F1 2018 Beta Applications Open For Sign-Up on All Platforms

I think the F1's should drive like this thing from Toca Race Driver 3 one mistake and race over.

986.jpg

Hopefully, this is the year they put VR in. I've been wanting to play F1, but I'm exclusively racing in VR nowadays.

Hear me Codemasters? Guarantee I'm buying your game full price if it comes with VR support this year! :P

Hopefully, this is the year they put VR in. I've been wanting to play F1, but I'm exclusively racing in VR nowadays.

Hear me Codemasters? Guarantee I'm buying your game full price if it comes with VR support this year! :P
Your 1 of the 1% ppl who play with VR. Its way to soon for vr, dont try to force gamers buying a game with wasted vr space, gaming is gaming and not a semi real life stuff because you cant afford it

Your 1 of the 1% ppl who play with VR. Its way to soon for vr, dont try to force gamers buying a game with wasted vr space, gaming is gaming and not a semi real life stuff because you cant afford it

He is still part of the market though. And VR has become much more affordable too. If you game on a budget though you should be playing on PC.

And I remember people saying almost the exact same thing about the shift from 2D to 3D gaming 25 or so years ago.

Having experienced VR myself, I now firmly believe that gaming on a TV or monitor will be considered "Retro Gaming" within the next 5 to 10 years.

Spoken like someone who never tried VR racing ;) VR can be done sitting, in case you didn't know. Prices are also dropping recently. Are you one of those guys who also thinks a wheel and pedals is a waste? Anything that can make my sim racing more fun is welcome in my house.

F1 is one of the last racing games without VR and I'm not buying it until it does support VR.

Codemasters also has the knowledge to do it properly, Dirt Rally is still one of the best VR sims on the market.

It is indeed hard to get back to flat racing game after VR.
I stopped playing Asseto Corsa VR on GT Sport release, as i felt something was wrong with GT. It took me a while to get used to flat racing again. But i started AC VR again last week in order to experience Barhein track in an F1 2018 car cockpit (with halo) prior to the GP, and had that Wow! effect still working. Flat F1 game has no interest for me.

In VR, like in reality, the Halo is not that annoying because at worst, an object in front of the car is occluded for only one eye. As the halo is an object close to the camera, it even add a bit to the immersion as stereoscopy is better on close object.
Just saying :P

Does anyone know when the beta phase usually starts? Wondering if it will be before or after the E3 announcement to show and talk about what’s new for this years title.

Btw, when beta will start ? I forgot to register then and I regret, so if someone get an extra invitation for the beta test, l'll be grateful to get it, if you are kind to share it ! Thank you in advance !

PS : VR would be awesome, i get a VR a month ago and I am addicted now ! :)

Back