F1 2018 Releases on PC, PS4, and Xbox One on August 24

I really think they should keep adding classic cars. But they should go older this time. Also, I really think there should be a classic car career instead of the test drives you get in F1 2017. Which are fun but some of us would like more.

Personally I would like a story mode which lets you experience rivalry and drama of being a F1 driver like Fifa the Journey. I know it isn't for everyone, but I personally like these kind of modes. Alternatively I would like modes like the GT6 Senna DLC. Some history about the classic cars and who drove them! Throw in some classic tracks and It would be very cool to try and recreate classic races or qualifications!

Personally I would like a story mode which lets you experience rivalry and drama of being a F1 driver like Fifa the Journey. I know it isn't for everyone, but I personally like these kind of modes. Alternatively I would like modes like the GT6 Senna DLC. Some history about the classic cars and who drove them! Throw in some classic tracks and It would be very cool to try and recreate classic races or qualifications!

Thats a good idea I dont mind a story mode that goes from 1950's to the present.

I agree and it reminds me of the TOCA 2 career. They could do something really cool with it.

Features:
  • Time pressured press interviews
  • Expanded paddock locations and interactions
  • Pursue driver contracts
  • Determine your Championship Rival(s)
  • Manage your reputation
  • Press reputation feedback
  • Expanded pre/post Race Broadcast speech
  • Additional classic cars
  • Player ranking - Super License in multiplayer
  • Full ERS management
Not gonna lie, I really like the sound of this.

Stuff like ERS management is especially neat, since I miss the KERS button from F1 2013 (not played the ones before that, so I don't know if they had it; they probably did) and can't wait to have something along those lines again. Different system, I know, but still.

Plus, the career mode seems to delve more into what it is like as an F1 driver, having to deal with all the press and stuff. Not the most important thing in the world for a racing game like this, but a career mode that's more like an actual career? Sign me up.

Not gonna lie, I really like the sound of this.

Stuff like ERS management is especially neat, since I miss the KERS button from F1 2013 (not played the ones before that, so I don't know if they had it; they probably did) and can't wait to have something along those lines again. Different system, I know, but still.

Plus, the career mode seems to delve more into what it is like as an F1 driver, having to deal with all the press and stuff. Not the most important thing in the world for a racing game like this, but a career mode that's more like an actual career? Sign me up.

Absolutely :) Same for me, I still play F1 2013 from time to time and really like the KERS implementation, really adds more depth to the races and strategy.
I know the video footage we’ve seen earlier today only scratches the surface as it’s still early work in progress, but it does sound like there’s a good few other features that aren’t mentioned in these notes such as the improved graphics and lighting, amazingly improved and more realistic engine sounds too.
Really excited to see and hear more at E3 in a few weeks :D

I’m hoping Codemasters have found a way of implementing the new graphics options of ‘Onrush’ into their other games such as F1 2018, DiRT etc.
Onrush gives players the options of choosing between 4K visuals or locked 60fps. Even on the base PS4 it seems they’ve managed to implement something similar giving players the option to ‘prioritise frame rate’ or ‘prioritise resolution’.

That is a brilliant idea for any game!

I am going to wait and see what cockpit view looks like; not a fan of the Halo; that vid of Pierre Gasly driving at Monaco with cockpit cam was weird, though I suppose you would get used to it. Wish they also had the engine sounds of the past before hybrid engines

We get the first look at F1 2018 tomorrow:
I wouldn't be surprised if they show off some of the new classic cars.

I guess there was no mention of VR at all during the interview?
She's asking the wrong questions! No VR no buy for me :/

I’m definitely getting this. I liked last years. Digital download for sure

I ended up preordering last year and was pretty disappointed when I discovered my disc was a dud so had to return it.
Ended up picking it up for a little over £40 at Sainsbury the next morning which I thought was a bargain (for PS4 that is). Couldn’t find it any cheaper anywhere else at the time using PriceSpy :)
Argos can actually be pretty good for PS4 games as well at times with the sales. They have some pretty awesome deals on that the moment too

Last edited:
I only want old cars if they drive properly. The one's in f1 2017 behave pretty strange. The 2017 models drive pretty good though.

Back