F1 2017 Wet Weather Video Shows Off Impressive Drying Racing Line

Discussion in 'F1 2017' started by GTPNewsWire, Aug 14, 2017.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. Vspectra

Vspectra

Where's the video?

3. aguia

aguia

lol

4. aguia

aguia

lol
    I can´t delete this second post, but in answer with no smille, the video are in Youtube

5. Vspectra

Vspectra

The articles usually embed / link the videos. Looks like the editor put it in now.

6. iCyCo

iCyCo

The more I see a racing game using rain in majority of its marketing, the less I want to buy it.

lancia delta hf and TheNuvolari like this.
  7. aguia

aguia

Thanks, already saw it... looks great but i'm a little tired to play with rain in PCars... the bla bla bla of the Staff In the good way Codemasters, change tires (everyone but very quickly) in pit.stop and champagne in final is great to see, but as it repeats every time the race ends it can become boring. I like the way Gran Turismo finishes the races, the cars are still on the track. I imagine the work that gives to make all this characterization. However it is always better than waiting for the last car as it happens in the ACorsa.

iCyCo your logo here is of the first Toyota Celica TA22? It seems!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2017
  8. iCyCo

iCyCo

Yes please.
    [​IMG]

9. aguia

aguia

iCyCo likes this.
  10. Eyes Fried Open

Eyes Fried Open

Those weather effects look great, The racing line drying out looks so natural.
    I haven't played an F1 game since probably F1 '97. Whats are the latest F1 games like to play with a controller. I have not got a new wheel to suit my PS4 yet.

Lord Kacperov likes this.
  11. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

@aguia - Please don't double-post, that's what the Edit and +Quote buttons are for. :tup:

We'll let you know (about both) fairly soon. :)

Eyes Fried Open likes this.
  12. jake2013guy

jake2013guy

Erm. Wehrlein isn't a rookie. He drove for Manor last year.

13. letdown427

letdown427

That's the first time I've seen an F1 car in a game handle in what looks like a natural way. The way it rotates under power and the driver is able to just wind off a couple of degrees of lock looks very rewarding.

Trying to create all the 'realistic' pre/post race chat is a noble effort, but even just reading out the grid it was already clearly repetitive in delivery and broke any 'immersion'. The game does look really good though, all of the car development looks interesting as well.

14. TheNuvolari

TheNuvolari

Sigh, Rain is everything?
    NFS2015 - Rain & Night
    DC - Rain
    PC2 - Rain
    FM7 - Rain
    F12017 - Rain
    What's next? AC? GTS?
    I swear sometimes I don't want to see rain in racing games...

CHEN255 and iCyCo like this.
  15. VBR

VBR Premium

Spectacular looking game, & a great job in recreating the sport of F1. Just a shame about the abysmal FFB in all Codemaster's games.

Lord Kacperov and paulpg87 like this.
  16. Mulan

Mulan

Sounds nice, especially downshifting. Many games have trouble sounding good at downshifts, often sounds really generic.
    Nice job!

TheNuvolari likes this.
  17. breyzipp

breyzipp

That weather and entire atmosphere looks so realistic. I live in Belgium and rainy cloudy days can be so depressive. I get that same sense of depression from the weather in this video, and I mean that in an absolute positive way. :)

18. shawtyoner

shawtyoner

The weather does look amazing, however I would hate looking at a blurry screen for that long, which makes me not want to race in the rain. I love wet tracks, but not rain.

Dresden and lancia delta hf like this.
  19. dQuim

dQuim

I was able to have a go on the closed beta on PC with a G920; FFB has been improved significantly this year. There's also more configuration options for FFB this time out, including the option to increase the overall strength beyond the default.