Fanatec CSL Elite - Can Anybody Help?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi All
Maybe should be posting this to a more general forum but you guys were great last time.
I've just gone and brought myself the CSL Elite starter bundle - wheel and dual pedals.
So - I did the software download for my laptop and plugged the wheelbase in. Did the firmware update and the wheel lights up as it should, calibrates etc. Test the wheel in the software (pressing buttons, rev light etc) and all work.
When I'm finished the wheel just wont turn on. I hold the power button down, the rev lights go on, calibrates, then nothing. Power light is off, and wont come on.
Am i missing something here or is it faulty?
Apologies if I'm missing something blindingly obvious here. My first wheel for a very long time.
Thanks

Thanks- unfortunately I can’t even get this far though. Unless my wheel base is plugged into my laptop I can’t even turn it on properly.

have you done the center calibrating like its written in the manual?, before you center the wheel, it is doing almost nothing.
1. Download newest Software
2. Calibrate Center
3. Enjoy it

I have the wheel aswell, its very very nice, only pd lacks a bit of support for the fanatec wheel, because PD has their Thrustmaster TGT.
Thats the only reason why Iam currently running the TGT instead of Fanatec

have you done the center calibrating like its written in the manual?, before you center the wheel, it is doing almost nothing.
1. Download newest Software
2. Calibrate Center
3. Enjoy it

I have the wheel aswell, its very very nice, only pd lacks a bit of support for the fanatec wheel, because PD has their Thrustmaster TGT.
Thats the only reason why Iam currently running the TGT instead of Fanatec
This might be where I’m going wrong, although I have tried the above. I’ve done the software and download firmware step. Then the wheel spins and realigns offcentre (intentionally). Now this is where I’m maybe going wrong. I am simply aligning the wheel to the correct position and pressing the setting and x button together. Is there something else I should be doing?

This might be where I’m going wrong, although I have tried the above. I’ve done the software and download firmware step. Then the wheel spins and realigns offcentre (intentionally). Now this is where I’m maybe going wrong. I am simply aligning the wheel to the correct position and pressing the setting and x button together. Is there something else I should be doing?
Maybe OP and X actually, whatever the instructions said

Maybe OP and X actually, whatever the instructions said

ok so, you updated the wheels firmare to the newest.
after that you turn it on and the wheel is not centered (steering usualy a bit to the left)

Then go into the setup menue, the tool button on the right.
After that on the LCD should stand S_1 (Profiles)
Next you center your wheel then prace OP + X and you should feel that the Wheel centers to the point you put the center
finished

ok so, you updated the wheels firmare to the newest.
after that you turn it on and the wheel is not centered (steering usualy a bit to the left)

Then go into the setup menue, the tool button on the right.
After that on the LCD should stand S_1 (Profiles)
Next you center your wheel then prace OP + X and you should feel that the Wheel centers to the point you put the center
finished
I’m not going mad then, I’ve done all that too. 5_1 on the wheel, set to the middle, press the buttons you said. Blue power button never comes on though despite doing all of this. I just can’t seem to turn it on properly, even though the blue light flashes when updating firmware

The blue mode you get only by pressing the power button...so click it till you recieve blue lights

short clicks on the power button and the light changes white (compatibility mode)
blue (ps4) and red for pc

The blue mode you get only by pressing the power button...so click it till you recieve blue lights

short clicks on the power button and the light changes white (compatibility mode)
blue (ps4) and red for pc
Thanks for your help so far mate. So can I just explain what happens when I turn it on- I press power button, wheel turns right left right with Rev lights then just sits idol. Is it good to go? Because I’d expect the blue power button to be on or something?

Thanks for your help so far mate. So can I just explain what happens when I turn it on- I press power button, wheel turns right left right with Rev lights then just sits idol. Is it good to go? Because I’d expect the blue power button to be on or something?

The blue light over the power button will only be blue when you go into this blue mode for ps4 by clocking the power button

The blue light over the power button will only be blue when you go into this blue mode for ps4 by clocking the power button
Thanks again for the help - still wasn't working so phoned Fanatec Support. They had never heard of my issue so guess there's a fundamental problem. Great! :guilty:

hm strange, can you explain again what exactly is not working?
The whole wheel base!
When plugged into the laptop the firmware update works and the light flashes blue as it is supposed to. The dash lights up with the red CAL etc. I do the alignment as explained in the book. I have also tested the rev lights and throttle/brake when plugged into the laptop and all show as working.
As soon as I disconnect from the laptop and try and turn on either just with the power supply or plugged into the PlayStation it doesn't work. The dash works and I can go through the FF, CAL etc, but no blue light. Its like the wheel works but the wheel base doesn't.
I have obviously tried connecting to PlayStation too but nothing happens. That blue light should be on when switched in but it isn't.
I explained all of this to Fanatec support and they were quite surprised, had never heard of this before. Sounds faulty but fingers crossed something can be done.
If you can help though I'll try anything. Desperate to try this after a long wait.

Your wheel base is plugged into the game and the power source ?
You've pushed the mode button until it shows blue ?
Rev lights won't work until PD updates the game

Your wheel base is plugged into the game and the power source ?
You've pushed the mode button until it shows blue ?
Rev lights won't work until PD updates the game
Unfortunately I am at work now, so wont be able to try anything new until later.
But regarding your reply I previously did have the wheel base plugged into power, PS4 and pedals, and then did try and power on. Whether I then also tried the mode button I cannot remember. Maybe is something as silly as this. Will try as soon as I can and let you know.
Thanks

Back