F1 Caption Game 2018: VOTING - RD21 - Open to Mon 17th Dec 1000 GMTFormula 1 

ROUND FIVE - Voting

f1-spanish-gp-2017-fernando-alonso-mclaren-mark-temple-race-engineer-mclaren.jpg

• Please see the rules in Post #1 before casting your vote
  • You have three votes which may be split two ways (2-1) or three ways (1-1-1)
  • Remember your vote is final and cannot be edited or changed, otherwise it will be discounted
  • Please read all entries before voting
  • Deadline for voting is Monday 5th June 1000 BST
  • Good luck! :)

Submitted Entries
A
Engineer: "Alright Mr. Alonso, we have installed a new engine on your car as per your request. In theory, your performance should be equal to your effort in Indianapolis."

Fernando: "Ok, sounds good. What is it called?"

Engineer: "The BSOD-W10, sir."

Fernando: "Hijo de 🤬..."

B
FA: "How did the engine telemetry look on the way to the grid?"
Eng: "All looked normal."
FA: "Oil pressure?"
Eng: "Yep, also good."
FA: "Suspension sensors trigger any warnings?"
Eng: "Fernando, you can't just skip every remaining race this season-"
FA: "Is there meant to be a violent vibration when I apply the brakes?..."

C
"I don't know why you've got the brolly up. The rain in Spain falls mainly in the plain."

D
Alonso and McLaren plan their 2-Stop strategy for the race.
Eng: "Stop on lap 22 for Medium tyres, then stop again on lap 43 at the nearest Marshals post when your engine blows up."

E
Fernando: "Nice, but Andretti's is windproof, and very reliable"

F
"OK Fernando, good job on getting 7th in quali, unfortunately this is our last engine for the season so we're going to turn it down to around 50BHP to make it last."

G
Fernando Alonso and Mark Temple look absolutely ecstatic with their fantastic 7th place in Qualifying.

H
"Oh come on, they're making fun of me again? This is already the second time in just five races!"

"Yeah, sorry Fernando, you'll probably have to get used to it this year."

"At least there's no chance I'll be the butt of their jokes for Monaco."

"No, but I hear the "GTPlanet Indycar caption competition" is starting just in time for the 500........"

"DAMMIT."​

I
A patient Fernando Alonso waits for the cameras to go away before he eviscerates the man from Honda.

J
Engineer: I can see the front of the grid, it's just up there.
Fernando: .....................

K
"Why are you going to Indianapolis, Bill?"

L
Engineer: I am sorry Fernando; the elastic band on the Honda F1 engine needs replacing.

Fernando: Does the Indycar Honda engine have an elastic band?

M
"I'd rather sit in dog crap."

"You named your IndyCar 'Dog Crap'."

"Uh ... yes! Yes, I did."​

N
Engineer: How's the car doing, Fernando?
Alonso: Better than it was in Russia, for the most part.
Engineer: But you still can't get any points?
Alonso sighs.

O
Someone should tell Eric Boullier his "pep talks" aren't working

P
Alonso: "I don't know why you're holding those Honda notes so close to your chest, it's not as if anyone else wants to read them."​

Q
Fernando is not impressed to discover that Jenson wasn't joking about peeing in his seat​

R
Engineer: We heard you ran some marathons so we took the liberty to "Flintstoning" your car now you'll be able to finish the race.

Alonso: "Flintstoning"?!

Engineer: You better get your running shoes.

If your entry is missing or inaccurate, please contact me via PM ASAP. Please note that some entries may differ slightly from original posts as formatting of text is removed in the process of compiling the poll. Sometimes entries may not be included in the poll if they are deemed inappropriate, but sometimes entries are omitted accidentally. If your entry is omitted in error, the poll can be amended and people who have already voted will be given the chance to re-cast their votes. In the event that a missing entry is not spotted in time, then 10 bonus points will be awarded in compensation.

ROUND SIX - Voting

f1-monaco-gp-2017-jolyon-palmer-renault-sport-f1-team-in-his-special-star-wars-rebel-space.jpg

• Please see the rules in Post #1 before casting your vote
  • You have three votes which may be split two ways (2-1) or three ways (1-1-1)
  • Remember your vote is final and cannot be edited or changed, otherwise it will be discounted
  • Please read all entries before voting
  • Deadline for voting is Monday 5th June 1000 BST
  • Good luck! :)

Submitted Entries

A
Jolyon 'Porkins' Palmer, "I've got a problem here..." - and - every - other - track.

B
"An orange outfit... Guys, are we sure we didn't copy Mclaren's tracksuit by mistake? This isn't my idea of being on the "Dark Side"..."

C
While other drivers claim getting within two metres of an apex should be easy, Jolyon admits that back home he never once managed to bullseye a womp rat in his T-16.

D
"Use the downforce young padawan!"

E
The Rebel Alliance announce the pilot for their new fighter - the T-Wing

F
I used to bullseye barriers in my R.S.16 back home. They're not much bigger than two meters. - Jolyon Skywalker

G
"Help us, Jolyon, you're our only hope."

H
Palmer is sacked after a tasteless photoshoot where he posed with the disembodied head of Luke Skywalker

I
Strong with this one, the Force is not.

J
If Palmer had eyes in the back of his head, he'd see a Stormtrooper posing as Sebastian Vettel.

K
I feel like a right "Hans Solo" doing this.

L
"I love doing these tie-ins! I hope I get to dress up as Buzz Lightyear next."

"Why?"

"Because then I can go to Infiniti and beyond........."

M
Jolyon Palmer thinks to himself before the race:

"Right... remember the advice that the Stormtroopers gave me... turn left at turn 1... my driving should be about as accurate as their shooting!"

N
Jolyon: It never ends well for the crewman in the orange uniform does it?

O
"Jolyon, in honour of your achievements in Formula 1, George Lucas would like to present to you the actual helmet worn by Red Fifteen in 'A New Hope'. You might remember him as the X-wing pilot who was so slow that the Death Star had already been destroyed by the time he got there."

P
"But I was going to go to Indianapolis to get some power converters!"

Q
Palmer dressing as Red Leader is the closest he will ever get to being in front.

If your entry is missing or inaccurate, please contact me via PM ASAP. Please note that some entries may differ slightly from original posts as formatting of text is removed in the process of compiling the poll. Sometimes entries may not be included in the poll if they are deemed inappropriate, but sometimes entries are omitted accidentally. If your entry is omitted in error, the poll can be amended and people who have already voted will be given the chance to re-cast their votes. In the event that a missing entry is not spotted in time, then 10 bonus points will be awarded in compensation.

Back