Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments

And what can you say on this account base no, and 2 months. There are still problems that are described above in this thread.

I will have to break my promise, sorry for that. :guilty:

This is CSL Elite wheel base + and in some cases where you hear a noise from the base may be for this reason:
(the video is not mine)

Last edited:
but to prove this you need to open the wheel base to make another test which will void the warranty.
Thanks for tips, but i do the weight scale test before opening the base.

They did open the wheelbase and noticed that the belt was slightly off, so the RMA was dealt under warranty so i didn't need to pay the shippig costs, thanks for that. They also mentioned that the fix has no effect in the FFB, and obviously it really didn't... They either were generous or they simply did notice something wrong with the wheelbase and sent it back anyway... It's a shame that i had two great products with faulty code wheel sensors which caused them go off-center & they couldn't fix it, so they just replaced it from their workshop... This current one is such an underwhelming product compared to my earlier bases.

I wonder what if i open the base after it was already opened by them?? (Don't believe i have right tools to open it anyway).

Last edited:
Received a set of CSL elite pedals (non LC) today, replacing my t3pa's I've been using with the CSL wheel.
They are considerably better in build quality and many thanks to the Fanatec team in the California warehouse on the fast ship.

The only issue I noticed is the foam damper is a tad too stiff for my taste but was easily removed, and now well they're purrfect.

I'm missing a 95 bumper from my load cell csl brake, came missing one.

Fanatec never even bothered to email me back, absolutely shoking when I've just spent 900 quid with them.

Herd they don't care in after service but really wanted the products so risked it.
Thankfully that's the only problem I have so far.

I'm missing a 95 bumper from my load cell csl brake, came missing one.

Fanatec never even bothered to email me back, absolutely shoking when I've just spent 900 quid with them.

Herd they don't care in after service but really wanted the products so risked it.
Thankfully that's the only problem I have so far.
You gotta have some spear ones in the package if I remember correct...cant find mine to check...

This is easy to fix, they can mail you what is missing.

Ha ha yeh that was my thinking.

Only they don't even replie to a simple email with a very simple fix.

Heart goes out to those with more serious problems, must be a nightmare dealing with them.

Ha ha yeh that was my thinking.

Only they don't even replie to a simple email with a very simple fix.

Heart goes out to those with more serious problems, must be a nightmare dealing with them.
Do you tried to call them? Cant remember did they offer phone number...

I'd push hard to get it soon it's probably going to be mad for them in the upcoming months with the Podium release.
That's why I ordered my pedals this month.

I'd push hard to get it soon it's probably going to be mad for them in the upcoming months with the Podium release.
That's why I ordered my pedals this month.
True, btw I loved your previous avatar - I have both items on it and will keep them forever!;)

Pretty sure they do their best to cover all support cases faster as possible, don`t worry they will solve it...never heard Fanatec to reject to help to customers in need!;)

Thanks mate

Wish I had you're confidence in them now tho.
Couple weeks and counting to replie to a email is a joke.
They take Mere minutes to take you're money off you tho.

Thanks mate

Wish I had you're confidence in them now tho.
Couple weeks and counting to replie to a email is a joke.
They take Mere minutes to take you're money off you tho.
If I wait 2 weeks for a simple answer - with all my respect to the CEO Thomas will mention him in the post to draw some attention. I will do it for you now: @Fanatec...

Ok thanks for you're help, just checked my emails and it's been 9 days so not as long as I thought.
Well, even 2 weeks are not the end of the world,but are far behind from desired time for customer support to react ...my personal oppinion is that 48 hours in working days excluding weekend days are enough to receive answer. When you have problem with your product - the time counts in different way and to stay in the air without knowing when will receive answer is not the best feeling... but as I said Fanatec is top notch company with name proven in time... and at least half of the bad post outhere are just trolling. For the other half some things can be done better - like the faster support reactions.;)

Well, even 2 weeks are not the end of the world,but are far behind from desired time for customer support to react ...my personal oppinion is that 48 hours in working days excluding weekend days are enough to receive answer. When you have problem with your product - the time counts in different way and to stay in the air without knowing when will receive answer is not the best feeling... but as I said Fanatec is top notch company with name proven in time... and at least half of the bad post outhere are just trolling. For the other half some things can be done better - like the faster support reactions.;)

Yeh I completely agree with all that.

I should also add so it doesn't seem I am completely ragging on them that I am super happy with the equipment.
It was exactly what I was after and think the whole eco system is awsome.

Yeh I completely agree with all that.

I should also add so it doesn't seem I am completely ragging on them that I am super happy with the equipment.
It was exactly what I was after and think the whole eco system is awsome.
Sure,their equipment is one of a kind...I use Fanatec from the Xbox original and PS2...all those years their equipment was more advanced from the competition...and I still keep alot of the older equipment;)

DomB_Fanatec
Hey.
I described the problem above and showed a video of this problem. With the workers fanatek also talked, and the case was brought to repair the steering wheel. But while I was waiting for a response from the sales department ....
I updated the base again, the steering wheel rose during calibration! After that I changed the ports in some places until the base was turned on!
What a miracle she started up but without the steering wheel! I decided to update the database again without a steering wheel and everything went well. Turned on the base, set the steering wheel, launched the game Euro Truck Simulator 2 after 15 minutes, pulled the wheel to the right side and wedged as in the video above from me. What I've done!? I took off the steering wheel and the whole problem was gone! I then launched Assetto Corsa Competizione, everything is fine, I drove 20 laps and there was not a single hint of a problem. Today, at one o'clock, I rode with friends in Assetto Corsa when I started it, I immediately pulled the steering wheel and wanted to jam it! I decided to do the same thing to remove the steering wheel and put it back on! And all the problem is gone!
Question! Maybe this is a bad firmware and it does not work correctly with my steering wheel? Another problem I can not imagine! I have been waging war with this new steering wheel for a week already. And he could not really ride!

Last edited:
DomB_Fanatec
Hey.
I described the problem above and showed a video of this problem. With the workers fanatek also talked, and the case was brought to repair the steering wheel. But while I was waiting for a response from the sales department ....
I updated the base again, the steering wheel rose during calibration! After that I changed the ports in some places until the base was turned on!
What a miracle she started up but without the steering wheel! I decided to update the database again without a steering wheel and everything went well. Turned on the base, set the steering wheel, launched the game Euro Truck Simulator 2 after 15 minutes, pulled the wheel to the right side and wedged as in the video above from me. What I've done!? I took off the steering wheel and the whole problem was gone! I then launched Assetto Corsa Competizione, everything is fine, I drove 20 laps and there was not a single hint of a problem. Today, at one o'clock, I rode with friends in Assetto Corsa when I started it, I immediately pulled the steering wheel and wanted to jam it! I decided to do the same thing to remove the steering wheel and put it back on! And all the problem is gone!
Question! Maybe this is a bad firmware and it does not work correctly with my steering wheel? Another problem I can not imagine! I have been waging war with this new steering wheel for a week already. And he could not really ride!
Have you checked the pins ? Maybe they are bent etc and are sending wrong signals. Have you tried other rims if you have any ?

contacts are even! if they were curves, they would not be fixed in the database, or I would have broken them a long time ago. Unfortunately I have one wheel. Perhaps this is a new steering wheel that does not correctly work with the update. And for a month everything was good on the 311 driver, and one day the problem started.

contacts are even! if they were curves, they would not be fixed in the database, or I would have broken them a long time ago. Unfortunately I have one wheel. Perhaps this is a new steering wheel that does not correctly work with the update. And for a month everything was good on the 311 driver, and one day the problem started.
If the problem is present only with rim attached and the pins are ok - it is possible the wires in the shaft to be damaged also...if the base reacts bad on attached rim - maybe some shortening happens in those damaged wires when you attach the rim.

:boggled::confused: While I will test and pay attention to how often this happens. but the month was all good. something exactly went wrong. the wires themselves could not come off or something else would happen.

Back