Fallout 3

• Thread starter NLxAROSA
  • 756 comments
To each his own. I was clean disturbed when I watched a video showing the combat and the Vault Dweller was blowing arms and limbs clean off, and not just of the mutants. The reason I was disturbed was because I didn't feel anything at all; I wasn't sickened in the slightest. I've since watched a few move videos of the game, and have come to the conclusion that I wasn't put off the violence because I knew it was just a game, and because I can make the distinction of where reality stops and the game begins and vice versa.

I do think there is a *lot* of gore involved. In the previous Fallout games, you would only get insane amounts of gore if you had the 'Bloody Mess' perk, which caused people to die in the most splattering way possible. ;) If you didn't have the perk, they would die 'normally'.

Im just heading out to the store now to go get the PS3 version. I know I said I would be waiting for completion of FC2 and DS, but I loved Oblivion and this game really speaks to me so I will give my impressions soon.

I got myself a copy for PS3 as well. :) So far, it runs very nice and it looks great! 👍 I did get the bug when taking the GOAT exam, but the workaround (saving, exiting, reloading) worked just fine. Exploring the wasteland right now! Oh, just to be on the safe side about the messaging thing, I created a new, offline user in the PS3 under which I'm running it.

Last edited:
Well I got the Limited edition today, Lunchbox, Bobblehead figure, Blue-ray making of (its also in HD) and Book containing artwork. I havent played yet im just watching the making of.

5483417l.jpg

The thing putting me off this is what happens when you finish everything? I don't fancy it all ending then having to replay again from day 1. Is there an online mode? Anything?

The thing putting me off this is what happens when you finish everything? I don't fancy it all ending then having to replay again from day 1. Is there an online mode? Anything?

Nope no online, if you want to have the opportunity to lengthen the gameplay, you may want to consider the PC or 360 versions as they are getting Downloadable content where as the PS3 version isn't (unless its just a timed exclusive).

So far the game is very good, nice graphics and smooth framerate, the only bug bare (this was pointed out by a friend on the PSN just seconds before my firsthand experience) every time a friend either comes online or drops offline it freezes the game until the icon in the top of the screen goes away, I'm not sure if removing the PSN notifications will resolve this or not as I haven't tried yet. All in all its looking like a game i could really enjoy.

I created a seperate account for this game on the PS3 which has no connection to PSN. Works like a charm. 👍 I haven't seen any real bugs apart from the GOAT test thing. Game runs very smooth and looks great. Gameplay is also excellent! Definitely a worthy part in the Fallout series. 👍

Just to let every one know, make a separate save before you leave the Citadel for the Purification Plant in the main quest, just so you can continue. ;)
Awesome game, just watch how long you play for, at 13+ hours straight the PS3 seems to crap itself with this game. LOL :dunce:

Also the PSN thing I hardly believe is a glitch, just turn off notifications while you are playing and the problem is solved.

Well I got the Limited edition today, Lunchbox, Bobblehead figure, Blue-ray making of (its also in HD) and Book containing artwork. I havent played yet im just watching the making of.

5483417l.jpg

Indeed. Picked mine up yesterday.

I also watched the making of DVD before hand.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a few hours of Fallout 3 on the agenda.

;)

I rented this made the uglyest female I could, then almost slit my wrists getting through her "childhood". FAIL. Soooooo glad I rented it.

I rented this made the uglyest female I could, then almost slit my wrists getting through her "childhood". FAIL. Soooooo glad I rented it.

Do you like anything?

I can't remember the last time you stated you enjoyed anything.

;)

Managed to pull your self away DR? ;) I'm now a bit further into the story and I must say it's easily up there with the rest of the FO series. I must say Bethesda nailed it very well. 👍

Managed to pull your self away DR? ;) I'm now a bit further into the story and I must say it's easily up there with the rest of the FO series. I must say Bethesda nailed it very well. 👍

Between this and Fable II, my down time is limited these days.

I will admit the beginning of the game drags on a bit. It takes a little while to get into the story. Not to mention, if you're familiar with the Oblivion map system, you'll miss it. I know the hard to see muddy green maps are supposed to be low-tech. Yet, it's hard not to miss a clearer easier to navigate map. Also, the radar map is less than stellar to follow.

Bethesda did improve character models/animations from Oblivion, but not enough, in my opinion. More voice actors help, but the characters still feel a bit wooden and artificial compared to say the characters from Mass Effect.

Apart from those few flaws, it's a fantastic game. I'm having a lot of fun just exploring, and finding parts for new firepower.

Anyone blow up Megaton?

I took one look at Megaton, and hightailled it to meet Mr. Burke. If I have to choose which apartment I want, and in what area, it has to be Tennpenny Tower. Megaton just anoyed me more than anything else. Confusing, ugly, and a little too much atol (see Waterworld) about it. I kept waiting for "Smokers" to come flying over the walls in their beat up Waverunners looking for Mutants.

;)

Do you like anything? I can't remember the last time you stated you enjoyed anything.

Well first off you obviously haven't been to my RSV2 thread. Secondly, I can't control if a game sucks that bad. Here I get yet another game with hype and think it will be good, but then I get to watch predominately all cut scenes for 20 min. or more when I just want to play the #!%^%& game... ? Yeah... no.

Oh the other good recent game is Too Human. Also, I recently got back into FM2 a little.

Well first off you obviously haven't been to my RSV2 thread. Secondly, I can't control if a game sucks that bad. Here I get yet another game with hype and think it will be good, but then I get to watch predominately all cut scenes for 20 min. or more when I just want to play the #!%^%& game... ? Yeah... no.

Oh the other good recent game is Too Human. Also, I recently got back into FM2 a little.

You barely make it past the intro of a massive game and declare it sucks. A bit premature don't you think? I didn't find the beginning all THAT bad. I just have a hard time understanding your reasoning on any of your rants.

Too Human? Are you serious?

Different strokes I guess.... Still, Too Human?

;)

I let Mr. Burke kill Lucas then killed Burke and looted both of them. The strength bobble head is in Lucas' bed room, BTW.

[360 version]
Sunday with about 3 hours into the game I did not care for it. The beginning in the vault was awesome then once I got out it had too much of an oblivion feel and I didnt like it........However...
Last night I played for a few more hours (6 1/2 total my guy is level 3 or 4) and this game is slowly growing on me. It still has that Oblivion feel to it but now that I can warp from town to town without walking everywhere, that really helps me like the game. When I first started it seemed like all I was doing was walking everywhere. Now I get to warp from town to town as I pick up items and level up. I also disarmed the A bomb and was rewarded with my first house to stay in. I only have one more day on the rental but I think after the GOW2 buzz wears off I might buy this or re-rent it again.

Last edited:
I dont know how it happened but now we are both addicted to this game. Looks like we are going to end up buying it. :)

I bought the Xbox version today. So far it's a great game. It's like a cross between Deus Ex and Oblivion, both of which are excellent games. It's visually very impressive and the gameplay is very smooth and well designed so far. I love the VATS targetting system.

The opening was very slow, but it's a good way to introduce you to complicated gameplay mechanics.

I can see myself putting a LOT of hours into this.

Especially since the main quest is short and you are limited to level 20, which means you cannot explore everything with just one character. :) Just like the old Fallouts.

Just wondering if any of you guys have had any troubles with PS3 performance issues that were reportably everywhere.

I have had the game freeze on me once when I loaded a save and moved forward a couple of metres. But apart from that it's performed in that regard flawlessly. Also I was wandering around the hills and noticed a terrible ground texture, it was like I was back in 16bit days, but I moved closer too it and it went away, and couldn't get it to reappear, so no big complaint there.

The problem I have at the moment is that their are so many awesome weapons and I can't carry them all at once...booooo

Back