Extreme STOCK F1 World Championship Season1 (postponed until further notice)

It is meant to be EXTREME F1 so RTRacing will always want 100% power and soft tyres.

Having said that, if 62% is what the rest of the teams want, we will participate but be warned with major regulation changes, we - like Red Bull - may go from a championship winning team to DNF / Disqualified!!!

Immortal I'm wondering if you'll read this or not:

Did you send out our trophies from last season? The UPS guy (the big brown truck) tried to get up my road (a 20% hill) and got stuck in some snow that was left over. Instead of delivering whatever he had he just got on his cell phone and sat in his truck and waited for the tow truck.

Immortal I'm wondering if you'll read this or not:

Did you send out our trophies from last season? The UPS guy (the big brown truck) tried to get up my road (a 20% hill) and got stuck in some snow that was left over. Instead of delivering whatever he had he just got on his cell phone and sat in his truck and waited for the tow truck.

Yes I have send it last week but its with DHL not with UPS

to be honest , lower the power but Keep the racing soft tires is stupid to me , too much grip is too much!
high grip tires , makes the car just to something predictable , and , easy to drive.

Completely agreed. There's no need to use racing soft tires for racing. Racing hards give plenty of grip and feel far more realistic.

Since now that the Lotus 97t is out, and amazing to drive, will there be a series with that car? I'd like to race with you guys again.

I think Immortal must be busy with life or with GT academy. The senna cars can race against any other car so we could have both on track, they get about the same lap times but the FGT will do better at some tracks like Monaco where the Lotus doesn't have a very good turning radius, even though the Lotus has a higher PP.

Tuning is pretty much down as it is with all the other single seater cars in the game, no camber, max height, less rear more front downforce.... if you get that then we can have tuning and it wont be a huge injustice. Without tuning its doubtful you could make it through a 70 min race on less than 4 stops.

I think Immortal must be busy with life or with GT academy. The senna cars can race against any other car so we could have both on track, they get about the same lap times but the FGT will do better at some tracks like Monaco where the Lotus doesn't have a very good turning radius, even though the Lotus has a higher PP.

Tuning is pretty much down as it is with all the other single seater cars in the game, no camber, max height, less rear more front downforce.... if you get that then we can have tuning and it wont be a huge injustice. Without tuning its doubtful you could make it through a 70 min race on less than 4 stops.

I've already got a half decent tune on the lotus 97t and so far it's matched the fgt track for track apart from Monaco and Madrid like you say with the lack of turn radius effects it.
I'm guessing immortal is busy with gt academy too thou I don't think he qualifys as he already been to race camp

I've already got a half decent tune on the lotus 97t and so far it's matched the fgt track for track apart from Monaco and Madrid like you say with the lack of turn radius effects it.
I'm guessing immortal is busy with gt academy too thou I don't think he qualifys as he already been to race camp
He told me he wasn't allowed to go to race camp because he already has a FiA karting license.

Yeah those academy TTs are slavery once you get into them, that's why I try and shy away from it more than a couple days of running.

Anyways, yeah I think we could run the FGT with the Lotus, my impression is that the tuned up Lotus is a faster car on most tracks, I was almost getting under 5 mins at the Nordshleife in TT mode last night!! The FGT is unstable and struggles a bit at braking points, so the Lotus would likely dominate and the FGT would maybe win 1 or 2 races at tight tracks.

I have test the Senna Cars guys after the first test with the Senna F1 in stock i thought its terrible it was not nice to drive it but with full DF and some setup changes its very good its much better I like it more than the FGT the braking is better its very good in fast corners but bad in slow corners.

the lotus f1 is wonderfull on race hard tires or lower , and please just try 100% rain at nordschleife , put rain tires on and , honestly , enjoy the ride , just awesome!

I'd much rather do untuned with the Lotus 97t. It already has more downforce than it probably should as it is, and tuning it way up to max downforce would just kill the whole experience. As does using racing soft tires but luckily, soft tires burn out so fast that I think people who use hard tires like me and Aug will have a chance

I'd much rather do untuned with the Lotus 97t. It already has more downforce than it probably should as it is, and tuning it way up to max downforce would just kill the whole experience. As does using racing soft tires but luckily, soft tires burn out so fast that I think people who use hard tires like me and Aug will have a chance
Well I dont know, the HARD tires seem to last shorter than softs on the Formula GT. I haven't tried hards yet on the Lotus but I would definitely not be optimistic about longevity on PD's race tires. Sports tires with tuning I think would be the way to go to have 1-2 stop races. With sports tires you'd be lapping about 1-2 sec off of the race softs I think, and you'd get your realism combined with the longevity so were not having a pitstop fest with 3 mins per race in pitlane. Having tuning would also allow for some good strategy which we haven't had in a really really long time here.

Well I dont know, the HARD tires seem to last shorter than softs on the Formula GT. I haven't tried hards yet on the Lotus but I would definitely not be optimistic about longevity on PD's race tires. Sports tires with tuning I think would be the way to go to have 1-2 stop races. With sports tires you'd be lapping about 1-2 sec off of the race softs I think, and you'd get your realism combined with the longevity so were not having a pitstop fest with 3 mins per race in pitlane. Having tuning would also allow for some good strategy which we haven't had in a really really long time here.

I don't think Immortal would ever race on sports tires. Plus, the biggest problem with the 97t is if you max out the downforce, it has as much as the Red Bull standard. That's crazy unrealistic although the lap times are still way slower, even still. These beasts from the 80's were known for low downforce but this car has a lot.

I'd like maybe trying sports hard with untuned but I don't see it happening. I don't think that idea will be popular with the rest of our group

Hugo I tried the Lotus on sports tires last night when I was racing and I did not like them much, the sports softs had better wear but the rears went off substantially and I doubt they'd last more than 2-3 laps longer than racing tires do depending on the track.

As far as 80s F1 none of us know what the grip was, Rubens Barrichello has said that the Lotus 79 the first ever real good F1 car drove similar to his Ferrari F2004 when he tired it.

Senna's lap in 1987 was 1:40, I did 1:33 at Suzuka in 97T maxed out on tuning, race softs. Alot of that is coming on the straightaway Hugo, as I was hitting 208 mph, the real car probably had about 195 mph. So corning speeds are comparable. The real car probably was 2-3 mph slower in the S bends at Suzuka... Also factor in the video game aspect of having zero consequences. :lol: That's worth a couple seconds.

Another thing Hugo, are you corning and accelerating using the H pattern shifter & clutch, because I bet those paddle shifters or that fully auto gears are worth some serious time! I know I would be damn lucky to beat the Senna laps with H patter shifter.

Last edited:
Hugo I tried the Lotus on sports tires last night when I was racing and I did not like them much, the sports softs had better wear but the rears went off substantially and I doubt they'd last more than 2-3 laps longer than racing tires do depending on the track.

As far as 80s F1 none of us know what the grip was, Rubens Barrichello has said that the Lotus 79 the first ever real good F1 car drove similar to his Ferrari F2004 when he tired it.

Senna's lap in 1987 was 1:40, I did 1:33 at Suzuka in 97T maxed out on tuning, race softs. Alot of that is coming on the straightaway Hugo, as I was hitting 208 mph, the real car probably had about 195 mph. So corning speeds are comparable. The real car probably was 2-3 mph slower in the S bends at Suzuka... Also factor in the video game aspect of having zero consequences. :lol: That's worth a couple seconds.

Another thing Hugo, are you corning and accelerating using the H pattern shifter & clutch, because I bet those paddle shifters or that fully auto gears are worth some serious time! I know I would be damn lucky to beat the Senna laps with H patter shifter.

I've never believed in the whole "zero consequences makes you faster" because the amount of input you get from just the wheel is miniscule compared to the feedback you get while at the wheel of a car. Especially an open wheeled car. On one hand you can push harder in the game, but on the other, you're completely missing out on a ton of information that would help you go faster.

Also, I've seen several people point out that the 97t in GT6 shifts into gears much slower than what Senna's laps have shown. I haven't compared them for myself but I would definitely say it's possible. The shifts do seem slow.

Plus, in 1987 he was driving and entirely different car so the suzuka time is irrelevant.

If you want to compare laptimes, why not use the real lap times? Why not look at the Senna challenge since they used Senna's real times?

The fact that I was able to get gold (and beat the ACTUAL laptimes he laid down) in this car with the default tune should tell you that the either the racing softs are too much or the downforce is too much. I mean surely, I'm no where near Senna's speed.

So using a tune with full downforce and racing softs, is insanely unrealistic and the lap times that are possible on those tracks will prove it. GT6's physics aren't perfect either but the least we can do is recognize the problem and fix it.

Last edited:
Back