Fallout new vegas

• Thread starter ajwilli
  • 677 comments
So picked this up for under a tenner and have spent many hours on it, rented it a while back and loved it. Except I'm now on the Strip, just went in to the station opposite The Tops and was noseying around. Went within 10 foot of the door at the back being guarded by NCR troops (whilst I was in NCR armor and have high NCR rep) and they start shooting at me. Try to run away, go through to the bit where Lucky 38 is (where I have ED-E and Veronica waiting) and all hell breaks loose. I quit then and there. My last save is about 2-3 hrs of gameplay ago and I have no interest in re-playing the quests.

The autosave is post above event, any ideas or can I just throw the buggy POS in the bin?

In the future, bear in mind that it's best to save regularly and alternate between several save files to avoid this happening.

Well yes, make few new save files before entering new area. After that you could always use this save file.

I like how the responses were to what I should have done and not to what I actually asked.

[/stirring]

Do you think I don't know that? Of course I do, but I'll be damned if I'll accept it was my own fault for not thinking a Bethesda game would 🤬 at some point every 3.7 seconds. Think I'll just leave it a few days for the anger to go away and start off from my autosave.

I like how the responses were to what I should have done and not to what I actually asked.

[/stirring]

Do you think I don't know that? Of course I do, but I'll be damned if I'll accept it was my own fault for not thinking a Bethesda game would 🤬 at some point every 3.7 seconds. Think I'll just leave it a few days for the anger to go away and start off from my autosave.

What myself and others have told you is the only "solution". We're all in the same boat here. Your attitude helps nothing.

I was looking forward to new Vegas, but the frequent freezing made me sell this buggy pos on eBay. So that's what I done, and never regretted doing so.

With your situation, I would suggest doing a few other quests, to let a few game days pass, they msy have calmed down then. If not sell it!

So with the annoyance of the above sorted, I've gone on to the main quest. Been to the bunker, helps Mr House and got killed straight away by the Praetorian's upon exiting. I left ED-E and Veronica at Cottonwood so I'm on my own.

Think I'll have to turn down the difficulty level.

The NCR love is fine.

UnionStrike - It was just being stuck with the 3 praetorians all with power fists in a tiny space. Don't bother with Hardcore, can't be arsed with anything else beyond the stories, etc. That intrigues me, the messy combat system doesn't.

Just incase someone was thinking of still picking this up, the "Ultimate edition" has just been released featuring all DLC. I have a copy of new Vegas, but I'm tempted to pick this up when I get my PS3 shipped to me.

NV was one of my favourite games, despite the exaggerated bugs.

I just started playing this again, I find it's far better now than it was when it was first released, I haven't encountered any bugs beyond one person not phoning me up through ED-E yet and a few crashes every now and then, but I haven't even had to use the console to fix anything yet. I'm also taking it a lot more seriously than the first time and as a result getting much more out of it than before, but I'm too scared to go near the Cazador and Deathclaw areas...

The deathclaws are tricky. Despite getting to the level cap, it took me a while to find a good combination to take them down.

First you need to slow them down, so shoot from machine gun in one of their legs, once you acomplished that then just change weapon to something stronger and hit them in the Head till they fall :)

Same tactics from Fallout 3 👍

Hey guys maybe someone can help me.

My status with Caesar's Legion is now "LIKED" but when i enter The Fort with quests like (WildCard:change in management, the house always wins 1, You and What Army?) to Recover Platinum chip or just to Find my.s house hidden bunker. Caesar's man are OK with me. But when i approach tent where Caesar is in, then tent Guard suddenly became Hostile to me and every other guard inside Caesar's Tent to. Any ideas what i suppose to do?

My Liked status is only when I'm dressed in one of their clothe. But when i switch to my vault or other clothe then suddenly i become Soft-Hearted Devil !!!

Any ideas why?

Last edited:
My first completion. Finished on hardcore/hard setting, after 160 game days. Went with YMV, also Dead Money and Honest Hearts. Play time (which I guess is just the linear accumulation without including fatal paths) 138 hours, I used to avoid fast travel but with the PS3 wasting my time on having to reset it at an increasing frequency*, I went for it.

I thought the story began from an earlier date, but no, Mr. Messier aka Guardian of the Wastes was quite busy, from an ic perspective.

Quests completed: 82
Health from stimpaks: ~11k
Health from food: 3273
Times slept: 72 :crazy:
Barter Amount Traded: 35051

* This is why I didn't try half the DLC, having savefiles at 9.5 MiB was bad enough

Back