F1 2012 wheel settins

• Thread starter woo
  • 87 comments

woo

velvetrevolver1
i have a driving force pro and cant get a good set-up.it understeers''and feels loose.can anyone help please.

It understeers because its realistic, if you don't brake enough and get off the brakes before the turn, you are going straight. I use 1% deadzone and that's it

Does F1 2012 have a DFGT wheel setting programmed like F1 2011 does? I got an email from Gamestop today about pre-ordering F1 2012. I had forgotten all about these F1 games lol.

i can't too, understeer is insane, force feedback sucks, and the brake pedal doesn't brake but here maybe my dfgt.

T500RS F1
Steering Deadzone 0%
Steering Saturation 0%
Steering Linearity 30%
Throttle Deadzone 0%
Throttle Saturation 0%
Brake Deadzone 0%
Brake Saturation 0%

Feedback ON
Environmental Effects 100%
Feedback Strength 100%
Wheel Weight 100%​

Working fine for me - steering lock is set to 270° in Windows.

T500RS F1
Steering Deadzone 0%
Steering Saturation 0%
Steering Linearity 30%
Throttle Deadzone 0%
Throttle Saturation 0%
Brake Deadzone 0%
Brake Saturation 0%

Feedback ON
Feedback Strength 100%
Wheel Weight 100%​

Working fine for me - steering lock is set to 270° in Windows.

I try the 270 degree thing. I have no F1 wheel though, just the normal one.

all other thing i have the same apart from Steering Saturation. I have 80% on that, Whitout the 80% i can't steer.

using fanatec csr these were the reccomended settings for the demo by the devs works perfect for me on the wheel dpr-3 spring 0 (default) dri 0 ff 100 abs 80 sensitivity : 240

Advanced wheel settings
Steering deadzone – 1%
Steering Saturation – 5%
Steering Linearity – 4%
Throttle deadzone – 0%
Throttle saturation - 0%
Brake deadzone – 0%
Brake saturation – 0%

Force feedback options
Environmental effects – 20%
Feedback strength – 100%
Wheel weight – 10%

Here is what I am using with my G25:

Steering Deadzone 0%
Steering Saturation 0%
Steering Linearity 5%
Throttle Deadzone 0%
Throttle Saturation 0%
Brake Deadzone 0%
Brake Saturation 0%

Feedback ON
Feedback Strength 100%
Wheel Weight 100%

Feels great; though may adjust wheel weight for longer races :)

Fanatec CSR(regular) + CSR Elite Pedals

On-board wheel settings

SEN=270
FF=100
SHO=100
DRI=OFF
ABS=96
SPR=1
DPR=-3

Advanced wheel settings
Steering deadzone – 0%
Steering Saturation – 0%
Steering Linearity – 0%
Throttle deadzone – 0%
Throttle saturation - 0%
Brake deadzone – 0%
Brake saturation – 16%

Force feedback options
Environmental effects – 90%
Feedback strength – 70%
Wheel weight – 0%

Also short little tip of you experience this issue:

"On the PC Demo, when I watch a replay, both the rewind and fast forward buttons are highlighted red, regardlss if I press the accelerator or gas, or the F keys that are assigned to it. It appears that the game speed as a result is slightly faster, and I have no way to control it, or rewind.

I had a similiar issue when I first played outside of the replay, both the gas and the accelerator were being pushed down, regardless of what I did to the two pedals. But when I reassigned the throttle and brake in the settings, it fixed the issue in the race. I have a feeling the same thing is happening in rewind, but I do not have the option to reassign the keys to fix it.

I am using Fanatec GT2 with CSR Elite pedals."

Solution: Edit the action map file in the games folder.

\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2012\actionmap

Find the profile you wish to use, then edit. Once in the game, select edited profile, then if you wish to customize bindings go from there.

Source:

http://community.codemasters.com/t5...Demo-Replay-Issue-With-Pedals/m-p/54664#M9609

Why does everyone keep referring to the understeer tendency of the cars this year as a problem, get over it and drive around it or change your set up and stop complaining!

BanditKarter22
Why does everyone keep referring to the understeer tendency of the cars this year as a problem, get over it and drive around it or change your set up and stop complaining!

Because they sell it as a sim and to me, the steering is not good enough. Also a lot of people on these forums and CM themselves said that the demo is only a demo and not a representation if the real game. I haven't noticed anything different. Same still under steer. If I had known, I would not have bought the game, now I cannot get a refund for my $50 that is all. I am sure sme people are ok with it, I haven't issues with this. Just this isn't what I was expecting. I can't even get past the young drivers test and there is no option to let me skip. I hope you understand. It's more about the expectations for me. Also the rep lay bug is still there since f1 2010.

Back to iRacing.

You are steering too much, you can't steer like in F1 2011. You have to steer less to steer more, or something. Try it out, I had this same problem and in F1 2011 you could throw the wheel left and right but it doesn't work like that anymore. Try it out. And go slower.

I set the FFB setting

Environmental effects – 60%
Feedback strength – 10% (10% seems strong enough. This is the spring effect that straighten the wheel out)
Wheel weight – 80% (This seems to be the tire slip effect)

Everything else I set to zero.

I have no idea why they removed the advanced wheel setting descriptions.

Can anyone remind me what the brake deadzone and brake saturation settings do? I feel I've sorted out the steering issues but just having a bit of difficulty with the brakes now.

I will post my setup for my Driving Force Pro once I've ironed out this issue.

Deadzone is how far you can press the brakes before they activate. 5% means you have 5% play in the brake pedal. Saturation is how quick they depress when u press the pedal. If you have quick feet you shouldn't need it. Try left foot braking if you can't heel toe

Thanks, I think the brake issue is related to the wheel/pedals specifically to this game. As I didn't have the issue in F1 2010.

I now have a setup where I'm consistently getting faster times. This is for a Driving Force Pro, please give feedback on it, especially if you think you have improved upon it:

Steering Deadzone: 0%
Steering Saturation: 5%
Steering Linearity: 33%
Throttle Deadzone: 0%
Throttle Saturation: 0%
Brake Deadzone: 30%
Brake Saturation: 25%

Environmental Effects: 70%
Feedback Strength: 100%
Wheel Weight: 100%

I'm still not happy with the overall weight and feedback from the wheel, it seems very weak even with both FFB Strength & Wheel Weight set to 100%.

EDIT:

Reverted back to this one, I think it's better because it gives more weight in the wheel:

Steering Saturation: 0%
Steering Linearity: 55%

Environmental Effects: 90%

Last edited:
Thanks, I think the brake issue is related to the wheel/pedals specifically to this game. As I didn't have the issue in F1 2010.

I now have a setup where I'm consistently getting faster times. This is for a Driving Force Pro, please give feedback on it, especially if you think you have improved upon it:

Steering Saturation: 5%
Steering Linearity: 33%

Environmental Effects: 70%

I'm still not happy with the overall weight and feedback from the wheel, it seems very weak even with both FFB Strength & Wheel Weight set to 100%.
Don't forget about clipping. If one setting is set too high which cause the motor to always turn 100% it will drown out other effects. Your wheels motor can only turn at 100%. What ever the game demands over 100% will be completely ignored.

Back