F1 2018 - Tell us about your career

Here’s my latest video:

Unfortunately it showcases just how bad the AI still are at following each other in a line into first corners.

I was able to gain 10 positions in the first corner and that kinda kills the fun to be honest.

My latest career mode episode:

Might as well have called it "F1 does total wipeout" though to be honest.

Unfortunately it features another example of the AI being ridiculously dangerous.

2nd season, 2nd race, this time at Bahrain.

Just after the right corner hairpin after the start/finish line on lap 4, 7 cars behind me retired and several more had to pit for repairs at the same time. Lucky me was in P7 (aka best of the rest in my Sauber). Total mayhem. I didn't know it happened until about 20 seconds too late to get a replay of it. :banghead:

Edit: I was able to save some footage at the end of the race. Will try to upload tomorrow.

Last edited:
Still in season 1 with McLaren, I'm currently doing 50% races with 100 AI but I keep raising the ai difficulty every other race. Right now I am doing the United States GP, but I have been having a hard time with this car ever since I applied a bunch of weight reduction upgrades in the past few GP. No wins yet but I have 3 podiums. Took two big engine penalties in the middle of the season so I have a nice pool of fresh parts to finish off the season.

Trying to make it as "sim" as possible to really get myself immersed. I don't use TC, ABS or any kind of driving line. I always run cockpit view with no hud. The only thing I need ot get rid of is the pit assist but I will do that in a different season.

Hamilton has been dominating my first season so far and will probably win the wdc in Mexico. The regulations for next season affected all the durability improvements I made, so I had to repurchase them all. My team is currently 4th best in no mans land with no hope of catching the top teams any time soon. :lol:

Last edited:
Well, that's the end of my season. Very up and down. I've been affected by glitches, brake checking from the AI and also plenty of mistakes made by myself.

It's been enjoyable though and now I have a season at Red Bull to look forward to after gaining a promotion to the big team.

Can't wait to get stuck into season two and hopefully challenge for the driver's championship.

Here's my final race of season 1 at Abu Dhabi:

Starting to get a bit fed up with the AI in this game. Raced Baku last night. Racing 25%, finished 9 of 13 laps, and then Vandoorne put me into the barriers.

I qualified fifth, and with grid penalties was promoted to fourth. Had a decent start, but the front three start to pull away fast. That was fine with me. I was doing well against the rest of the pack, and the more powerful cars were catching me on the straight, so I figured I could finish 6th or so. Then the pit window opens, and that's when everything started to fall apart.

I think there is a bug in Baku related to cars leaving the pits, because every time there was activity in the pits, there would be a yellow flag along the main straight leading all the way to turn two. During one of these yellow flags, Bottas and I were fighting on the main straight, and I didn't notice the yellow, and illegally overtook Bottas. I was told to give the position back, and in doing so, two other cars overtook me. So now I'm down in 7th or 8th, and trying to fight back. In doing so, I take wing damage, and come into the pits to get a new front wing, and now I'm last, which is pretty usual.

I start making my way back to the pack, and overtake a few cars. I get into DRS range of Vandoorne, and we are flat out on the main straight, having a good battle. I overtake him at turn one, and we're wheel to wheel through turn two. I get ahead of him going into turn three, and then he slams into me and puts me into the barrier. After that I just retired from the race. I think going forward I am going to turn flashbacks on and reduce the damage. I wanted it to be as realistic as possible, but I don't like that the AI just drives their line and doesn't take other cars into account. I want to have fun, and the current state of the game is making it hard to have fun.

Here's my latest episode, with commentary, at Bahrain. A race of real highs and lows. Will seriously need to improve if I'm to win the title this year.

I am doing 100% championchip at 42% AI. I love it. Races are intense. I do have to manage my wearing parts though. I drive the Torro Rosso.

Now in Monaco. My dear, what difficult one. 1.17 is all I manage :(

I expected it to happen every season..i saved up 4k points for it hehe.
I did too in the 1st season. Then I had loads of resource points after Abu Dhabi GP.

But I changed team to Sauber, so I lost all my points anyway. :boggled:

Here's my latest career mode episode. After my first win on career mode at China, I fully expected to walk away with the race at Baku. In reality, it was a lot harder than I expected. Maybe the Red Bull is just OP at China?!

Just finished Spain. Qualified 16th, and finished 7th. I had a massive opening lap to jump a head of a lot of cars, kept my cool, and had my best drive of the season. I'm definitely starting to get a hang of the wheel (Logitech G920), and turning on flashbacks and turning down damage (from simulation to realistic) has helped with my sanity in this game. I'm up to 11th in the driver's standing, and I think I could finish 8th. Looking forward to the next race already.

Amazing really. It took me 26 races, yes TWENTY SIX! to get my first wet race. What's that about? Anyone else struggled to get rain on career mode? All I had up to now is wet practice sessions. Not even a wet quali.

Anyway, here's the highlights:

So here we go again. Season 2 and unfortunately I have to try and keep the car out of the barriers around Monaco for the second time.

I don't know what it is, but I just can't get into a rhythm around Monaco on this year's game.

Anyway, here's the highlights:

After two DNFs in a row, I really needed to pull a result out of the bag, otherwise I guess there's a risk of being fired. However, the car around Canada was feeling great, so was great to challenge for the victory again.

Yesterday I raced Azerbaijan. Started from pole, 2 stop strategy. Safety car got deployed on Lap 8 I think. It was out for a good 3 laps and I pitted right away and got new tyres and started from p17 or something. I overtook some people but a lot pitted while I was out. I was third, Grosjean and Magnussen in front of me. Went for a move on Grosjean, p2. And then I went for a move on Magnussen - and just like in real life - he just put me into a wall. I got front wing damage and he got a warning. :(
I pitted for a new wing and they put on old softs. I had to pit the next lap for new ones and then they gave me a fresh set. :confused:
I ended up at p16 and force India being mad at me. :nervous:
Can somebody tell me when you get front wing damage and you want to change the tyres or don't want to change them, how I can say that to Jeff? :confused:

Unfortunately in formula 1 you have to change tyres at every pit stop. I know this because I watch IRL F1

Ive just had the most UNEXPECTED season ive ever had - LECLERC stormed to the championship,which i never saw coming!!

He narrowly pipped Perez to the title,as both Sauber and Force India are the two top developed teams - Force India took the constructors.

Hamilton just beat me for 3rd in the championship. I had THREE development departments to 'adjust' parts for - which means we start season 5 as the bottom ranked team,as i just didnt have enough points to develop them all. I lost so many upgrades!

Raikonnen got a measly 42 points for the season,which is the worst ive ever seen any top team do - not sure what happened to him as Vettel did much better.

Going into season 5,every team took a big hit in the development - but McLaren are top by quite a margin so it will be interesting to see if Alonso will be the one to beat! I have a feeling Mercedes could come back strong though. And will the Leclerc/Perez dominance continue?!

Back