F1 2020 leaving EA Play on March 15th, 2023 (final delisting?)

• Thread starter martton
  • 5 comments
F1 2020 to be removed from EA Play and Xbox Game Pass

F1 2020, which has already been delisted from the Microsoft Store, will leave EA Play and Xbox Game Pass on March 15th, as revealed on EA's online services page.

EA Online Services Shutdown

F1 2020 - EA Play members, please note that we are removing F1 2020 from The Play List on March 15, 2023.

Not unexpected after last year's mass delisting of the older Codemasters series titles. I assume F1 2020 will also be delisted and taken down from the Steam store at the same time. It was removed from console stores last year although physical discs are easy to find.

What are the chances of a delisting sale before it finally leaves Steam? Steam price has been steady at full price for more than a year through numerous EA Racing and F1 22 sales.

Don’t count on a sale. It’s routine for EA Sports titles to stop going on sale once they get replaced by the next year’s game. The FIFAs and Maddens of the past couple years haven’t been on sale either and they just get quietly delisted.

You're probably right, considering it is EA. I won't get my hopes up.
Incidentally, EA’s lineup is on sale on Steam right now, because Lunar New Year. But there’s a reason why of the F1 games, only F1 22 is on sale: EA wants you to buy the current game.

It's still available to buy on CDKeys for XBox, at least in the UK/Europe.

Thanks, I've been considering key sellers if it disappears off Steam.

Incidentally, EA’s lineup is on sale on Steam right now, because Lunar New Year. But there’s a reason why of the F1 games, only F1 22 is on sale: EA wants you to buy the current game.

I've been keeping an eye on those sales for a while, but that sales tactic actually makes me less likely to buy either one.

I do have access on Game Pass and expect to see 22 replacing 2020 when it leaves, but it would be nice to have 2020 on Steam. I have a few earlier entries in the series, so plenty to keep me busy. I guess since I've held off this long without picking up 2020, it's not a must-have for me.

Last edited:
Back