F1 2011: Abu Dhabi (REALISTIC)

5pm invites get sent out, everyone has 10 - 15 min to join. Once everyone is in we start. 15 min qualification & about 1 hour for the race.

A 100% race will take in excess of 1 hour. Call it 1 hour and a half if it's dry, plus 15 minutes of qualifying. 2 hours is the most it should take.

Don't forget to keep us posted on here.

I'm placing my bet on either GTRacerUK or Peter. ;)

Don't forget to keep us posted on here.

I'm placing my bet on either GTRacerUK or Peter. ;)

Good thing you didn't bet on me, if it were F10's on GT5 however, I'd have you all murdered.:sly:

Remember, if Peter wins, it's his first ever online win.:)

Can't make it, sorry for telling you at the 11th hour. 👎

Race results

1st Place: Silent7Sniper7
2nd Place: VINCE__

DSQ's:
- RivaLCF
- GTRacerUK

DESTROYED CARS:
- landet09
- GTP_akmuq

NO SHOWS:
- tombrooks97
- SQUADRON667
- panthers291
- LKWTrailer

& sadly pj-gm had a power cut.

Last edited:
Crazy race!

It seemed like no one wanted to win apart from PJ who appeared from my lowly position (at the time) to be comfortably on target to get his first online win. After he went it was a free for all for the win.

I'd got the majority of my bad luck (started from last, crashed into the very slow AI causing my wing to come off on lap 3 then got 3 drive throughs in a row for "illegal overtakes" with noone around apart from the AI who I never overtook as it was behind the SC... :/) over with after about 20-30 laps to go then somehow I was in contention for the win after some quick laps with a ever lightening car, option tyres and the engine turned up to max.

But despite it looking good for the win with about an 11 second lead with about 6-7 laps to go I didn't take my warning of the drive through that I'd got for corner cutting a few laps before and got another one lapping the AI which then became a DSQ when I did the same thing a few corners later.

Highlight for me was the great little battle with our race winner though. I dunno if it was intentional or his tyres were knackered and he just misjudged the corner but I almost done him round the outside of the first corner then suddenly I was forced off onto the tarmac runoff but lost little time.So when it came to the main straight I KERS/DRS'd him then he had a wild lunge down the inside so I braked early let his car slide up the inside and hit the apex and got out the corner cleanly whereas he'd compromised his corner exit and the position was taken.

Congrats to Silent7Sniper7 for keeping your head.. just!

I am new to this F1 driving and I'm certainly slow. But as it would turn out by driving clean and smart a man can achieve podium. Thanks for the race Silent and good race to all the rest.

It was an amazing race, I had a great start taking the lead until the long straight after the hairpin were pj-gm used KERS & took 1st, about 6-7 laps after RivaLCF popped up on my tail, I held him off for a while until my nerves got the better of me & I spun.

After that it was pj-gm in 1st, RivaLCF in 2nd & me 3rd. GTRacerUK started getting closer until I had to pit when he overtook. By this time the 2 guys destroyed their cars because of the AI, a few pit stops & spins later pj-gm was still in 1st, RivaLCF 2nd but me 3rd until RivaLCF had to do a 'drive through' penalty & pit stop which meant I got 2nd.

Then sadly pj-gm had a power cut, but I got 1st & like always my nerves got the better of me as GTRacerUK & RivaLCF started catching up. They'd both passed me, now with GTRacerUK in 1st, RivaLCF 2nd & me 3rd the inevitable happened, I SPUN. Thinking that 3rd was my highest position, suddenly RivaLCF was DSQ, I knew this was my chance, starting to slowly catch GTRacerUK, another miracle happened he was DSQ too. I was in 1st & heading for the win.

It was truly a great race & if RivaLCF & GTRacerUK weren't DSQ it would have been a close finish.

Congradulations to everyone who took part & with a bit more practice i'll defiantly do this again.

Yes, it was a shame for me. I set the fastest lap on the lap before my power cut, a 1:36.0 ,and was on track to going even faster, as I had just got myself a fresh set of options by running 6 laps longer on the primes, until my engineer was begging me to pit :lol:. A drive thrugh penalty for cutting a corner was the only other misfortune I received that race. I had over a 2 minute lead when my power went.

Perfect example of, it's never over until it's over. We've got to race again though, hopefully with a packed grid, so there's a lot more competition.

I have a bit of a dolt question. If I was using Mr.S's tune for this track and running 1:38's practicing. Then why in the crap was I running so slow during qualifications and race time? Do I need a better setup that fits me or what? I mean you guys were flying by me like I had the E-brake on. What gives I wonder?

I have a bit of a dolt question. If I was using Mr.S's tune for this track and running 1:38's practicing. Then why in the crap was I running so slow during qualifications and race time? Do I need a better setup that fits me or what? I mean you guys were flying by me like I had the E-brake on. What gives I wonder?

The cars performance changes when your online. I had to change my setup. It was great offline but went online & spinning every corner.

I will do another race again & hopefully more people & no AI.

The cars performance changes when your online. I had to change my setup. It was great offline but went online & spinning every corner.

"Equal" performance is using the Red Bull aero and performance for all cars, according to Steve Hood. So yeah, it could be that you have to adapt your setup.

Get the thread up right away, and have it this Sunday! I really need to redeem myself after a powercut ending my 2 minute lead. :grumpy:

Back