F1 and the future of GT

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheCrazySwede
  • 111 comments
  • 8,919 views
Swagger897. To me it feels like Forza, except the driving, which is amazing, but since there is a new one every year it makes me a bit mad that they can't just update the game for $15 every year...


Just for the record forza motorsport comes out every two years not every year.
 
Swagger897. To me it feels like Forza, except the driving, which is amazing, but since there is a new one every year it makes me a bit mad that they can't just update the game for $15 every year...


Just for the record forza motorsport comes out every two years not every year.

Pretty sure that was in reference to the F1 series.
 
We're likely to see some cool F1 cars to drive in GT from time to time as we already have had with the Ferraris in GT5, but it's never going to get much better than that. Licensing aside, PD is either not willing or not capable of accurately simulating even one type of racing series as part of the game. They're not interested in yellow flags, qualifying, accurate damage and reliability modeling, challenging AI, and all the other stuff you need to have to get a really great racing series experience. I hope to see some more F1 cars in the game particularly old classics like the Lotus 49, but we'll only ever be able to do races of the type that we have already, not accurate F1 races.
 
Why, should we play that when it hasn't been that good compared to GT (though subjective), why should people have to buy multiple racing games just to enjoy a certain car. Having it all under one umbrella as PD have tried for years now seems best, why putting up this deflection to ignore the issue tells more about the lack of depth some fans have.

Glad you said that first part cause I was just about to say
The reason sales are suffering and people are moving on is because the GT series are poor compared to other racing/driving games gees when are some of you people going to face up to that ? Blaming a forum member for bad GT sales is ridiculous , its the game its self thats losing its own sales.

Understand that as well, but also when folks have elitist attitudes as well about the series it could scare off potential newcomers as well.

I understand that GT may have fell off, but again with elitist attitudes that makes the problem much worse as people do come on this forum and listen to that stuff even some making up their minds based on what he said. Is that a good thing no, but it does happen.
 
I'd already be happy, if they implemented a more realistic modern fantasy f1 car that you can paint and drive online against others. Like the Formula GT, but not unrealistically fast and with a modern design. The Formula GT looks more like a F1 car from 2000 or so.
I wouldn't care for the exact rules. KERS and DRS isn't necessary. Just a good design with a proper handling.
 
On my opinion CM makes a good game but poorly executes all of their decisions. In F1 2012 I couldn't play with people other than those in my country for over three months. Finally they made a bug fix but sadly my friends moved on without notice...

The only thing CM does right is the racing itself. I am not talking about physics or so, but about Ai, tire wear, fuel usage, car failures and changing track conditions. Besides, their games usually are poorly optimized on consoles, have always a game breaking bug, little dev support, **** physics and have barely changed since 2011. I guess the best way to play the is on PC at 1080p/60Fps (or higher of course). Then you got mod support.

Please never give PD the F1 license. They are the worst dev studio you could hand out the license.
 
Don't forget Fuji was also an F1 track as it was the original venue for the Japanese Grand Prix both in 1976 and 1977 before Suzuka replaced it for the next 30 years, then it temporarily came back for 2007 and 2008.
oh yeah. Forgot about fuji. Thanks
 
Although I don't see it happening, I'd love PD to take on the F1 series. The way that CM has treated their North American customers is disgraceful. I think one of the reasons they shut down their forums was shut up all the NA people complaining. Just my opinion.
 
Actually I would love to see PD make games about just one racing series. It would allow them to focus on one thing at a time, rather than trying to please everyone, and I'm pretty sure something great could come out of that.
 
I have to agree with some. There is a F1 game that does it great. For me, GT is all about street cars. I can deal with touring cars, LMP's and such, but I'm really not a big fan or care much about race cars.

The tracks are okay though. More tracks = more fun.
 
Don't forget Fuji was also an F1 track as it was the original venue for the Japanese Grand Prix both in 1976 and 1977 before Suzuka replaced it for the next 30 years, then it temporarily came back for 2007 and 2008.

Just that none of the drivers liked it. In 2007 and 2008, when the drivers were there they just kept complaining that they weren't at Suzuka.
 
makes it nonetheless a f1 track.
 
I never said it wasn't. I just implied that it's a crappy F1 track.
 
Just that none of the drivers liked it. In 2007 and 2008, when the drivers were there they just kept complaining that they weren't at Suzuka.

Not sure why that matters as I wasn't even bringing that up. The point is it is another former F1 track in GT6.
 
Not sure why that matters as I wasn't even bringing that up. The point is it is another former F1 track in GT6.

I just brought it up as a point of interest.
 
Dear Forums,

Let's get something out, first. I am a huge F1 fan. There, it's out there. Feels nice.

Now, if I remember correctly, Kaz had mentioned in the past (during GT5's development) that he wanted to implement more "Formula Juan" into the GT series. Now that GT6 is out, I can't find F1 useful in this game. The only F1 car we have in there is horrible and except for some goodies, like the generic Monte Carlo, the Nurburgring GP course, Spa-F, there aren't many F1 tracks. I'm just curious to know your guy's opinion on the future of GT and F1. Licensing is a huge issue, of course, and probably the biggest obstacle in the way, but pretend as if this is a perfect world and share what you come up with. Active DRS and KERS, anyone? Heck, we already have NOS....even though it's useless.

Also, any word on the Senna features? Is that part of PD's list of things pushed onto the back burner?

I was once like you; then I bought Assetto Corsa and haven't looked back. While not a complete game, and much smaller in terms of tracks and cars. That said driving in AC you'll have a much more satisfying experience. I can't believe how bad GT6 physics are compared to AC. Once we get the Lotus 98T and Ferrari 312T it will be heaven. That and AC's support is much more fullfilling than PD's. If AC has a feature no one wants they remove it or make it switchable. I don't see PD responding directly to user feedback. "We" are developing a great game over there as we speak. Is it perfect, well no, but it's coming along nicely. Well, well worth the $40 if you already have a compatible CPU.


Don't care there's an F1 game just play that.


I got so sick of hearing this response to a legitimate question; I jumped out of GT6 and into AC. Not going back unless I want to cart against my kids or something.
 
Meh, I'd rather PD do what they did before or similar - multiple iterations of "fictitious" cars from different eras. I love the feel of driving an F1 car in simulation, any open wheel, but GT's AI system in it's current state seems to get worse the quicker the lap times. Novice races can be a blast. S-class races are a complete bore and merely credit collections. Even with a complete AI overhaul, the idea of a formula 1 presence is more important to me than the actual liveries, specific team and driver histories, in reference to its involvement in the GT series. Perhaps I will change my mind when the Senna content becomes available.
 
It seems like this post is going a bit off of what I intended. Kaz had mentioned future F1 plans in PD, so I was wondering your guy's opinion. I'm not saying "PD, implement F1" or demanding it in anyway. I'm just looking forward to content that is, supposedly, on its way. This isn't a request thread, if that's what you guys are thinking....
 
It seems like this post is going a bit off of what I intended. Kaz had mentioned future F1 plans in PD, so I was wondering your guy's opinion. I'm not saying "PD, implement F1" or demanding it in anyway. I'm just looking forward to content that is, supposedly, on its way. This isn't a request thread, if that's what you guys are thinking....
I remember it as well and I will like being able to drive one of the best F1's in history that isnt made by Newey. However, we will be once again limited to such a small field that has so much potential, why bother even giving it to us if we wont be able to have the full "simulator" experience...?

Swagger897. To me it feels like Forza, except the driving, which is amazing, but since there is a new one every year it makes me a bit mad that they can't just update the game for $15 every year...


Just for the record forza motorsport comes out every two years not every year.
This thread is about F1 and Gran Turismo. I only mentioned Forza to show how overdone and overhyped everything is. Not to say GT doesnt over exaggerate a few things here or there, but at least the things PD does do, its right. Forza made the biggest deal ever when they released the R18 E-tron in the game, yet does it have regenerative braking? No. Does F1 by CM really use a system to regenerate the kinetic energy used from braking to the MPU? No, they just add 400Kw of power back into a "boost" bar.
 
And you guys are sure that the benefits/cost ratio is good with F1?

I thought it's by far the most expensive motorsports license that exists.
 
And you guys are sure that the benefits/cost ratio is good with F1?

I thought it's by far the most expensive motorsports license that exists.
It is the worlds most popular and expensive sport to get into..
 
I really just want more WRC/Rally in GT. The offroad stuff barely gets used in career. and with the track maker not back yet I cant create random rally courses, drive on them once and then delete the course.
I just want the course creator + event creator then I can make GT into the best rally game of all time.
 
It's not the worlds most popular sport.
Well.... Comparing it to soccer/football, there are more fans directed to the 19 or so races than to all soccer/football teams in all of the leagues combined...

It's like saying "hey, do you watch Fernando Alonso?" Instead of Formula One....
 
Everyone I know IRL has played football a fair bit during their lives and most don't care about F1. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, more people watch Top Gear UK than F1 and half the population of Europe have at least a passing interest in football.
 
I'm just going by the articles I've read and people around me. Folks where you're from probably could care less about the sport now due to Bernie, but it's still racing over here (here it comes) and anything that goes fast and makes loud noises is cool to Americans...
 
Last edited:
GT has the cars and tracks (okay perhaps not for F1, but speaking generally) but has no decent championships really, they have the licenses for things but then they don't milk them with big long championships linked with a proper career mode, it's all half baked at best. This was one of the biggest disappointments since GT5 for me.
 
Far far away is the time when we had a 15-race long FGT championship...
 
did you see what they did in gt5 with those ferrari's, seriously gran turismo doesnt need f1 it would just be rushed and would just plain suck like in gt5, stick with codemasters
 
Back