Fanatec CSL Elite for PlayStation 4 Review

This is certainly the wheel I have my eye on.
The pedal option of being able to use the V3's is the biggest deciding factor for me.
(Not that the pedals that come with the wheel are bad, just a personal preference.)

I'm still waiting to see reviews of the T-GT, but it seems unlikely I'll be convinced the Fanatec isn't the best option.

Has there been any word on future compatibility? All these new wheels are great and all, but if they are just for this generation of consoles it seems to me they are a bit late to the party and your bang for the buck goes down significantly.

Good. Now, Fanatec, release it in North America so I can finally complete my rig :P

That seems to be the general sentiment. :P

As soon as we hear, we'll have a post on it.

The pedal option of being able to use the V3's is the biggest deciding factor for me.
(Not that the pedals that come with the wheel are bad, just a personal preference.)

I'm still waiting to see reviews of the T-GT, but it seems unlikely I'll be convinced the Fanatec isn't the best option.

Can't say I blame you with the V3s. The CSLE LC kit hits a sweet spot for me personally, but I can imagine it'd be hard to move back down after using those.

The battle between this and the T-GT is going to be an interesting one. That GT-exclusive rumble feature could be a game-changer, but it's a little sad that it will work on only one title. I don't like the T3PA set as much, either: it's not bad by any means, but the CSL pedals just fit my resistance/smoothness preference better.

Has there been any word on future compatibility? All these new wheels are great and all, but if they are just for this generation of consoles it seems to me they are a bit late to the party and your bang for the buck goes down significantly.

That's sort of impossible to deduce right now. And even if the accessory developers have heard from Sony or Microsoft about next-gen compatibility, they can't really advertise it.

The best we can do is hope. It's a good point, however.

My CSL E come tomorrew with Porsche 918 RSR rim and Clubsport pedals v3.
So im ready for GT Sport and Forza Motorsport 7:cheers::cheers:

Sony's decision will probably depend on tech and protecting their interests. If the ps5 comes sooner rather than later and is a just a step up current products will make it to the next gen. Sony could decide they don't want chronas max to work and need new tech in side. Sony could do some Bluetooth only kind of thing or feel they need more security. The person who is running the divison or making decisions matters as well. I would not be happy if Sony screwed me again so soon. I went through a lot with Sony and fanatec. Maybe I am bias and am letting hope sway my opinion but I think we may be good for next gen. All that goes out the window if the ps5 is a big jump in tec and comes out later than what people are speculating.

Last edited:
Does this work with PS3?

At the moment this is currently the only option available for the PS3
Solid%20Round%20With%20Bark%206.jpg
497870054_f1f802001b_z.jpg

You can use any of the Fanatec pedals with a TM wheel, right now. ;)

We just signed the contract and will soon make an announcement about availability.

We also solved the noise issue on some games and a new firmware will be available soon.
You have no idea how excited i am about this wheel set. After years watching pc users getting delighted with it I will finally be able to enjoy this amazing upgrade to my rig.

On PS4 as well but with CPX Adapter.

Man, super_gt, I have been using the CPX on my old fanatec pedals (geeze, I don't even know the model...V1s?!) with my tx servo base and it has worked flawlessly for the last year.

Great little thing.

I wish somebody would give us a review of the firmware update that stops the "knock" on this thing.

Man, super_gt, I have been using the CPX on my old fanatec pedals (geeze, I don't even know the model...V1s?!) with my tx servo base and it has worked flawlessly for the last year.

Great little thing.

I wish somebody would give us a review of the firmware update that stops the "knock" on this thing.

Since you asked, I can share it here:

The update has really minimized the knocking that the wheel had initially, and that's before I dived into the FEI settings. It's not silent when you're working the wheel hard, but it no longer sounds like it might be getting damaged. It's important to note that Fanatec has always maintained no damage was happening: it was just very loud.

The exception to all of this is Forza Motorsport 6. On default settings, that game has some serious issues, specifically when you take the car onto grass or gravel at all. At that point, it shakes the wheel so badly I really did worry it would damage it! Turning FEI up solves that, though it makes the wheel feel a little vague.

That's the only game I've run into that problem with since the update, and as mentioned, it was fixed easily. FM6 was never ideal with a wheel though, and as the CSL came out after it, I'm more curious about how FM7 will handle it. I've briefly tried the demo with the wheel, but will be diving into more of it (and fiddling with settings) over the next couple days.

Since you asked, I can share it here:

The update has really minimized the knocking that the wheel had initially, and that's before I dived into the FEI settings. It's not silent when you're working the wheel hard, but it no longer sounds like it might be getting damaged. It's important to note that Fanatec has always maintained no damage was happening: it was just very loud.

The exception to all of this is Forza Motorsport 6. On default settings, that game has some serious issues, specifically when you take the car onto grass or gravel at all. At that point, it shakes the wheel so badly I really did worry it would damage it! Turning FEI up solves that, though it makes the wheel feel a little vague.

That's the only game I've run into that problem with since the update, and as mentioned, it was fixed easily. FM6 was never ideal with a wheel though, and as the CSL came out after it, I'm more curious about how FM7 will handle it. I've briefly tried the demo with the wheel, but will be diving into more of it (and fiddling with settings) over the next couple days.
Test with FEI-0,FEI-5,FEI-10

Gentlemen, thank you both. I have read about this a lot over at fanatec, but I gotta tell you, or rather ask you, is this acceptable? I mean I don't known because I don't have a basis of comparison, but the whole (and it's not just you, SlpiZ) "you can set the FEI up high enough so it isn't too noticeable, but you may lose some of the FFB grip" just plain doesn't cut it for me.

Believe me, I know it doesn't damage the wheel from everything I've read, but still...gentlemen...this just isn't right in a finished product.

I don't expect my wheel to be silent, but even in our basement this thing at the levels I've heard would probably disturb my wife and daughter sleeping on the second floor.

I hate to be that guy, but this fix should have done a lot more than just, apparently, put a band-aid or rather a muffler on the problem. How is the wheel released like this?!

I'm not being rhetorical here. I really want to know.

Last edited:
That rattle would annoy the heck out of me. You seem to have your CSL ELITE mounted really securely too.

How is the wheel released like this?!
Only the guys from Fanatec can answer this question.I also find it strange belt driven wheel to be so noisy.Probably there is some problem on a hardware level but again only the guys from Fanatec can answer or someone who has opened his wheel base.
"you can set the FEI up high enough so it isn't too noticeable, but you may lose some of the FFB grip" just plain doesn't cut it for me.
I fully understand you.:)

Only the guys from Fanatec can answer this question.I also find it strange belt driven wheel to be so noisy.Probably there is some problem on a hardware level but again only the guys from Fanatec can answer or someone who has opened his wheel base.

I fully understand you.:)

It is such a shame, super_gt, because this truly is a great option that solves a lot of problems or rather grants a lot of options for multi-system owners. I am worried, though, that this partial fix FEI resolution is going to be where it stops, and I don't think that's right or fair to owners of this product.

Last edited:
Back