up - those caught up in it, like Scott Speed (Hugo), I'm sorry about that.

The race was full of incident thereafter and it was a huge disappointment to me, as I definitely had the pace for a podium, especially after I finished there at the Cape Ring grand prix and have slowly been improving.

6 minute Daytona Test Session - Fuel Depletion and Tyrewear On

I did a mini test at the next track just to get the brakes callibrated, and I managed a 1.22.711 after 3 laps. I fully expect Vettel to enter the 1.19s so there is alot of room for improvement.

Madrid saw my best ever qualifying session, p3 ahead of my teammate Alonso (mustard), Alain Prost (aug) and Webber (jb) and just off the pace of Vettel (Immortal) and Kimi (CB).

It was to be expected though, I finished p3 in Cape Ring, p3 in the Thursday practice race, and in the Sunday practice race I was P1 until Vettel, who started at the back and raced past 9 other drivers, brushed me and the rest of the field aside. That race saw Prost trying his dirty deeds that thoroughly annoyed me.

In the aborted race, I zoomed past Kimi on the back straight and into 2nd place and kept up with Vettel despite being bumped into by Prost... no surprise there though. I was surprised that the race was aborted because I saw that the car that didn't start properly did recover and a simple safety car procedure would have been more appropriate.

In the restart, I had a brilliant get away and was on the inside of both Vettel and Kimi but to avoid touching I backed off (alot of people like Prost should learn that if someone is in front by at least half a car length it is their corner, especially if you can't make the corner without hitting walls). Backing off allowed Webber to move into P3 with a very precise and clever move into the hairpin - and because I had backed off into that corner I didn't realize my brake balance reset itself because of the restart. Heading up the back straight and into the slow double left hander I locked up and crashed and caused a pile up - those caught up in it, like Scott Speed (Hugo), I'm sorry about that.

The race was full of incident thereafter and it was a huge disappointment to me, as I definitely had the pace for a podium, especially after I finished there at the Cape Ring grand prix and have slowly been improving.

I did a mini test at the next track just to get the brakes callibrated, and I managed a 1.22.711 after 3 laps. I fully expect Vettel to enter the 1.19s so there is alot of room for improvement.

I'm sorry to hear about the controversy between you and aug. From what I know in the last few seasons he has always been a clean and respectful rider . But it is long time ago he has been in a F1 car

Keep fighting arty, I would have never passed you if speedclub wasn't there and you would have beaten me probably. I just get irritated by people who sit on old tires and hold people up, I know its a tactic but I hate it as it doesn't seem fair.

Anyways, I suck on full fuel at the starts, always have. Then as my car lightens up I pull away from people. I wonder if my internet or just me maybe causes that.... I havent ever been able to push in the first 3 laps of a long F1 online race.

Cheers arty, you were faster than me at that track, you just didn't endure full distance. You have to keep pushing until the bitter end.

Daytona Qualifying Simulation - 20 minutes fuel depletion and tyrewear on

I improved from my Monday night 3 lap run time of 1.22.711 to 1.21.858 in last night's qualifying simulation. The car has such incredible grip on corners and my fastest sector times would put me at 1.21.0.

Daytona has the potential to be the first time Vettel does not qualify on pole, though I fully expect easy 1.19s from him, so get your practice in folks, it could be fireworks!

Daytona Qualifying Simulation - 20 minutes fuel depletion and tyrewear on

I improved from my Monday night 3 lap run time of 1.22.711 to 1.21.858 in last night's qualifying simulation. The car has such incredible grip on corners and my fastest sector times would put me at 1.21.0.

Daytona has the potential to be the first time Vettel does not qualify on pole, though I fully expect easy 1.19s from him, so get your practice in folks, it could be fireworks!

If you're in for some practice I open a room at (19-20 gmt +1) which is 2-3 hours from now

A KTM X-Bow RR championship on GT6 would be interesting, I dont imagine lap times would be any different from GP2 cars with full tuning on them.

I have test this car already on the gamescom its not good mate not like a formula car not nice to drive this car
That's how Jim Clark, Phil Hill did it back in the day! And anyways, there's always the X-Bow R. Did you try that one? I bet its pretty quick.

That's how Jim Clark, Phil Hill did it back in the day! And anyways, there's always the X-Bow R. Did you try that one? I bet its pretty quick.

I have test the delta wing this car was very good

Guys I open lobby a bit later today we start practice race 30 mins later today
I would join you but every time I log in on psn it shows I have no friends list apparently everyone can see me but I can't see them (psn help line. Some times it happens just re add everyone ) it's same on gt5 I log in but says my community list is empty so can't even compete on time trials with friends now

I would join you but every time I log in on psn it shows I have no friends list apparently everyone can see me but I can't see them (psn help line. Some times it happens just re add everyone ) it's same on gt5 I log in but says my community list is empty so can't even compete on time trials with friends now

I had a similar problem earlier this year skyline. I think its either a slow connection, or PSN has some heavy traffic issues with the PS4 releasing tomorrow here in the U.S.

I had a similar problem earlier this year skyline. I think its either a slow connection, or PSN has some heavy traffic issues with the PS4 releasing tomorrow here in the U.S.
Great.....

US GP this week! Should be fun to watch (like Vettel wont lead every lap after leading every session of the week). Too bad Red bull developed that KERS traction control system.... I read that's how they get such good traction out of slow corners and on bumpy surfaces. Might explain the Yas Marina domination as well since those kerbs are so high.

Friday Practice Session at Daytona (Full Tyrewear, Fuel Depletion On)

I tried all three compounds for long run comparison on full fuel and a qualifying simulation with my teammate and my main rival in the championship.

I drove the old-specification Premium F2007 and managed a 1.20.322 (no slipstream) - just 0.8 seconds off Vettel's fastest lap set in Thursday's practice race.

Important Notice for Qualifying and Race:

The pit lane exit is the line to the left, in the inside of the barrier into turn one.

Back