Fanatec Clubsport Pedals problem

• Thread starter MustangSVT
  • 18 comments
MustangXS
MustangXS
Hello there folks. I received my Fanatec GT2 wheel and Clubsport pedals today and I'm having issues with it.

I've tried it out so far on my Xbox with Forza Motorsport 3 and 4, and right now it's undrivable because the brake pedal pulses interminently without me even touching it (the telemetry in Forza shows this too).

I've also tried it in Gran Turismo 5 (I put the wheel into "PS3" mode by using Back + Connect buttons), but once I am in the game, I am able to navigate the menus, but I cannot seem to use the wheel to actually drive the car. Can anyone point me in the right direction of steps of how to use the wheel with GT5? I can use the circular stick at the bottom of the wheel and the 4 buttons to navigate the menus, but once I go to drive a car, none of the wheel buttons seem to do anything (other than Start and Select which do appear to do what they should do, which is bring up the menu or change the view I think).

So right now, I'm sitting on a very expensive wheel that doesn't seem to work at all. Is this a known issue with the pedals? Do I need to contact Fanatec about it?

Update: I figured out how to make it work on the PS3 now. In GT5, the same issue as Forza Motorsport. The brake turns on every second very quickly and it's unusable. *sighs* I was looking forward to using the wheel this weekend, but I guess that won't be happening. :(

I have the same wheel and pedals which both work well in GT5. I won't get into Forza 4 because of the wheel bug.

It may be a connection issue with your pedals. I would make sure the cable is plugged in tight, and your using the correct socket on the wheel. There are two, one for the shifter, and one for the pedals.

Hope it's something simple to fix. The CSP's are excellent and you'll love them once you sort this out.

I think I've got the same problem...Did it look like this..?:

No braking input from me whatsoever.
Firmware updates V1 & V2 are on, also tried the different deadzone's from the FW's, no improvement...

What did you do to fix it if I may ask..?

Hello there folks. I received my Fanatec GT2 wheel and Clubsport pedals today and I'm having issues with it.

I've tried it out so far on my Xbox with Forza Motorsport 3 and 4, and right now it's undrivable because the brake pedal pulses interminently without me even touching it (the telemetry in Forza shows this too).

I've also tried it in Gran Turismo 5 (I put the wheel into "PS3" mode by using Back + Connect buttons), but once I am in the game, I am able to navigate the menus, but I cannot seem to use the wheel to actually drive the car. Can anyone point me in the right direction of steps of how to use the wheel with GT5? I can use the circular stick at the bottom of the wheel and the 4 buttons to navigate the menus, but once I go to drive a car, none of the wheel buttons seem to do anything (other than Start and Select which do appear to do what they should do, which is bring up the menu or change the view I think).

So right now, I'm sitting on a very expensive wheel that doesn't seem to work at all. Is this a known issue with the pedals? Do I need to contact Fanatec about it?

I had the similar problem. It started to happen after one year of using CSP pedal. I contacted Fanatec support and got the replacement load cell. But in the meantime I have managed to solve the problem. I have stuck a little plastic into small area, on the load cell, and that solved my problem, but I replaced the old load cell with the new one when I got it. It's hard for me to explain exactly where to put plastic, but if you want I can send you a picture of it or post it here.

I had the similar problem. It started to happen after one year of using CSP pedal. I contacted Fanatec support and got the replacement load cell. But in the meantime I have managed to solve the problem. I have stuck a little plastic into small area, on the load cell, and that solved my problem, but I replaced the old load cell with the new one when I got it. It's hard for me to explain exactly where to put plastic, but if you want I can send you a picture of it or post it here.
Please do 👍

I think he meant 'the picture didn't help' or 'inserting the plastic bit didn't help'.
Tried 2 different pieces but no success :grumpy:

I've hooked them up on the laptop and this is what I see, could be more than a loadcell problem...

Also mailed this to Fanatec, gotta have some more patience now to wait for an answer..
Which isn't easy when that CSR-elite keeps looking at me :ouch:

Got my new CSP and have a question about them:
When I press the gas pedal there is a side movement/clearance (it can be seen and heared) between bushings and axle bar. When the pedal is in the rest position it's ok.
Is this normal? Do other CSP owners have this too? Don't have it on the other pedals and would have expected not to have clearance (at least not from the start)
Thx

Hi mate. You should have spacers between the pedals. Metal shrouds basically.

I have around 1 mm clearance and my pedal will slide on it pivot point.
Only if I push my pedal along the pivot point will I get movement.

Not in normal use.

Back