F1 2020 Free Trial Now Available on PlayStation and Xbox

Well an interesting decision here to release the demo version given the game has been out for a while.

Definitely recommended though as I have spent more hours in F1 2020 than any previous years F1 and the Career Mode and My Team is proving very interesting in terms of length to the game as I am still only on Season 2 for both so it's excellent value with the current discount price!

I'm not really interested in F1 nowadays but I'm downloading this trial now as I'm looking forward to see if it will tick the boxes for me as a motorsport simulation game.

Thanks for the heads up! :gtpflag:

It's on PS Now so people might as well pay £9 and play the full game for a month then decide if they want to buy it or not.

Or even better than that, take the free trial of PS Now and then you can play for a month without charge.

Or even better than that, take the free trial of PS Now and then you can play for a month without charge.

Is it not a just 7 day trial you get with PS Now though? I'm sure when I took it at the start of the year I only really had time to finish Control and not really play anything else.

Is it not a just 7 day trial you get with PS Now though? I'm sure when I took it at the
start of the year I only really had time to finish Control and not really play anything else.

Possibly it has changed then, I just did a quick check and it does now indeed say 7 days but that would still be a week to play the full game at nob charge.

Well an interesting decision here to release the demo version given the game has been out for a while.
Every recent Codemasters game gets a Trial version, it's known to bring new players in, some of which go all the way and buy the game.

These Trial versions are the full game download, but with the majority of the game locked off until purchase. The upshot of this though is that the Trial never expires and any progress you make carries over to the full game.

Trial version also gets all the performance patches and stability improvements of full game.

The reason it's not available at launch is because it takes up development resources, and full game takes priority during launch.

Last edited:
On PS5, you can access the demo with the "..." button on the game store page.

Last edited:
It is already free on PS Now and you can bet it comes to Game Pass the moment the season finished, which is 3 weeks from now. This has been the case since F1 2018.

So by now I would way if you have Game Pass wait for the game to show up there very soon, and spend your money on F1 2021 which will likely be the first one to have some next-generation flashy stuff.

Back