F1:CE / Ferrari Challenge comparison.

• Thread starter Biggles
  • 4 comments
Simcoeace
I'm sure some of you have played FC by now. How does it compare with F1:CE?

I was thinking they might be somewhat similar graphics/physics/AI-wise...

While they are of course total different in terms of the cars (FC is rumoured to be getting F1 cars however) I would personally rate FC better in regard to both the graphics and AI, and while its a closer call I would include the physics in that list as well.

Regards

Scaff

Very different games, Ai and Visuals i would give FC however physics you can't really compare them as they are using cars which the physics will be completey different.

Both games are worth buying however

While they are of course total different in terms of the cars (FC is rumoured to be getting F1 cars however) I would personally rate FC better in regard to both the graphics and AI, and while its a closer call I would include the physics in that list as well.

I would say that's pretty high praise, as I consider F1:CE to be very good in graphics & AI. Even though F1:CE isn't "realistic" in the way that GT5P is, I enjoy the graphics style & find it quite attractive, especially the lighting effects (although, of course, the replays aren't as convincing).

Sounds like you're giving it a thumbs up, Scaff.

Very different games, Ai and Visuals i would give FC however physics you can't really compare them as they are using cars which the physics will be completey different.

I agree that it's hard to know how to evaluate F1:CE's physics. Going back to F1:CE after playing GT5P for a while, the handling seems a bit light & insubstantial in comparison. However, there's no doubting the skill & fine-touch required to pilot the cars around the track in F1:CE.

I was tempted to pick up a copy of FC when I was in London last week, but I decided to wait until the NA release (partly because you guys have to pay a premium over what the pampered North American consumer pays).

Back