F1 23 to Launch June 16: Braking Point Story Mode Returns

• Thread starter Famine
  • 52 comments
Still the same engine and graphics….😩
And with that, doesn't appear to be any new features either. Red flags aren't new, they're returning (and pointless imo), Braking point isn't new, it's returning. Time will tell regarding physics and the elements that vary player to player.

Haven't seen anything in the blurb that jumps out as something worth buying the game for.

Haven't seen anything in the blurb that jumps out as something worth buying the game for.
Braking Point 2 and Adrian Oldey not doing it for you?
1683128815613.png

I'll preorder it just to have it first day with the new tracks but I don't care anything for the bonus stuff. I know F1 22 gets a lot of hate but for me in single player mode, not doing any of the career stuff or online because I don't care about that stuff, I love the game. To me it's got the best AI of any game I've played in a long time.

No surprise here. Looks identical to the last five F1 games. It's been crying out for a new graphics engine for years. Just the typical EA sports game format. Copy & paste. That'll be £70 please.
Sounds more like a Codemasters Problem considering EA has only been on for the past two.

Sounds more like a Codemasters Problem considering EA has only been on for the past two.
Yeah people just see EA Sports now and think it's all them. Same dev studio, same people, very little to our knowledge has changed in the actual development and production of the F1 series.

It's kinda unfortunate for EA that 2020 felt like a peak and '21-'22 fell short, easy to connect those dots but that seems to have been the pattern.

In the past i would've agreed but EA have controlled the important things like budget & schedule for a couple years now. It's completely up to EA to say what they want & when they want it. It's clear (just as with all other EA sports games) that they're perfectly happy continuing to put minimal effort & budget into F1 & to continue the yearly release whilst making huge profits.

Instead they could & should increase the budget for a couple years & give them a couple years in order to rebuild on a new & far more current engine. Then they could continue to copy & paste that every year but they would at least have a far more current-gen game.

I agree that Codemasters should've rebuilt on a modern engine a couple years ago but now EA have control over what Codemasters does.

Last edited:
Yeah people just see EA Sports now and think it's all them. Same dev studio, same people, very little to our knowledge has changed in the actual development and production of the F1 series.

It's kinda unfortunate for EA that 2020 felt like a peak and '21-'22 fell short, easy to connect those dots but that seems to have been the pattern.
People seem to think being cynical means to intentionally be ignorant just because what happened before without actually looking deeper. Perfect example is the Breaking Point from 2021: So many people stupidly assumed EA just made Codies slap on something from FIFA when it was always a Codies idea (Again, you can tell who's never heard of the Toca/Grid Race Driver series)

In the past i would've agreed but EA have controlled the important things like budget & schedule for a couple years now. It's completely up to EA to say what they want & when they want it. It's clear (just as with all other EA sports games) that they're perfectly happy continuing to put minimal effort & budget into F1 & to continue the yearly release whilst making huge profits.

Instead they could & should increase the budget for a couple years & give them a couple years in order to rebuild on a new & far more current engine. Then they could continue to copy & paste that every year but they would at least have a far more current-gen game.

I agree that Codemasters should've rebuilt a modern engine a couple years ago but now EA have control over most things.
Here's the thing: 2021 literally was already close to finished Before EA got Codemasters, which meant that sticker on the box and opening graphic is as much EA influence as it got.

All those yearly games tend too suck, not gonna be any big changes from one year too the other, Add some invented system with some fandangled name but it isn't really anything that hasn't been done before, Milestone are the same with the MotoGP series.

I'm very tempted by PSVR2 but still a bit scared by the substantial pricetag. Unfortunately, I haven't found a place in Tokyo that lets me try out PSVR2, so I'd have to go in blind, basically.

What's the general opinion here? Seems quite positive from what I've gathered. But is it in the "nice to have" category or in the "this changes everything"/"I can't imagine playing any other way now" category?

Looking at the other games currently available for PSVR2, I could only imagine myself trying Pavlov, and probably getting bored with it after a couple of weeks, so the 75000 Yen would be entirely dedicated to playing GT7 in my case.

Sorry if this has been asked countless times. I've only read the last couple of pages of this 130 pages thread.

Man, I wish they would do PSVR2 support.

Unless they end support for PS4/XONE, they won’t bother with it.

If this had PSVR2 support. Id buy instantly if not. I wont bother.

No PSVR2, no 💰.
Yeah. All these billion years playing F1 and it being generally my favorite game, and now I basically don’t even care about doing so anymore. Not without VR. It’s sad how insane it could be if in VR yet it is actually pretty unappealing to me now without it. VR would be more of a shakeup to the series than any other “new feature” or mode can be.
Won’t be playing this unless it’s just to see how the Vegas track seems lol

I feel like this series peaked around 2020 and has been looking rather tired ever since. Needs a new engine. I fail to see any real technical progression from F1 2020 running on an XB1X to the so-called next gen versions of the subsequent games, the handling was messed up in the last game and when you're racing, you can kinda feel all the carried-over limitations and ingrained flaws in the experience - no amount of useless window dressing like F1 life or whatever its called will remedy that.

But as long as they're still tied to the old gen, and with the yearly development cycle, will that ever happen?

It's up on PlayStation Store and PS VR2 is not listed. I love F1 but as a sim racer I don't like driving them so I never buy these games (I think my last one was 2016, and before that the original one on PS1).

That said, I'll drop the obligatory #NoPSVR2noBuy.

And that goes for WRC '23 as well.

No surprise here. Looks identical to the last five F1 games. It's been crying out for a new graphics engine for years. Just the typical EA sports game format. Copy & paste. That'll be £70 please.
F1 2024 using Frostbite next year 😅

And with that, doesn't appear to be any new features either. Red flags aren't new, they're returning (and pointless imo), Braking point isn't new, it's returning. Time will tell regarding physics and the elements that vary player to player.

Physics wise, there were a couple leaks that cited it feels more like F1 2020 as a positive.

I’ll probably wait til it hits a discount on Steam as I am eager to jump back into a F1 game. But this doesn’t seem like it’s a gigantic leap over ‘21 that I still have installed.

I will probably buy it on Steam so I can get an easy refund if it’s ****. It won’t take very long for me to figure that out.

Back