F1 Schedules Virtual Races With Real F1 Drivers to Replace the Cancelled Real Races

I really enjoyed it and thought the commentary was excellent. Driving standards were poor - especially in the first two laps and some drivers were exceeding track limits - it sometimes seemed faster off the track than on, which presumably is a weakness with the game. I thought it was a good effort which I am sure will get better. There were some excellent battles and close racing as well as clumsy driving. Definitely better than no racing!

I followed the official stream but maybe it is just me but the commentary just didn't work for me. I didn't know any of the presenters so I went in completely neutural. They all came across to me like some YouTube Hipster Streamer which only tried to be funny and it made me really annoyed. The only "normal" person from the 4 was (the first guy to the right of the presenter and to left from the F2 commentator. Sorry I don't know his name. Maybe my expectations were to high since I absolute dig the chemistry between Tom and Jimmy during the GT Sport streams. Also I thought it would have the same spectator quality but all in all I am just disappointed! I'll give the ACC stream a go next sunday and see how that will work out.

I followed the official stream but maybe it is just me but the commentary just didn't work for me. I didn't know any of the presenters so I went in completely neutural. They all came across to me like some YouTube Hipster Streamer which only tried to be funny and it made me really annoyed. The only "normal" person from the 4 was (the first guy to the right of the presenter and to left from the F2 commentator. Sorry I don't know his name. Maybe my expectations were to high since I absolute dig the chemistry between Tom and Jimmy during the GT Sport streams. Also I thought it would have the same spectator quality but all in all I am just disappointed! I'll give the ACC stream a go next sunday and see how that will work out.

It can't have helped the presenters that technical problems resulted in the race being halved in length with a considerable increase in the amount of time during which they had to waffle / fill in.

My Mum recorded this for me and I watched it the other night.

All I can say is that it was a glorious shambles. The commentary team was a bit irritating, but they did a sterling job of filling in while they were clearly struggling to get the race together.

The race itself was chaotic to begin with, but even in a 1/4 distance race, it produced some genuinely engrossing moments with some really exciting racing - but there was also some craziness that real F1 doesn't (thankfully) have. Johnny Herbert leading on Lap 1 was, frankly, utterly hilarious.

There is a danger though - and a rather obvious one. If this turns out to be more entertaining than actual F1, then why are they bothering spending untold millions on real racing??

As such, I hope they sort out some of the many issues they've got - but even with all these shortcomings, it was still a great watch!

Does anyone reckon that the forgiving nature of the damage mode selected as mentioned in the article will encourage bad habits in game and on the track?

Does anyone reckon that the forgiving nature of the damage mode selected as mentioned in the article will encourage bad habits in game and on the track?
Most likely but some allowance may have been made considering some or most may have had to re-acclaimitise to the sim racing experience in the short space of time the events were planned.

Back