Fallout 4 [Tips, Tricks and Story Discussion]

• Thread starter Cole Brown
  • 132 comments

What is your Rating of the game thus far? (Giving the people wide choices)

• I don't have the game so I'm not going to rate it anything yet.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I finished up all 1000/1000 achievements over the weekend. Thank you everyone that helped.

This was the order that the 5 achievements needed to be completed.

1. Mankind Refined
  2. Powering Up
  3. Underground Undercover
  4. Rockets Red Glare
  5. Nuclear Family

I do need to point out something important!! Make sure you complete Precipice of War BEFORE Rockets Red Glare. And before Nuclear Family. I had to revert to an older save to do this.

Also. What an epic battle it was going AGAINST the BOS for the final battle in Nuclear Family. Holy crap that was a challenge on Very Hard difficulty at only level 25. I basically went from power armor to power armor the entire battle using any weapon I had. I would kill some of the BOS, take their power armor, then rinse and repeat. It was epic and much harder than going against the Institute on my first play through. I did like the storyline ending better for the Institute. Not sure how it would end if I joined the Railroad 100% and took out both the Institute and the BOH.
What an epic game. Truly loved both play throughs and I am looking forward to the DLC. :)

Not sure if right thread but, just read news that finally we will get a newgen upgrade, was waiting hoping since a while for this.
60fps on ps5, quality vs performance modes etc.
I read it's for april 25th, will be cool to get back into it like this.
Seems they needed the incentive of the success of the tv show.

I dont know if it's just a skewed impression, but it seemed slower even on ps5 vs ps4, felt almost unplayable.
Edit: forgot to say it's supposedly a free upgrade too.

Last edited:
I dont know if it's just a skewed impression, but it seemed slower even on ps5 vs ps4
One of the changes in this update is that it will be a native PS5 title instead of a backwards compatiblity one, so your impression is probably right!

Ohh i see.., i wish it was just a ps4 game update, so it doesn't take sdd space though.
How does a PS4 game update require less space than a PS5 game?
The game update still requires the full game to be installed, and ideally a PS5 game with the same content is smaller than a PS4 game.

How does a PS4 game update require less space than a PS5 game?
The game update still requires the full game to be installed, and ideally a PS5 game with the same content is smaller than a PS4 game.
Because a pa4 game on ps5 can be played if installed on an hdd, so it doesn't use up the expensive ssd space.

Because a pa4 game on ps5 can be played if installed on an hdd, so it doesn't use up the expensive ssd space.
The boost in performance comes from the game being able to use the PS5's power/performance and resources natively, there would not be a significant boost if they kept it a backwards compatibility title. Can't have both ways.

The boost in performance comes from the game being able to use the PS5's power/performance and resources natively, there would not be a significant boost if they kept it a backwards compatibility title. Can't have both ways.
In support and clarification to that:
PS5 version = requires full access to PS5 hardware.
If it doesnt have that, it is not a PS5 version (by software) of the game but a PS4 version run on a PS5 console (as you already can do).

And one of the biggest reasons to play PS4 games on a PS5 is already cutting down the loading times by using the SSD.

And one of the biggest reasons to play PS4 games on a PS5 is already cutting down the loading times by using the SSD.
Especially important for open world games that continuously stream in/out content as you move through the world.

Actually, lot of ps4 games get a big boost even run from the hdd, often for games that had previous ps4 pro updates.
And ran on ps5, it ups the boost even more, running smoothly, clean, etc, even much shorter loading.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back