F1 Summer Caption Game 2015: VOTING THREAD - RD12: Open Until Mon 21st September 0900 GMT

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 68 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquid

Fission Mailed
Premium
Slovakia
Bratvegas
GTP_Liquid
CIGBS8iUkAAqkGb.png

COMPETITION RULES

• Each round, captions will be gathered and posted in this thread and subjected to a public vote. Anyone is allowed to vote, but those who have entered a round are expected to vote in that round, and may not vote for their own caption. Captions voted for by their authors will be disqualified. Repeat offenders will be banned from the thread.

• You have three votes and you can either split your votes 2-1, or give three captions one vote each. You must use all three votes.

• Each caption will be assigned a letter code, and votes should be cast as follows:

A - 1
    B - 1
    C -1
    or​

A - 2
    B - 1

• You cannot edit your votes once they have been cast, so please post carefully. Edited voting posts will be discounted.

• Please note that this thread is for casting votes only, so please do not use it for any other purpose. Any questions, please send me a Private Message 👍

Round Eight - Voting

a-austria_flags_wallpaper-38060.jpg

f1-austrian-gp-2015-nico-hulkenberg-sahara-force-india-f1-with-martin-brundle-sky-sports-c.jpg

• Please see the rules in Post #1 before casting your vote
  • You have three votes which may be split two ways (2-1) or three ways (1-1-1)
  • Remember your vote is final and cannot be edited or changed, otherwise it will be discounted
  • Please read all entries before voting
  • Deadline for voting is Monday 3rd July 0900 GMT
  • Good luck! :)

Submitted Entries

A
Nico: You guys were right, even the champagne at Le Mans tastes better than F1's!

B
Hulkenberg: "If you turn the cameras off, I'll demonstrate Vijay's new all-natural tire inflation method."

C
Hulkenberg: "And no farting or you'll create flatspots on these super softs!"

D
Brundle and Hulkenberg look at each other with concern as Johnny looks lovingly at Nico.

E
This is the last known image of 3 lost Le Mans drivers, last seen in Austria this past weekend.

F
"At Le Mans, sitting on the tyres didn't wear them out"

G
SkySports F1's Natalie Pinkham is about to endure a triple stint as her dinner dates for the evening wait patiently.

H
Hulkenberg: You guys are like an F1 car at a pitstop - because you are re-tired... ... ...that's the joke.

I
HÜLK SMAAAASHed Le Mans

J
The three men pictured here have overall of 3 GP wins. The picture was originally supposed to be a lead to a question of how those victories distribute between the men, but Johnny still can't handle his smugness when sitting with people who haven't won a GP.

K
Nico: So guys, now I know what it feels like to win Le Mans. Is it the same as winning a GP?

Martin's mind: Is he taking the p***?
Johnny's mind: Martin's gonna love that question!

L
"I was speaking with Gerhard Berger and Jean Alesi and they told me you two were Schumacher's boot shiner and water boy back at Benetton. Is that true?"

M
"And I, for one, welcome our new Qatari overlords."

N
"...and if we want to win, we must push the pace for the last 12 hours of the race.

Nico, we know you are still on a victory high after Le Mans, but F1 races do not go for 24 hours. We could ask Bernie, though..."

If your entry is missing or inaccurate, please contact me via PM ASAP. Sometimes entries may not be included in the poll if they are deemed inappropriate, but sometimes entries are omitted accidentally. If your entry is omitted in error, the poll can be amended and people who have already voted will be given the chance to re-cast their votes. In the event that a missing entry is not spotted in time, then 10 bonus points will be awarded in compensation.

C - 1, L - 2

Round Nine - Voting

300px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom_%282-3%29.svg.png

f1-british-gp-2015-the-post-race-fia-press-conference-nico-rosberg-mercedes-amg-f1-second.jpg

• Please see the rules in Post #1 before casting your vote
  • You have three votes which may be split two ways (2-1) or three ways (1-1-1)
  • Remember your vote is final and cannot be edited or changed, otherwise it will be discounted
  • Please read all entries before voting
  • Deadline for voting is Monday 20th July 0900 GMT
  • Good luck! :)

Submitted Entries

A
It says "McLaren" here, must be a misprint...

B
As Vettel and Hamilton admire the 2015 Spoiled Git award, Rosberg wonders how much he could get for the trophy down at Cash 4 Gold.

C
"It's a clever forgery for sure, but it's still a forgery."

"How can you tell?"

"It's not in the shape of a Santander logo."

D
Vettel: "Ha, it says to Serena Williams for beating Venus again, they got you the wrong trophy."

Hamilton: "How the hell did she beat a planet?

Rosberg: *SIGH*

E
Vettel showcases to Lewis that a small engraved mark exists on his trophy, which allows the Brit to trade it for any of Vettel's many helmets at "Seb's Helmets & Sex Dungeon Emporium". Sadly, Rosberg was never told of this famed secret, which left him displeased, as he lost several chances to experience the second half of the shop...

F
Seconds earlier:

Hamilton: "Psst... Hey Seb, wanna play with my trophy later?"

Vettel:" Actually, can I right now?"

G
Rosberg: He used to let me touch his trophies like that.

H
Hamilton: "It says here, "If lost, please return to Bradbourne Dr, Tilbrook, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK7 8BJ"...bloody hell, I think I picked up the Constructors' trophy by mistake."

I
"And this button here generates a scowl on your team mate's face!"

J
Vettel: "Wait, isn't this Nico's trophy."
Rosberg: "Huh?"
Hamilton: "Hülkenberg's? I couldn't nick that one, it's too big."

K
Vettel: Yes, that warning label is required on all trophies ever since James Hunt tried to sleep with it.

L
Vettel - Look here Lewis, there's even a place to attach it to one of those obnoxious gold chain necklaces that you have.

M
These "Where's Lewis?" pictures are far too easy.

N
Look Seb; both of our names are on here more than grumpy pants Nico

O
While Nico's not paying attention, lets change 2013 to "K Rosberg"

P
Vettel. There is only one guy on this trophy who is here in this room who hasn't won a world championship.

If your entry is missing or inaccurate, please contact me via PM ASAP. Sometimes entries may not be included in the poll if they are deemed inappropriate, but sometimes entries are omitted accidentally. If your entry is omitted in error, the poll can be amended and people who have already voted will be given the chance to re-cast their votes. In the event that a missing entry is not spotted in time, then 10 bonus points will be awarded in compensation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back