F1 Summer Caption Game 2015: VOTING THREAD - RD12: Open Until Mon 21st September 0900 GMT

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 68 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Round Ten - Voting

hungary-flag.gif

271138.jpg

• Please see the rules in Post #1 before casting your vote
  • You have three votes which may be split two ways (2-1) or three ways (1-1-1)
  • Remember your vote is final and cannot be edited or changed, otherwise it will be discounted
  • Please read all entries before voting
  • Deadline for voting is Monday 10th August 0900 GMT
  • Good luck! :)

Submitted Entries

A
And with this app, I can give Maldonado a penalty at the click of a button.

B
Kvyat: Wow, your sexy time championship celebration with Jessica is very nice.
Hülkenberg: Meh, I've seen better.

C
"And here's the laptime data that shows you'd have to be an idiot to go for Medium tyres for the last 27 laps!"

D
Button: "Watch this, guys. You can actually pinpoint the second where Nico's heart rips in half."

E
"If that's the Honda engine, Jense, where's your phone?"

F
A selection of drivers gather round Button's iPhone to watch Daniel Ricciardo drop his 3rd place trophy in the interview pen.

G
Jenson: 'Cool! Chris Froome just won the Tour de France! '
Nico: 'If you were in the Tour would you consider using performance enhancing drugs?'
Jenson: 'I just want a performance enhancing car...'

H
Jenson - "We tried Windows 10, but since that doesn't work, we will use Android to update our engines instead..."

I
Remember the Blackberry? Look they have the same odds of success as Nico winning a driver's championship this year!

J
"This was Lewis's reaction to a McLaren beating him".

K
"This bit is hilarious, he blames Nico when he drives off the track."

L
Some people say Formula One is dull these days. Some say there are no characters left. The day Jenson Button found out Lewis Hamilton started following him again on Twitter, and the excitement it caused in the paddock, puts an end to those vicious rumours.

M
Button: After the guys at the base saw a video of some people hacking into a moving car, they made this app that can disable one Mercedes car per week.

If your entry is missing or inaccurate, please contact me via PM ASAP. Sometimes entries may not be included in the poll if they are deemed inappropriate, but sometimes entries are omitted accidentally. If your entry is omitted in error, the poll can be amended and people who have already voted will be given the chance to re-cast their votes. In the event that a missing entry is not spotted in time, then 10 bonus points will be awarded in compensation.

Dang haven't been paying attention again and missed the deadline.

AHM

I have assigned my points to the following:

DHJ

And while I'm aware that all-caps avoidance is no longer necessary, I can't bring myself to just post three letters.

Round Eleven - Voting

stock-footage-highly-detailed-belgian-flag-ripples-in-the-wind-looped-d-animation-for-continuous-playback.jpg

484970390-sebastian-vettel-of-germany-and-ferrari-and-gettyimages.jpg

• Remember your vote is final and cannot be edited or changed, otherwise it will be discounted
  • Deadline for voting is Monday 7th September 0900 GMT

Submitted Entries

A
Vettel finally discovers what Alonso did in the #1 driver trailer's energy drink supply before he left.

B
Seb: Ferrari were asking me which washed-up, past-their-best driver I wanted as my team mate next year, but apparently you already have a contract.

C
Vettel: "You're wearing all that McLaren gear out in public? Are you asking for someone to heckle you?"

D
Vettel: Look on the bright side, Al; if there is a F1 Guiness Book of Records, your 55 points penalty will be a record-holder. If they have space for it amidst all the records I set...

E
Alonso: I'm thinking about going to the WEC.
Vettel: No, I went to the toilet before the race.

F
You better make way Seb, I'm supposed to be standing shoulder to shoulder with Honda just now

G
"Sebastian, my latest grid penalty is so big i'm starting back in a Ferrari last year."

H
Seb: So how does it feel to have scored more penalty points than championship points?

Fernando: Shut up Seb!
How does it feel to wreck your tire in the last lap.

Seb: :censored:hole!

H
Fernando: Shame about your tire exploding while in 3rd place.
Seb: Shame your engine has yet to be a race engine!

I
Alonso: "I recommend putting those sunglasses on your eyes instead of the top of your cap, you wouldn't need to squint to keep the glare out of your eyes."

J
"You like my false arm Fernando? I originally bought it so I could play pranks on Kimi when he's had a few, but I've found another use for it. You see, it frees up my right hand to use a detonator which explodes my right rear Pirelli.

This year has being going so well for me, I just need to complain about something, you know what I mean? Fernando? ...Fernando? See how great I'm doing?"

K
Vettel: "It's nice to be winning again, but I don't have anyone to blame when things go wrong any more. There aren't any Australians around, so I was thinking maybe ... Pirelli?"

L
'Nando, I hear you would like to talk about "boats"...

M
Vettel: "Hey, I heard Nando's is opening their first Belgian branch!"
Alonso: "Don't say it. Don't sink to those depths."
Vettel: "Don't say what, a...pfft...cheeky Nando's?"
Alonso: "That's it, I'm gonna pierce your rear-right prime tyre!"

If your entry is missing or inaccurate, please contact me via PM ASAP. Sometimes entries may not be included in the poll if they are deemed inappropriate, but sometimes entries are omitted accidentally. If your entry is omitted in error, the poll can be amended and people who have already voted will be given the chance to re-cast their votes. In the event that a missing entry is not spotted in time, then 10 bonus points will be awarded in compensation.

IMPORTANT

To avoid last round's miscalculations please make sure you follow the standard voting procedure:

A - 2
B - 1

or

A - 1
B - 1
C - 1

Do not cast your votes like this:

Gran Turismo

Feel free to add comments, pithy remarks and Bond one-liners underneath your votes but any votes which do not follow the standard example will not be counted.

👍

Last edited:
BDG, 1 each.

Is @Touring Mars taking this back over now, or is Liquid doing the round?

Steady on, I've been busy moving flats recently. You must be keen to vote! But this should be my final round running the competition, yes.

Round Twelve - Voting

stock-footage-italian-flag-hd-looped.jpg

273264.jpg

• Deadline for voting is Monday 21st September 0900 GMT

Submitted Entries

A
I think we'll need a Hyper Potion from the Poké Mart to sort out the HP deficit.

B
This poor man was told he could be a Formula One driver. Then he found out it was to be in a Mclaren Honda.

C
"I have no idea what I'm doing."

D
"I'm sorry, sir, but it's for your own safety - you must stay at least fifty feet from Lewis Hamilton's hair at all times or you risk being irradiated."

E
"So this is what a good engine looks like..."

F
"Maybe it was a bad idea to use the leftover Rover stock for this year's engines."

G
The new intern Mr. Es was not amused.

H
I always wanted Jenson-senpai to notice me...but not like this...

I
"I haven't been this depressed since last weekend."

J
The Phantom pit garage defaecator, caught in the act at last!

K
Honda engineer: Detective Conan, what is the update on the Honda engines?

Detective Conan: I'm afraid it is, as the British people say, "bloody hopeless"...

L
Restricted Area: Japanese engines only; No reliable performing engines allowed!

M
"I worked so hard to help McLaren Honda win, I really did. But in the end, I couldn't even deflate our rivals' tyres properly."

O
Honda engineer was refused to entry to Mercedes-AMG pit garage when he was ordered by some McLaren engineers to investigate how well their new app worked on Nico Rosberg's car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back