F1 Caption Game - Archive ThreadFormula 1 

Status
Not open for further replies.
f1-australian-gp-2017-stoffel-vandoorne-mclaren-with-max-verstappen-red-bull-racing.jpg

Verstappen: "So, Stoffel, are you Van-done with jokes about your name yet?"

f1-australian-gp-2017-stoffel-vandoorne-mclaren-with-max-verstappen-red-bull-racing.jpg

Vandoorne: "Just you wait, I think we'll be much faster than we were in testing."

Verstappen: "Stoffel, everyone knows you've just brought your Super Formula car painted in black and orange."

Vandoorne ".......I don't know what you're talking about. :scared: "

The McLaren MCL32 has the unfortunate side effect of turning drivers into Prince Charles.

Stoffel: The grid girls just told me they preffered spotty faced young boys.

Verstappen: Mr Vandoorne, what gave you that dimple?
Vandoorne: *hesitates* Maybe-that-one-McLaren-M-C-L-thirty-two-thing?"

Out of shot, left: As Fernando Alonso's Japanese isn't that great, he takes to extreme sign language to explain what's wrong with the new Honda engine.

Round One - RESULT

1st: XJ40 - 25 pts (E - 14 votes)
2nd: Famine - 18 pts (Q - 11 votes)
3rd: GTP_Ingram - 15 pts (J - 5 votes)
4th: EDK - 12 pts (G - votes)
5th=: Liquid, Jimlaad43, Touring Mars, prisonermonkeys - 7 pts (D,H,L,N - 3 votes)
9th=: Niku Driver HC, BlacqueJacques - 1 pt (B, O - 2 votes)

(Entries with 1 vote = no score)

Winning Entry

XJ40
Stoffel: "I'd give it 5 minutes before using that toilet"

Standings
*denotes Round win (Round wins are used to settle ties)

1st: XJ40 - 25 pts
2nd: Famine - 18 pts
3rd: GTP_Ingram - 15 pts

4th: EDK - 12 pts
5th=: Liquid, Jimlaad43, Touring Mars, prisonermonkeys - 7 pts
9th=: Niku Driver HC, BlacqueJacques - 1 pt

Round Two - China
will follow next week​

Round Two - China
Flag_China.jpg

f1-chinese-gp-2017-mark-temple-race-engineer-mclaren-and-fernando-alonso-mclaren.jpg

Entries by Thursday, 13th April - 1000 BST - please mark your final entry appropriately, and remember that you cannot change it once it has been marked.

Please read the full rules available in Post #1 before entering.

While the spotters are trying to get him to pay attention, Alonso stands visualizing himself as Verstappen without a trace of negativity.

Final

f1-chinese-gp-2017-mark-temple-race-engineer-mclaren-and-fernando-alonso-mclaren.jpg

Even in the toughest race weekends, Fernando's engineers know he'll cheer right up when they play his favourite deck chair infomercial.

"Fernando, look! Your car is first in the standings!"

"Finally! Our hard work has fin... hey, what does that setting title say? "Reversed Order"...!?"

Final Entry

Engineer: "Look Fernando, there are your hopes and dreams. "

Fernando: "Where?"

Engineer: "Oh never mind they are long gone."

McLaren engineers finally figure out Alonso has replaced himself with a cardboard-cutout version, when they realise he has absolutely no reason to look that cheerful.

Last edited:
proxy-12.jpg

Man on left: "If you're not happy here then go back to Ferrari - wait, why are you smiling?"

Final entry

Last edited:

"I wasn't happy with the car during testing, but then Stoffel gave me these purple pills and now I feel great and every lap is amazing and I can't believe that I ever doubted Honda and I'm afraid that if I stop smiling I'll die but otherwise I feel great and did I mention how happy I am?"

"Hey Fernando, look over there. Al Khalifa and Ojjeh are calling for security to throw Ron Dennis out of the hospitality suite!"

Alonso: Ah, this is the highlight of my career since rejoining McLaren!
Team: Look, just order the bloody Happy Meal and get back to the circuit!

"We put the Honda engine technology team in that hot air balloon for you, Fernando. Now here's your blunderbuss - enjoy!"

Quick reminder: entries for this round close tomorrow morning so please get your entries in if you haven't done so already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back