Fanatec CSL Elite Settings Coming Shortly

• Thread starter slthree
  • 46 comments
This is linked above, but I thought I post the car list here for reference.
This really make a difference from car to car.
I have not tried all, but for McLaren and Bentley as well as Porsche. I felt that the Porsche the steering got a bit too direct so I might dial that back a bit.

Car's turning angle (SEN):

Ferrari = 480 deg
McLaren = 480 deg
BMW = 565 deg
Lamborghini = 620 deg
Lamborghini ST = 620 deg
Honda = 620 deg
Lexus = 640 deg
Aston Martin = 640 deg
Bentley = 640 deg
Nissan = 640 deg
Mercedes = 640 deg
Jaguar = 720 deg
Audi = 720 deg
R-EX = 720 deg
911 GT3 = 800 deg
911 CUP = 800 deg

Hm, yeah I'm starting to think it's fundamental FFB issues with the game and CSL Elite.
I have not tried all, but for McLaren and Bentley as well as Porsche. I felt that the Porsche the steering got a bit too direct so I might dial that back a bit.

Ferrari = 480 deg
McLaren = 480 deg
BMW = 565 deg
Lamborghini = 620 deg
Lamborghini ST = 620 deg
Honda = 620 deg
Lexus = 640 deg
Aston Martin = 640 deg
Bentley = 640 deg
Nissan = 640 deg
Mercedes = 640 deg
Jaguar = 720 deg
Audi = 720 deg
R-EX = 720 deg
911 GT3 = 800 deg
911 CUP = 800 deg
This (or, the original thread rather) should be stickied until there's an 'auto' option

Can you see my posts!? I put the exact same thing up the day after release....

the recommendations work and changing the rotation to the car is needed, as mentioned already.
I'm so sorry. I did see your post. I've been back and forth through so many threads and juggling working from home that it sometimes takes me a long time to get back to a thread that I've already looked at. But, yes, I saw your post and at the time I saw it I thought it was great but I didn't quite understand it so I just left it there for a while and then the thread had several more posts. I was not intending to ignore yours

One thing I find strange though is how he has Road Effects changed to "0" (Default being 50).
I would think that at "0" it would take away so much of the road effect. I've left mine at 50...unless some time I get a good explanation of taking that right off to "0".
From Pawel:
Road Effects: (Default 50%) 0

It’s completely up to you if you want it on but it’s referred to as a canned effect. The creator of AC refers to them as fake feedback he added in AC because the community asked for it. He recommends turning them off but to be honest I haven’t tried the road effect it might actually be better than what AC had.

Haha, now I wonder if Fanatec is going to have to revise this all over again after the new update!? The gain is far stronger now, I've lowered it to 60.

What is everyone's consensus on the FEI setting? This val. is higher than in other games, and imo and 70 (as recommended) gives the steering a mechanical notchiness that is absent on lower settings. 50 is fine.

Haha, now I wonder if Fanatec is going to have to revise this all over again after the new update!? The gain is far stronger now, I've lowered it to 60.

What is everyone's consensus on the FEI setting? This val. is higher than in other games, and imo and 70 (as recommended) gives the steering a mechanical notchiness that is absent on lower settings. 50 is fine.

I'm also sticking to the Fanatec recommendations with my CSL Elite, but also lowered gain to 60 or 65. To me it feels now quite similar to pre-update.

I try to stick to Aris advice: Choose one FFB setting and stick to it so your mind has a chance to learn/adapt.

Still fighting with the input lag though. Not sure whether this really exists or it's just me forcing the car into understeer and missing the apex lots of the time. Any idea how to measure whether there is a real input lag?

I'm also sticking to the Fanatec recommendations with my CSL Elite, but also lowered gain to 60 or 65. To me it feels now quite similar to pre-update.

I try to stick to Aris advice: Choose one FFB setting and stick to it so your mind has a chance to learn/adapt.

Still fighting with the input lag though. Not sure whether this really exists or it's just me forcing the car into understeer and missing the apex lots of the time. Any idea how to measure whether there is a real input lag?
Try driving the Nissan GTR. I was initially driving the Merc and was very understeery then switched to the GTR and it was a revelation. Am now of the oppinion that you reallt do need to learn how to drive each car to its best rather than just view them as a different skin of the same base. This is how it should be but I think this game really nails this and rewards the real driver who can get the most out of each machine. My rather clumsy skills are flattered by the neutral GTR.

CJ

Try driving the Nissan GTR. I was initially driving the Merc and was very understeery then switched to the GTR and it was a revelation. Am now of the oppinion that you reallt do need to learn how to drive each car to its best rather than just view them as a different skin of the same base. This is how it should be but I think this game really nails this and rewards the real driver who can get the most out of each machine. My rather clumsy skills are flattered by the neutral GTR.

CJ

Thanks for the advice, I will give the GTR a try! Do you know whether there is an overview somewhere describing the characteristics of each car (middle/rear engine, naturally-aspirated/turbo...)?

I’m upgrading to one of these. Should be here this week. What settings are people using now the game has been updated a few times? Still the Fanatec recommended ones?

As for the steering ratio, I’m a bit unclear whether you can just set that to 900 on the wheel and use my saved in game presets for each car, or do I have it the opposite and set at 900 in game and change wheel settings for each car?

Ferrari = 480 deg
McLaren = 480 deg
BMW = 565 deg
Lamborghini = 620 deg
Lamborghini ST = 620 deg
Honda = 620 deg
Lexus = 640 deg
Aston Martin = 640 deg
Bentley = 640 deg
Nissan = 640 deg
Mercedes = 640 deg
Jaguar = 720 deg
Audi = 720 deg
R-EX = 720 deg
911 GT3 = 800 deg
911 CUP = 800 deg

We need this info for the GT4 Class cars, also!!! :)

We need this info for the GT4 Class cars, also!!! :)

Meanwhile.. I found this about the Turning lock, on the ACC Official forum, for GT4:

480 degrees
KTM
McLaren

490 degrees
Mercedes

500 degrees
BMW

640 degrees
Vantage

720 degrees
Alpine
Audi
Camaro
Ginetta

800 degrees
Porsche

900 degrees
Maserati

Are there many CSL elite + users on here? Finally got mine set up last night. Firmware all updated and using Fanatec recommended settings (gain down to 60 is only change).

It feels really good. Will take a while to get used to but the strength of the base itself and the consistency I’m able to maintain now are the two things I’ve noticed the most.

I am struggling on feel a little though. Especially the GT4’s. They can feel really vague some of the time. Would the FEI setting have something to do with this? Mine is on 70 at the moment.

Are there many CSL elite + users on here? Finally got mine set up last night. Firmware all updated and using Fanatec recommended settings (gain down to 60 is only change).

It feels really good. Will take a while to get used to but the strength of the base itself and the consistency I’m able to maintain now are the two things I’ve noticed the most.

I am struggling on feel a little though. Especially the GT4’s. They can feel really vague some of the time. Would the FEI setting have something to do with this? Mine is on 70 at the moment.
Yes the FEI setting plays a major part in the feel generated in the wheel. For example, with the standard wheel that comes with the CSL Elite Starter Kit attached to the base I think I had FEI at 70 (give or take) and that was fine for it. When I purchased the BMW GT2 wheel recently which is a bigger, heavier wheel I lost a good bit of feel and was advised to increase FEI to 100...this then gave me the required feel/feedback.
So to answer your question, Yes FEI does play a major part (other settings too). While FEI at 70 may be fine for the lighter wheels such as the CSL Elite wheel it may need to be increased for heavier wheels.

Yes the FEI setting plays a major part in the feel generated in the wheel. For example, with the standard wheel that comes with the CSL Elite Starter Kit attached to the base I think I had FEI at 70 (give or take) and that was fine for it. When I purchased the BMW GT2 wheel recently which is a bigger, heavier wheel I lost a good bit of feel and was advised to increase FEI to 100...this then gave me the required feel/feedback.
So to answer your question, Yes FEI does play a major part (other settings too). While FEI at 70 may be fine for the lighter wheels such as the CSL Elite wheel it may need to be increased for heavier wheels.

Many thanks for that. I’m using the McLaren GT3 wheel (which is pretty lightweight) and I also have the F1 esports rim. I’ll have a mess around with the FEI and see what suits me best.

Back