Fanatec Announces ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5; Available Now

Surprised nobody has responded.
Fanatec really makes good wheels. Top class durable stuff. Bit on the pricey side though but I guess good things don't come cheap.
Pity they're no longer available for the PS4 after whatever falling out or licensing issues with Sony. That was supposed to have been resolved by now but still haven't seen being offered.

True. Fanatec is great from all that I hear but they are really too expensive for most.

It's truly a shame. They used to cater to the midrange crowd quite well with the PWTS (which I have), the GT3 and GT2. Seems like all they think about is going higher end.

It's truly a shame. They used to cater to the midrange crowd quite well with the PWTS (which I have), the GT3 and GT2. Seems like all they think about is going higher end.
You have to look at the lower end market which is saturated by Logitech and Thrustmaster products. As much as I desire a Fanatec setup, their pricing for mid-high end market is still big enough for them to remain profitable. Same as those who can afford a GTX1060 and those who can afford GTX 1080Ti.

Last edited:

Lord those Fanatec wheel base and wheels look so damn good. Really looks like they are the pinnacle of wheel equipment. They make the competitors look like cheap toys. One of these days hopefully when they are able to get back to providing wheels compatible with the Playstation consoles I hope to be able to buy one. But dayumm they are really so pricey.

Lord those Fanatec wheel base and wheels look so damn good. Really looks like they are the pinnacle of wheel equipment. They make the competitors look like cheap toys. One of these days hopefully when they are able to get back to providing wheels compatible with the Playstation consoles I hope to be able to buy one. But dayumm they are really so pricey.
It terms of pure looks, design aesthetics and factory build components/accessories, no contest. It's definitely the best money could buy IMO. No other sim racing wheel on the market even comes close from. Love it or hate they the Apple of sim racing wheel. You get what you pay for. If only I could afford it, I own a Thrustmaster T500RS, still going strong and have tried almost all Thrustmaster wheel except TS-PC.

It's very expensive to import Fanatec setup now and unfortunately, none of my friends have it. I would love to see wheel in real life and even provide a non-bias review. (No dig on ISRTV intended)

It terms of pure looks, design aesthetics and factory build components/accessories, no contest. It's definitely the best money could buy IMO. No other sim racing wheel on the market even comes close from. Love it or hate they the Apple of sim racing wheel. You get what you pay for. If only I could afford it, I own a Thrustmaster T500RS, still going strong and have tried almost all Thrustmaster wheel except TS-PC.

It's very expensive to import Fanatec setup now and unfortunately, none of my friends have it. I would love to see wheel in real life and even provide a non-bias review. (No dig on ISRTV intended)

I was able to see one up close and personal from a friend of mine. I even tried it out.
This guy is really into sim racing serious but via PC. He's got one of those really expensive cockpit rigs to go with it too. Three monitors....One main center monitor with the other two and the sides for extended side views. And one of those top of the line Fanatec wheel base and interchangeable wheels. And then he has all kinds of accessories to go with all that. Was quite a sight to see. When I grow up I want to be like him.

I really want one. After seeing Shawn Cole demonstrate the improved Drift mode, I really want a CSW V2.5. I can't even justify considering the CSL wheel base, when the V2.5 is that much better... It went from a wheel base that would be nice to own, to must get, just on It's speed and responsiveness. Darn you Fanatec... LOL.

I have the beta and was able to get my Clubsport 2.0 working with a GIMX setup.

Totally agree. I bought my Clubsport 2.0 base 2 years ago and haven't regretted it for a day. @Gravitron has my old T500, and is dealing with the same shifter paddle issues and noisy cooling fan problems that it had since within 2 months of my original purchase. I hear a lot of "going strong" stories like yours, but wonder if either my heavy use or purchase of the early batch caught me out. In either case, a combination of that track record and their poor customer service support has me banishing them for life.

I really want one. After seeing Shawn Cole demonstrate the improved Drift mode, I really want a CSW V2.5. I can't even justify considering the CSL wheel base, when the V2.5 is that much better... It went from a wheel base that would be nice to own, to must get, just on It's speed and responsiveness. Darn you Fanatec... LOL.
Completely agree. I do not plan to upgrade from my 2.0 base, but it's an amazing piece of engineering. 👍

The comments on that ISR review are interesting. Apparently the oscillation on straights John very clearly demonstrated is a combination of iRacing and something about the CSW v2.x when set to drift mode off. For some reason turning on drift mode to -3 or more (which actually adds some turning resistance!) cures the sensation on iRacing.

Very strange that iRacing, which is tuned for Direct Drive wheels and should be very capable of handling low drag in the CSW v2.x, is the one sim which exhibits this issue.

Been a few years since I been here..... Still sim racing, just got out of the hardware side with work responsibility increase. Truly surprised to see Fanatec turnaround over the last few years from being the most unreliable, to nearly most reliable. And their annual sales + revenue/profit are finally depleting the long net loss.... Kudos and congrats. In a 2-3 good years, you'll fully be in the black!

Still have and use the Beta V1 CSW. Amazing quality and reliability from 2012. I can only imagine how good the 2.5 must be.

Back