• 34 comments

Phoenix

Premium
Norway
Norway
Official patch notes

Newest update first.

Patch 1.16 is live on all platforms.
It contains an update for a tyre physics issue, where the temperatures behaved differently depending on frame rate.

The fix will bring temperature behaviour in line across all three platforms, PC, PS4 and Xbox One, and regardless of frame rate. As we’ve previously commented, we log and assess all user feedback which we receive via any of our social channels. In some situations we’re able to act upon issues more readily than others, depending on the complexity and development requirements. In this instance we felt we could quickly and safely apply an important fix which will impact upon the validity of players performance in game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Older updates:
- Update 1.15 is live on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

• Safety Rating and Skill Rank should no longer reset on Xbox One.
  • Fixed several issues where spectators and players could get stuck in a perpetual load state in multiplayer.
  • The Safety Car/Virtual Safety Car should no longer trigger after a flashback.
  • Fixed an issue where teams would value showmanship and sportsmanship incorrectly in contract negotiations.
  • Wheels should no longer feel like they are losing power/force feedback mid race.
  • Near/far chase camera should no longer jump when entering and exiting the pits.
  • Fanatec CSL Elite should be able to be calibrated correctly after a fresh boot.
  • Rev lights should now function correctly on Fanatec CSL Elite on PC.
  • Trigger rumble option “Auto” should now work as intended on PC.
  • Frame rate capping should now reach the maximum FPS cap on PC.
  • Various stability and performance fixes.

- Update 1.14 (1.13 included in it) is live on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

• Added option to disable tyre carcass temperature – the Tyre Temperature option can be found in Gameplay Settings and there are two choices: ‘Surface & Carcass (Simulation)’, which is the setting that 2018 has used up to this point, and the alternative ‘Surface Only’ option.
  • Fixed an issue where online stats would fail to update correctly. If your stats fail to update after this patch, please let us know in the Discussion thread, please be sure to include the platform you are on and which stats are not updating for you.
  • Improved times generated when a session is fast forwarded or Flying Lap / Return To Garage are used (i.e. time is skipped / accelerated). This will prevent times being generated that are around a second a lap too quick on the higher difficulty settings.
  • Increased frequency of safety car deployment for multiplayer.
  • Fixed issue where teams would value showmanship and sportsmanship incorrectly in contract negotiations.
  • Fixed an issue where the safety car could incorrectly come out after using a flashback.
  • Fixed an issue in online sessions where players would occasionally load into the incorrect track.
  • Fixed an issue where certain PCs would use the incorrect audio update rate.
  • Fixed an issue in the UDP telemetry output where the PlayerIndex value would change to the incorrect player when entering spectator mode.
  • Fixed a bug that meant players could be given a speeding in the pit lane penalty even if they were below the speed limit and had the limiter on when they crossed the limiter line.
  • Fixed a bug that meant the AI would sometimes not go out to do a second hot lap in Qualifying.
  • Safety car improvements when picking up the lead car when they are close to backmarkers.
  • Fixed a bug that caused AI cars to be teleported back to the pit lane when loading a mid session save created in the garage while the player is in the garage. This could cause the AI to set very short sector times.

- Update 1.12 is live on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

- Invalidated lap times will no longer be incorrectly set back to valid when returning to the garage.
- Added new PC anti cheat.
- Improvements to the Safety Car behaviour when it’s deployed to the track.
- Broadcast speech will now play correctly after all sessions.
- Stopped spectators seeing the garage for a frame followed by the car on track for a frame causing a nasty flicker when spectating OSQ.
- Rebalanced Rank and Safety Rating calculations.

- Update 1.10:​
  • Players will no longer be incorrectly overtaken under the Safety Car when they have high engine or gearbox wear.
  • Fixed an issue that caused AI drivers with a puncture to not pit.
  • Numerous improvements to the Interviews with Claire.
  • Co commentator commentary should now always play correctly.
  • Fixed an issue with the track rubbering in and marbles not working.
  • Players will no longer be able to select reverse gear while driving forwards.
  • Updated the Power Unit & Gearbox Management tutorial audio in German to correctly reflect the 2018 rules.
  • Fixed players occasionally getting stuck waiting for players in Multiplayer when loading in to OSQ.

- Update 1.09 is live on PC.

PS4 and Xbox One: Patch 1.08 has now been rolled into 1.09 for release on consoles, this will be on its way to PS4 and Xbox One in the coming days. You can check out the patch notes for 1.09 below, which will also include the notes from 1.08 if you’re a PS4 or Xbox One player.

- Times set on this version should no longer overwrite faster times already uploaded to the Leaderboard. Please note that if you’ve already uploaded a slower time to a Leaderboard, we are unable to revert it to your previous faster time.
- Vehicle Damage should no longer show as Test in a Multiplayer Lobby.
- Players on Steam should no longer have names shown as Unknown when joining a Lobby in progress.
- Fixed cars stuttering in Replays.

- Update 1.08 is live on PC.

Patch Notes
  • Usernames should no longer be completely missing in Multiplayer lobbies and races. Note that the issue on PC where player names are shown as Unknown is a different issue.
  • Fixed an instance where players could be stuck waiting for players in a multiplayer game following a host migration.
  • Fixed an issue where players were unable to join a ranked session.
  • Fixed an issue where cars would spawn on top of each other in multiplayer races.
Known Issues
  • Time Trial Leaderboards – There is currently a bug where the game will update your leaderboard time with your last lap time and not your fastest lap time. We are currently working on this issue and we aim to have the fix out soon.

- Update 1.07 is live on PC, and shortly to PS4 and Xbox One.

Mostly bug fixing and quality of life update.
Link to patch notes

- Update 1.06:

2018 Car model and Livery Updates
o Various livery and sponsor logo updates to teams
o Updated McLaren nosecone
o Updated Ferrari mirror mountings
o Updated Force India sidepod turning vane geometry and steering wheel materials
o Updated Renault front wing and rear wing endplates
o Updated Haas sidepod turning vanes, mirror mountings and halo geometry
  • 2018 Vehicle Performance Updates​
  • Players can now change AI difficulty between sessions​
  • Updated DRS Detection zones for the 2018 Singapore GP​
  • Updated Hungary and Singapore Track Map Videos​
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to have DRS used on incorrect parts of the track after using instant replay​
  • Made some adjustments to the AI R&D Progression in Career​
  • Achievements – “Every artist was first an amateur” should now unlock correctly​
  • Fixed an issue where the player was being awarded an incorrect 10 place grid drop penalty instead of 5, for changing a gearbox in career​
  • Fixed an issue where the player was being awarded a 5 place grid drop penalty instead of 10, for fitting an extra MGU-K, Control Electronics or Energy Store component for the 1st time.​
  • Xbox One – Fixed Xbox Voice chat not working​
  • PC – Global leaderboards are now showing in the Steam client​
  • Multiplayer – Fixed an issue in multiplayer where the host was able to select re-start session after receiving terminal damage​
  • Multiplayer – Fixed a deadstate issue for players starting OSQ when the host and secondary host are dedicated spectators​
  • Multiplayer – Fixed an issue where cars would spawn on top of each other after joining in progress a OSQ session and then loading into a race​
  • Improved stability and various other fixes​

- Update 1.05 is now live on PC and it brings a load of fixes and updates.

Official patch notes

A few of the more important ones:
- Interviews – Option included to turn off or extend the interview timer – you can find this option in Preferences -> Gameplay Settings -> Press Interview Time Limit. <- This is really good news!
- Fixed an issue where race fuel load was insufficient to finish a race after using the race strategy practice program in a restarted practice session – NOTE: This fix will only apply after you go to the next Race Weekend. You may also have to complete a Race Strategy Practice Programme for it to take full effect. <- YES! Finally!
- Fixed a crash when fast forwarding an instant replay. <- This was also an annoying bug.

The update will be live for PS4 on tuesday, and Xbox One later this week.​

- Update 1.04:
- Updated the Power Unit and Research and Development tutorial videos
- Updated the default ghost cars for the Classic era in Time Trial
- Stopped AI cars being teleported to / from the pit lane
- Improved Multiplayer bandwidth evaluation
- Improved stability in online sessions
- Fixed Julian Fébreau being correctly referenced in the broadcast UI (French only)
- Correctly limited Xbox One voice communication to the number of players shown during loading
- Improved stability and various other fixes

Last edited:
Below you’ll find the patch notes for this update.

• 2018 Car model and Livery Updates
o Various livery and sponsor logo updates to teams
o Updated McLaren nosecone
o Updated Ferrari mirror mountings
o Updated Force India sidepod turning vane geometry and steering wheel materials
o Updated Renault front wing and rear wing endplates
o Updated Haas sidepod turning vanes, mirror mountings and halo geometry
  • 2018 Vehicle Performance Updates
  • Players can now change AI difficulty between sessions
  • Updated DRS Detection zones for the 2018 Singapore GP
  • Updated Hungary and Singapore Track Map Videos
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to have DRS used on incorrect parts of the track after using instant replay
  • Made some adjustments to the AI R&D Progression in Career
  • Achievements – “Every artist was first an amateur” should now unlock correctly
  • Fixed an issue where the player was being awarded an incorrect 10 place grid drop penalty instead of 5, for changing a gearbox in career
  • Fixed an issue where the player was being awarded a 5 place grid drop penalty instead of 10, for fitting an extra MGU-K, Control Electronics or Energy Store component for the 1st time.
  • Xbox One – Fixed Xbox Voice chat not working
  • PC – Global leaderboards are now showing in the Steam client
  • Multiplayer – Fixed an issue in multiplayer where the host was able to select re-start session after receiving terminal damage
  • Multiplayer – Fixed a deadstate issue for players starting OSQ when the host and secondary host are dedicated spectators
  • Multiplayer – Fixed an issue where cars would spawn on top of each other after joining in progress a OSQ session and then loading into a race
  • Improved stability and various other fixes

Is this in a good state? I just see people moaning about glitches on Reddit and youtube. I'm only interested in career, which seems to have multiple issues.

It's on sale for ps4 this week.

Is this in a good state? I just see people moaning about glitches on Reddit and youtube. I'm only interested in career, which seems to have multiple issues.

It's on sale for ps4 this week.
I would say that the game is in a decent to good state yes.

Career mode is my only interest aswell, so having done 1 full season and started on the 2nd, I can't say theres been too many glitches.

Others might have experienced more, but you will almost only hear about the bad parts. Very few people come out regularly and tell about all the good parts.

Most definitely worth a purchase, in my opinion.

Patch 1.14 reverts the sportsmanship/showmanship fix in contract negotiations which was included in patch 1.13. This fix has been removed because an element of it was not working as intended, and because of this version 1.13 was skipped on PS4 and Xbox One.

Yeah, i've noticed that quite alot.

Not sure how to avoid it. Just keep hitting flashback until the safety car is no longer out? :odd:

Be a man, suck up your mistakes, and don’t use flashback.

OK, that was sort of in jest, and I’ll agree that if the game offers a function it shouldn’t break the game.

That said I tend to be a bit of a purist with racing. If I screw up, or I get screwed through no fault of my own then that’s it - that’s how racing is. Last week I did the full length Interlagos only to totally mess up on the second to last lap - DNF sort of mess up. I almost went full Verstappen - if the wheel hadn’t been clamped to my desk it would have gone through the screen, but there’s no way I’d have used a flashback even if I had them enabled. But that’s just me I guess.

Be a man, suck up your mistakes, and don’t use flashback.

OK, that was sort of in jest, and I’ll agree that if the game offers a function it shouldn’t break the game.

That said I tend to be a bit of a purist with racing. If I screw up, or I get screwed through no fault of my own then that’s it - that’s how racing is. Last week I did the full length Interlagos only to totally mess up on the second to last lap - DNF sort of mess up. I almost went full Verstappen - if the wheel hadn’t been clamped to my desk it would have gone through the screen, but there’s no way I’d have used a flashback even if I had them enabled. But that’s just me I guess.
No, I won't stop using the flashback. I don't care what others think.

I have it on because I play games casually and for fun, and when glitches and stupid things happen in-game, it's nice to have a feature to step back a bit and try again. We all know that the AI tend to screw you over every once in a while, and other stupid glitches might happen.

If a mistake is made and its purely my fault, I don't use flashbacks as I learn nothing from that. But I won't turn it off though.

Elitists and aliens can do whatever they want. I'm too old to care. I want a fun experience.

Back