F1 2020: My Team Management Sim Mode Deep Dive

Watched the trailer heaps i am so so so so hyped for this and love the RPG elements and all the off track extras we are getting i cant wait :)

The guy playing on the sim racing setup is very... meta.

Simception.png

Well, let’s hope they don’t push microtransactions for having more money for your teams. I can already see “Acclaim packs, only $9,99”

The guy playing on the sim racing setup is very... meta.
I heard you like racing sims, so I put a racing sim in your racing sim...

I've checked up on one detail, and I've had it confirmed that you get a ten-year career in My Team.

I might have missed this previously but with the custom calendars, will you be able to change the races between seasons and will you be able to change the order of the races also?

Does anyone know if we will have the choice to have only hired drivers, not being drivers ourselves? I'd rather be only a manager on My Team mode. I really like all these features that are coming up though.

Question : I’ve always run since Grand Prix 1 in the 90’s but it’s no longer possible (dizziness). So the Create and Manage option of F1 2020 interests me a lot… will it be possible to create a team, manage it and (1) run its virtual drivers and especially to see them run. MMO does it but we see small dots replacing the pilots. OR (2) I forfeit and see my virtual pilot run OR (3) I must "crashed" at the start and see my virtual partner running but a bad option. Obviously I'm not talking about online race.
Thank you for answering me!

Last edited:
Looks good, sounds like you'll be able to colour code your sponsors as well. 5 slots for team sponsors it sounds like from major to minor. All fictional naturally.

Pretty impressed with Myteam so far - seems quite in-depth and makes career mode even more immersive. I just hope there arnt too many driver moves to other teams.

So, two questions: Do you still have to do practice session minigames to earn tech points for developing your team, and are post-race interviews still a thing that's required? Both of those got to feeling like unwelcome chores after a while in 2019.

So, two questions: Do you still have to do practice session minigames to earn tech points for developing your team, and are post-race interviews still a thing that's required? Both of those got to feeling like unwelcome chores after a while in 2019.
I mean nothing is forcing you to do the development goals but they are still there for you, and yes the post race interviews are there but IMO they are done a lot better with no time limit, though certain responses are locked until you upgrade your HQ I assume.

I mean nothing is forcing you to do the development goals but they are still there for you, and yes the post race interviews are there but IMO they are done a lot better with no time limit, though certain responses are locked until you upgrade your HQ I assume.

Yeah you need to develop your PR or something as a driver in MyTeam. Its in the driver perks section.

There definitely seems to be more influence in the interviews this time.

you can ignore both of these, although you’re better able to upgrade your driver acclaim, team acclaim, and car if you utilize these features.

alternatively you can simulate practice sessions, which give you a partial amount of upgrade points you would earn if you did the practice programs yourself

you can ignore both of these, although you’re better able to upgrade your driver acclaim, team acclaim, and car if you utilize these features.

alternatively you can simulate practice sessions, which give you a partial amount of upgrade points you would earn if you did the practice programs yourself

Okay. Mostly my concern was that not doing the practice session games would cause me to fall too far behind the development curve later in the season to be competitive, which no doubt is pretty important for a team that's starting from scratch. And interviews can be dealt with so long as they don't feel so repetitive in their questions this time.

Okay. Mostly my concern was that not doing the practice session games would cause me to fall too far behind the development curve later in the season to be competitive, which no doubt is pretty important for a team that's starting from scratch. And interviews can be dealt with so long as they don't feel so repetitive in their questions this time.

I simulate most of my practice sessions and I’m able to develop my car just fine

I simulate most of my practice sessions and I’m able to develop my car just fine
Yeah, having watched a couple of playthroughs on Youtube this morning it looks like there's really no need to do a bunch of them to just keep up. The 2nd driver earning points as well seems to make up the balance more or less, so that should sort itself out fine.

Back