Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

F1 Manager 22 Review: Balancing Act

If you’re a massive fan of Formula 1 and management games like Football Manager, you’ve not been particularly well catered-to over the last 20 years. Aside from the simplistic mobile title F1 Manager — now called F1 Clash — there’s really not been anything since EA’s 1999 F1 Manager title to satisfy your needs...

(hopefully it’s sent one to Scuderia Ferrari too)
Oh My God Wow GIF

Since you can't change teams in your career, would that mean creating multiple save files? Otherwise, what's the point of managing Haas if you'll never have the resources of a Red Bull?

If your after a game like this then Motorsport Manager 2016 is the go to title.
However its only available for PC. so that makes F1 Manager the only option for console players.

F1 Manager is loosely very similar to Motorsport Manager, there are a lot of things in Motorsport Manager that I really like, such as being able to switch teams, create your own team, design your own livery, see your buildings being constructed and your home base expand and improve, play different categories, from touring cars to open wheelers, rule changes throughout the playing years which have a big impact on your decision making, you can be sacked and then apply for different teams.
Being a PC title means that there are a lot of awesome mods available too.

F1 Manager is obviously F1 focussed, and does dial up the graphical racing elements a lot more, it does a lot of things well, but there is lots of room to improve also.

IMHO anyway

Since you can't change teams in your career, would that mean creating multiple save files? Otherwise, what's the point of managing Haas if you'll never have the resources of a Red Bull?
You can grow them to eventually have the same resources. Building upgrades and good performance increase your prestige and consequently your resources.

"We imagine a lot of players are going to run into a situation where they have no more money to refurbish crumbling departments and get sacked after dozens of hours invested."

This is my great worry. I'm upgrading facilities as fast as I can at the moment but all the best projection graphs appear to show me being comfortably in the green for now...

"We imagine a lot of players are going to run into a situation where they have no more money to refurbish crumbling departments and get sacked after dozens of hours invested."

This is my great worry. I'm upgrading facilities as fast as I can at the moment but all the best projection graphs appear to show me being comfortably in the green for now...
At this stage of the game, it looks super easy to stay in profit by a very long way - but I've simply not got far enough in to say if that'll remain the case.

Back