Fanatec CSL DD "Ready2Race" Bundle Now Available for $399.95

• Thread starter Famine
  • 20 comments
Thats pretty unbeatable imho. I've only just bought a used Thrustmaster TGT-2 wheelbase and rim for €180 which I reckon is still a good deal but if I hadn't I'd be seriously tempted to grab one of these bundles. I'd prefer to buy European Fanatec over Chinese Moza to keep the business local and there are lots more 2nd hand Fanatec rims pop up here in Ireland than the alternatives.

Out of interest i had a look. Moza have three official resellers in UK so the UK regulations would apply regard to customer rights etc. Quite a few others in Europe, not in Ireland though it looks like. But you can make use of EU regs and sales benefits by buying from one of the EU sellers.

Last edited:
Yep places like Sim-Motion will ship to Ireland. The Moza R5 bundle is coming in at €579. Impressive that Fanatec have managed to get their bundle below the magic €500 mark. Shots fired.

Its crazy to think 5 years ago if someone offer you a DD base for €500 it would be a steal. Now you can get entire bundles for that price. Your move Thrustmaster.

Last edited:
Both Xbox and Playstation require a licence chip. On Xbox those chips are in the rim. For Playstation is has to be in the base. So sadly you can't make a non-licensed base work on Playstation by adding a new rim like you can with Xbox. The only way I know of is to use something like a Collective Minds Drivehub.

Those that have been thinking about upgrading from belt drive wheel - night n day difference and worth the extra money. Purchased my first direct drive wheel as my xmas present. How silent the wheel is very impressive to me. Only have 5nm for my moza wheel which is enough for me. Actually only use at 80% strength.

Those that want a wheel, however not sure it worth it. If you have the space and something to use as solid wheel stand. Even if only a few hours a week,more then worth over the course of a few years.

Not surpriced the sony chipped version is propably price restricted by sony deal. So sad. Oh well.. waiting for t818 base for ps5, so i can keep the rest of the Thrustmaster ecosystem.

Not surpriced the sony chipped version is propably price restricted by sony deal. So sad. Oh well.. waiting for t818 base for ps5, so i can keep the rest of the Thrustmaster ecosystem.
Same reason Fanatec are not bundling an Xbox licenced rim with this deal - it costs them more to sell Xbox rims than PC ones.

I went and bought it, currently have a T300rs with T-lcm pedals, So want too try Direct Drive, never went the the load cell addon or 8nm boost kit as it bump the price up a couple hundred euros and couldn't afford a DD Pro and this package might just get me pc sim racing again rather than only playing GT7 :), darn brexit has cost me an extra 80 bucks in import duties :)

Last edited:
What prevents this from working on the PS5? Is it just the wheel?

Hi, I have just brought a new device that will let you use any steering wheel on any device, it's called Drive hub by Collective minds you might want to check it out if your worried about connectivity issue's, hope this helps

So there's Nato exercise activity in Germany, my parcel keeps getting delayed :( , only 4 more days till it finishes . So looking at next week now most likely, Hate waiting on new toys as i'm sure we all do :)

Last edited:
Без име.png

Sorry for bringing back this "old" topic but I thought it won't make sense to open a new one just to ask about this: Why the Gran Turismo base can't be purchased without the boost kit/as a 5nm base? Only the 8nm option is offered, whereas if you want to purchase a complete set with pedals, wheel and clamp the 5nm it is indeed offered for a hundred less (than the 8nm complete set).

That said. Do you expect a baseline 400 usd/eur set like the Fanatec CLS DD ready2race and Moza R3 bundle for PC/Xbox to arrive to PS eventually?

Also curious if Thrustmaster or Logitech will try to compete? Correct me if I'm wrong but so far Thrustmaster and Logitech are asking 650 and 800 for their DD bases respectively (no bundles, PC only).

Last edited:
Why the Gran Turismo base can't be purchased without the boost kit/as a 5nm base? Only the 8nm option is offered, whereas if you want to purchase a complete set with pedals, wheel and clamp the 5nm it is indeed offered for a hundred less (than the 8nm complete set).
Only fanatec could answer that. And fanatec doesn't like to answer questions (just check their official forums)
That said. Do you expect a baseline 400 usd/eur set like the Fanatec CLS DD ready2race and Moza R3 bundle for PC/Xbox to arrive to PS eventually?
Yes.
When and from which manufacturers are the other questions...
Also curious if Thrustmaster or Logitech will try to compete?
These brands are a lot bigger than fanatec (and moza), I can't imagine that they don't want their piece of the market.

Back