Fanatec CS V3 brake pedal too stiff. How do I adjust?

• Thread starter davidt33
  • 4 comments
Trinidad and Tobago
Port of Spain
davidtsmith333
Just recently got the Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals and find the brake pedal too stiff so much so that when I try to depress in-game to slow down the car it's too difficult resulting in not slowing down the car in a timely manner. I see there's a red preload adjustable screw. Can I use this screw to adjust stiffness in order to make it easier to depress and not as stiff? And if so, how?
The default position (lowest correct position) as it came as seen on the left is described as the "Minimum preload setting". This is the current position I left it as which I find the pedal is too stiff.
To the right shows what is described as "Maximum preload setting" (highest correct position).
Which position makes the brake pedal tension stiffer or looser/easier to depress?

V3 brake pedal preload screw adjustment_screenshot_53.jpg

Hi David,

It is likely the load cell sensitivity (BRF in the Tuning Menu, brake sensitivity slider if connected to PC via USB) that will solve this for you, not the preload.

You should try both extremes of the preload - the difference is very clear.

Minimum preload is the softest setting.

If you find this to be too difficult to max out the brake input, then you should increase the load cell sensitivity (reduce the BRF value). At its most sensitive setting, it is extremely easy to max out the brake input.

Bear in mind that the load cell sensitivity works independently from the preload setting. So you can have it set to maximum preload for a short and stiff throw, but very high load cell sensitivity, so it's still easy to max out the input. This is why you should try both extremes of the preload - you may find that you eventually like an even stiffer brake once you have dialled in the right BRF setting.

Hi David,

It is likely the load cell sensitivity (BRF in the Tuning Menu, brake sensitivity slider if connected to PC via USB) that will solve this for you, not the preload.

You should try both extremes of the preload - the difference is very clear.

Minimum preload is the softest setting.

If you find this to be too difficult to max out the brake input, then you should increase the load cell sensitivity (reduce the BRF value). At its most sensitive setting, it is extremely easy to max out the brake input.

Bear in mind that the load cell sensitivity works independently from the preload setting. So you can have it set to maximum preload for a short and stiff throw, but very high load cell sensitivity, so it's still easy to max out the input. This is why you should try both extremes of the preload - you may find that you eventually like an even stiffer brake once you have dialled in the right BRF setting.
Thanks Dom. I think the problem may have been the distance I was sitting from the pedals whereby when I depressed the brake it was tilting my chair a bit. I've since moved the chair a wee bit more back and tried it and now that the chair is not wanting to tilt I'm having the necessary force to push it comfortably. The pedals are great. Leaps and bounds better than the standard 2-pedal potentiometer pedal set that came with the CSL Elite starter bundle I had before that was driving me crazy getting dirty, sticking and needing cleaning almost every day.
And thanks again for explaining what I wanted to know. Cheers.

Hi, can this be changed using the ps4 settings? or has it got to be on a pc? thank you.

What I mean is can I change the stiffness of the brake using my settings in the ps4 ? or is it only manually.

Last edited:
Back