F1 Manager 2022

Alfa have the monstrous lineup of Bottas and Gasly
That's the same lineup Alfa have in the second year of my current Alpine save. Wish I didn't have to deal with Latifi anymore, but alas he has joined Haas alongside K Mag. Think signing Doohan as my reserve was a mistake. The AI probably would have taken him over Latifi, if he was available. I've played myself. :lol:

And yeah, those are so some seriously impressive stats for the second year. You should easily out pace Merc, maybe even be fighting for top two. Depending on if Ferrari has improved or not.

Last edited:
I managed to start the 3rd season with -2.9m€ . A bit sceptic about the cash flows in the game. I was expecting to receive a bit of cash for investments , but nothing. I saved 20millions around the end of the year which I invested in the design center straight away, but that left me pennyless on 1st January. I signed up Bono and Musconi (Russel's engineer) and traded the Merc engine for Ferrari. I don't really see the incoming cash increasing but certainly, the expenses have gone up. Back to work now, the car is still very bad in the rankings but I got my 15 engineers at work.

AT have Hamitlon/Vettel as line-up (funnily they signed Latifi first and Hamilton joined before the 1st race). Stroll replaced Ricc at McLaren , who went to Alfa along Gasly. Bottas is back to Mercedes in the seat of Lewis! . Was tempted to get Lando, who was tempted to join, instead of Piastri, but man, I don't have the money!

A money saving tip. Alonso signed for around 7 million. As his progress multiplier is so slow anyway, I maxed out his driver appearance sponsorship - it pauses experience gain for a week at a time but that really doesn’t matter with him. Pays out 6 million so he’s now an absolute bargain, and good enough to win anyway with his base stats.

Formation finish

4C152E92-D97C-4B7D-9612-374AF1104EF1.jpeg

917FA3AD-56DB-4FBC-B1A9-4E0A4D1C0432.jpeg

Think it’s a bit misleading. Quali & practice pace had us battling with the Alfas and Mercs for 3rd best, but all the AI cars started the race on worn softs (80%-ish), so we zoomed off in the first stint. Max was a nuisance though and kept up all race.

The constant need to shell out for facility refurbishments is getting rather annoying in season 2. A bit too "gamey" for a management sim - really needs to be dialed back or have the monthly maintenance costs removed.

Otherwise having fun battling with Red Bull & Ferrari, all very level on performance now. I fear though that both championships may be heading to Woking already this year, a bit quick even without abusing sliders. Not much incentive to continue this particular career if I win them both, so likely retiring it and doing a dual-rookie run at some point in the future.

First ever pole with Piastri and first pole in this Alpine save. Closest qualifying I can recall ever having as well. :crazy: Although in hindsight, maybe I should not have taken all the engine penalties preemptively. :lol:

F1® Manager 2022_20221017191426.jpg

F1® Manager 2022_20221017191516.jpg

Ended up being a wet a race, which is why I took the penalties. Ocon charged from 19th to finish 2nd, while Piastri just scrapped into the points after spinning and losing a front wing pretty early on (big thanks to Merc for trying to get both cars home on old wets on a drying track. Them holding cars up, helped Oscar out big time).
Not much incentive to continue this particular career if I win them both, so likely retiring it and doing a dual-rookie run at some point in the future.
Yeah, that's how I felt after I won with Williams. There's not much incentive once you have gotten a team to the top to keep going with them. The real fun is getting them there.

Last edited:
Has anyone fired Piastri yet? I might choose to do that, after he finished 2nd in a wet Canada GP. Cool yeah 2nd, but he spun once or twice early in the GP, locked the brakes I don't know 2 - 3 times early on. That put him in the best position though to change the tires most appropriately not once but twice during the race.

He costs me a front wing every GP in Free Practice, when it's not a chassis... At least he's cheap but what a frustration to see spinning/locking during the races... I'll get Lando for 2024 in Williams , if he's still willing to join when I have the cash.

Annoying that our facilities stop performing due to lack of maintenance, and there's nothing we can do to prevent that... I hope it affects the other teams too.

Weird thing I got denied a pit spot during that wet Canada GP. Albon did not go to the pits when asked, and stopped one lap too late. Did it happen to you?

I have the feeling the game is changing a bit , without patches, I saw red flags, I saw a Haas on fire (memories). The game still needs a few minor glitches to be fixed, for instance you change tires in Free Practice and the new set starts at the pace of the previous (attack/agressive usually)...

Yeah, that's how I felt after I won with Williams. There's not much incentive once you have gotten a team to the top to keep going with them. The real fun is getting them there.
The cars are a bit easy to develop into winners, but drivers seem to take longer. Doing a Goatifi run, or starting with 2 of the less used / lower potential F2 drivers like Sargeant or Drugovich seems the way to go for a longer career.

Weird thing I got denied a pit spot during that wet Canada GP. Albon did not go to the pits when asked, and stopped one lap too late. Did it happen to you?
If you try the call the car in when it's too close to pit entry, you will be denied the stop on that lap. Yet they will pit the following lap. I've had this happen before.

Signed Piastri for McLaren and my word, he has become dog****e. I'm in the third season and he is crashing every race, and I mean every race. I'm not sure if there's some bug or some hidden attribute but I'm going to have to ditch him, even though I've improved his stats considerably.

Has anyone fired Piastri yet? I might choose to do that, after he finished 2nd in a wet Canada GP. Cool yeah 2nd, but he spun once or twice early in the GP, locked the brakes I don't know 2 - 3 times early on. That put him in the best position though to change the tires most appropriately not once but twice during the race.

He costs me a front wing every GP in Free Practice, when it's not a chassis... At least he's cheap but what a frustration to see spinning/locking during the races... I'll get Lando for 2024 in Williams , if he's still willing to join when I have the cash.

Annoying that our facilities stop performing due to lack of maintenance, and there's nothing we can do to prevent that... I hope it affects the other teams too.

I have the feeling the game is changing a bit , without patches, I saw red flags, I saw a Haas on fire (memories). The game still needs a few minor glitches to be fixed, for instance you change tires in Free Practice and the new set starts at the pace of the previous (attack/agressive usually)...
I did after my post above :D. He was woeful for me, semi-decent pace but he crashed and crashed and crashed. Every single race there was an incident, and I've no idea if it was down to some hidden attribute or not, because I'd developed him to a relatively decent overall number.

Finally won all the championships with McLaren in season 4 with far and away the best car on the grid. Struggling to find motivation to play it now - might give it a go again with Haas in a few months time but outside of that, there's not much replayability. It's still a solid game though and a decent foundation for the future.

Last edited:
If you try the call the car in when it's too close to pit entry, you will be denied the stop on that lap. Yet they will pit the following lap. I've had this happen before.
No that was a proper bug, I called very early in the lap.

I did after my post above :D. He was woeful for me, semi-decent pace but he crashed and crashed and crashed
Exactly - Just did an Austrian GP , where by the way Albon crashed and retired very early in the race, and Piastri was just off road half the time. He finished 13th when he should have been at the very least 10th with a great pit + red flag strategy. I'll try Pourchaire next race. Same than you, he has 81 in Precision (78 overall) which is said to be the stat that matters when it comes to consistency/not crashing. Very strange that he crashes every single week-end at least once.

No that was a proper bug, I called very early in the lap.

Exactly - Just did an Austrian GP , where by the way Albon crashed and retired very early in the race, and Piastri was just off road half the time. He finished 13th when he should have been at the very least 10th with a great pit + red flag strategy. I'll try Pourchaire next race. Same than you, he has 81 in Precision (78 overall) which is said to be the stat that matters when it comes to consistency/not crashing. Very strange that he crashes every single week-end at least once.
Yep agreed. I binned him off for Leclerc in the end.

Three races into the '24 season. I'm getting the opposite thing with Piastri. He's yet to make any mistakes, while Ocon is the one who's constantly locking up and slamming into things. It's like they've swapped abilities or something over the off season. :lol:

And yeah, I've gotten that a couple of times now where a driver doesn't pit after you call them in. Also, got a bug in Jeddah where a yellow flag in sector 2 wouldn't go away for the last third of the race.

Last edited:
Three races into the '24 season. I'm getting the opposite thing with Piastri. He's yet to make any mistakes, while Ocon is the one who's constantly locking up and slamming into things. It's like they've swapped abilities or something over the off season. :lol:
Jinxed Piastri. Just over 10 laps to at Imola and he decides to lock up at the final corner while he's in 3rd. :lol: Ocon went on to win but it should have been a double podium. Seems like I can only have one driver do well every race. :lol:

Last edited:
Has anyone been hit with a major or complete regulation change thus far? I'm in my 5th season with Williams, and the vote was passed for a major change. This means a 50% reduction across all car parts aspects. The complete change is a 70% reduction across the board. I don't even know where to start and how to focus the research. :lol:

May have to do a quick Merc career just to tidy up a few trophies, ike the design facility max upgrade and the driver skill to 100 (Lewis starts closest in any one attribute).

Has anyone been hit with a major or complete regulation change thus far? I'm in my 5th season with Williams, and the vote was passed for a major change. This means a 50% reduction across all car parts aspects. The complete change is a 70% reduction across the board. I don't even know where to start and how to focus the research. :lol:
No, worse I've seen so far is 30%. On my Alpine save currently the regs have just voted to do a 30% brake cooling change for '25. I'm probably going to struggle with that honestly, can't imagine what to do if a 70% change happened. :crazy:
May have to do a quick Merc career just to tidy up a few trophies, ike the design facility max upgrade and the driver skill to 100 (Lewis starts closest in any one attribute).
Oh didn't realize that a 100 in a driver skill trophy was a thing. That's easy enough to do, Ocon's smoothness rating is 96.

Last edited:
Patch 1.10 is on its way but we don't know the areas of change.

I did my best race yet in Spa 24 with Albon starting P19 (new engine) and finishing 2nd! Not even a safety car, just good pit strategy with the rain and perfect dodging of the slower cars.

In Singapore I overlooked my fuel level and ran out of fuel 2 corners before the end , Albon would have claimed a beautiful P9... The car is pretty bad again, full focus on 2025 with 3 researchs constantly ongoing.

Piastri retired again... I think Mag crashed into him this time.

Here's hoping for cars actually being allowed to unlap themselves.
Their community manager replied on Reddit that they are working on the unlapping issue and the overpowered DRS, but it's taking a while to figure out. I doubt it'll be solved to be honest, seems more like something to sort out for the next game which is already in development.

My current McLaren season is turning into a near 1988/89 rerun - halfway through, the drivers are level on points at the top of the standings. Lando is doing a Senna, very fast in qualification and in the races but throwing a few chances away. Alonso is much like the Professor, accumulating everywhere with regular patches of brilliance. Not complete dominance though, Ferrari have a couple of wins and Max won early in the year before surprisingly dropping away.

No, worse I've seen so far is 30%. On my Alpine save currently the regs have just voted to do a 30% brake cooling change for '25. I'm probably going to struggle with that honestly, can't imagine what to do if a 70% change happened. :crazy:
Yeah, it's a bummer for the following season. If I can win the constructor's championship this season (currently in 1st place at Canada), then I'll put my Williams career on hold and start a new one with a better team. I really don't want to do a complete car redesign.

Trying to set up my next challenge, for when the titanic Lando/Nando title battle concludes.

Was going to do an Alfa over-30s only career, but for some reason Seb is refusing to even consider joining from the start. He'll sign for pretty much any other team, even Williams, but not Sauber - maybe he had a bad experience in that one race back in 2007. Messes up the plan, may have to sign a stopgap like Hulk for the first year and try and tempt Vettel once the team is upgraded. Don't want to use Alonso or Ricci again, KMag would be the right age for year 2, doubt Lewis or Checo would come across.

My gosh they give up fixing the game. In the current state, I'm sorry but that's incredibly flawed, barely playable for anyone with decent F1 knowledge, let's be totally honest. No sure I'll continue, time to move on...

What's the difficulty like in this is it genuinely hard to bring a bottom rank team to glory?
no it’s pretty easy to win with the likes of Williams, even using Latifi, in a handful of seasons

One final update before the game is abandoned

Last edited:
One final update before the game is abandoned
Oh, that kinda of sucks. Was expecting hoping for maybe a few more big updates before they start focusing on next years. Can't fault the way Frontier has handled this though, their communication with the fanbase has been really good.

Last edited:
Oh, that kinda of sucks. Was expecting hoping for maybe a few more big updates before they start focusing on next years. Can't fault the way Frontier has handled this though, their communication with the fanbase has been really good.
It’s not going well for their comms guys on Reddit after that post :scared:

I’ve probably got my moneys worth from the game. Had to expect limited post-release support as the first of an officially-licenced series, it’s not an indie game like Motorsport Manager. Still sucks though.

Will be staying installed as it’s the last Seb game :( . I will make him WDC again, somehow. Best bet is probably to bring Alonso's real-life AM move forward a year - I can sign Vettel to the Alpine seat and Aston will then fill their vacant seat with Nando. Should be able to get title no5 within 3 years.

Last edited:
Back