Extreme STOCK F1 World Championship Season1 (postponed until further notice)

Yeah, well it depends on what we want from a series, do we want more modern performance or do we want 1985 performance? You want 1985, Immortal probably wants 2010, I'm halfway between the two. :lol:

I think racing hards w/tuning would give a pretty good compromise, we'd still be 5 secs up on the real thing but at least the car would not understeer horribly like it does on stock. Some of the slower racers here would be on par with the real life times.

The ability to tune a car is fundamental to Formula 1 drivers, on so many levels.

I have led a number of races and recorded fastest laps against some top drivers these last few days who destroy me in stock. Of course once they get their setup together...

Each setup is inevitably a compromise between speed and tyre management so it is very much an art form and for a driver like me, who likes the car to respond in a certain way, it allows us to push the car to the absolute limit and that is what F1 should be about.

In terms of tyres, softs can be fast and still last as long as hards if you protect them, and if we are to have tyre regulations it would be good if we have RS/RH or RM/SH so there is a clear difference in performance.

Any ideas? I like just soft tires without tire change, in GP2 the mediums are slower and wear faster it seems than softs.

Tuning and softs I think is the way to go even though psychology is tough when you dont know what someone else is running, without tuning the car doesn't launch at all, just smokes the tires through 4th gear. :lol:

Back