F1 Drivers Tackle the Returning Circuit Paul Ricard in F1 2018

Paul Ricard is one of the most modern and safest tracks out there.
Its called the "HTTT" High Tech Test Track.
BUT
Its also the most boring track out there! I know this track from previous F1 tests or races and from different GT Class Races and Formel series'.
The problem is that the track has absolutely no character to it. No special corners (many corners look the same). As a viewer i was always complaining about the distance between the camera and the cars/corners. All that are caused by the huge ridiculously oversized run off zones (=Test Track).
When you watch or drive on the circuit then it feels like they filled a huge rectangle with asphalt and put white lines on it to mark the corners. By far one of the most modern and safest tracks and the most boring one out there. Its a shame againt Magny Cours !

Its called the "HTTT" High Tech Test Track.
BUT
Its also the most boring track out there! I know this track from previous F1 tests or races and from different GT Class Races and Formel series'.
The problem is that the track has absolutely no character to it. No special corners (many corners look the same). As a viewer i was always complaining about the distance between the camera and the cars/corners. All that are caused by the huge ridiculously oversized run off zones (=Test Track).
When you watch or drive on the circuit then it feels like they filled a huge rectangle with asphalt and put white lines on it to mark the corners. By far one of the most modern and safest tracks and the most boring one out there. Its a shame againt Magny Cours !

Love Magny Cours.

Would be interesting to see if the cars of today would be able to take that fast chicane flat out.

The 2008 event was held at Magny Cours @Terronium-12.

I think it would be safer if the paved run-off areas had some gravel pits halfway through. Maybe that would have prevented Ericsson's spin into the barriers today, or at least slowed down the impact.

The 2008 event was held at Magny Cours @Terronium-12.

I think it would be safer if the paved run-off areas had some gravel pits halfway through. Maybe that would have prevented Ericsson's spin into the barriers today, or at least slowed down the impact.

Exactly ! Grass on one sinde and gravel on the other would be the first step to make it a real race track.
I read comments like that on youtube "WoW how did Ericsson managed to hit a wall" :D
Iam not a fan of the run off zones. I just used it to structure my argumentation

Back