F1 cars in quick match

• Thread starter gapper59
  • 7 comments
United States
Addison IL.
Why do they handle so poorly? Even with the extra weight and default settings I couldn't recreate it to practice with. Kinda takes the fun out of it IMO

Really? didn't think that was a hard question. I was talking about getting the GT6 F1 I bought to match the poor handling in the quick match one.
Have another beer Tiger.

I will thanks. Cheers. 👍

Happy to have tried to help whilst no one else did. I wonder why that is, Tiger…

I mean it couldn't possibly be weather or time or offline versus online could it? I mean, that's never been discussed before, ever. Or the settings they use.

I mean it couldn't possibly be weather or time or offline versus online could it? I mean, that's never been discussed before, ever. Or the settings they use.[/QUOTE]

Don't know if you ever tried any quick matches but in the ones I did its never been night or rained. Maybe it was a dumb question but I just don't understand way they'd take such a good handling car and give it so much understeer. I guess its not important but I cant be the only one wondering why they'd set it up this way. That's all

By the way, thanks for pointing out the obvious. you've been a lot of help

Last edited:
It could be any or all of the reasons given above. It's a QM courtesy car and they're usually neutered a little so anyone can drive them. Lots of skill levels in QM's. I even heard that coryclifford does them:eek:...:lol:

I'm sure there's a saying about a workman blaming his tools but buying an FGT to practice for a QM when you get a courtesy car for free is a bit daft. Practice with it in the QM itself maybe? You don't have to recreate anything then.

It could be any or all of the reasons given above. It's a QM courtesy car and they're usually neutered a little so anyone can drive them. Lots of skill levels in QM's. I even heard that coryclifford does them:eek:...:lol:

I'm sure there's a saying about a workman blaming his tools but buying an FGT to practice for a QM when you get a courtesy car for free is a bit daft. Practice with it in the QM itself maybe? You don't have to recreate anything then.

As far as buying a F1 to practice isn't a problem since I have more game money then I need, wish that was true in real life. I just do it before I try a QM to get a feel for the car so I'm not messing up anybody else's race. I've done it with the TC's and old Prototypes and it worked out pretty well, but the F1 was totally different.

Anyway, a sincere thanks for your response.

Oh, I can see your reasoning but the FGT always comes with the same tune in QM's so the best place to practice with it is in the QM itself. You could always do what I do when I'm testing the cars. Pause on the grid to give yourself some clear track and take every warm up when it's offered. I'm sure you'll have more chance with tuning your driving style to the car rather than being slightly off with an offline (where you have to match every track parameter) tune.

(Everyone needs an FGT in their garage anyway. The car's a legend so no loss there.)

Back