Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 for PC - Xbox One Ready

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 24 comments
Bulgaria
Bulgaria

PC/XBOX ONE READY

CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1: Performance and Value.
The CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 delivers advanced force feedback via single belt drive and powerful servo motor.

CSL_E_WB_v1-1_small-1.png

ClubSport technology
Just like the CSL Elite Wheel Base +, the CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 contains advanced ClubSport technology. The servo motor, electronics, and power supply come straight from the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5. This results in a high level of responsiveness and fidelity.

CSL_E_WB_v1-1_small-2.jpg

Xbox One ready
Upgrade your wheel base with an Xbox One-licensed steering wheel to enable full Xbox One compatibility. The CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 is compatible with PC in combination with all available Fanatec® Steering Wheels.

CSL_E_WB_v1-1_medium-2.png

Single drive: power and precision.
The powerful brushless servo motor combined with the single belt drive delivers impressively detailed and strong force feedback.

CSL_E_WB_v1-1_small-3.png

Pure force feedback
The design of the internal mechanism is optimised for minimal friction and ultra-low cogging for the purest force feedback sensations. You can also fine-tune the behaviour of the mechanics with the Fanatec Tuning Menu.

CSL_E_WB_v1-1_small-4.png

DirectSensor™ technology
The DirectSensor™ is mounted directly on the steering axis to keep the steering input precise by preventing any influence or disturbance from the belt drive.

The most advanced ecosystem.
The full Fanatec ecosystem awaits, with unlimited flexibility and variety. Expand your racing setup to suit your choice of racing genre at any time.

CSL_E_WB_v1-1_small-5.png

Interchangeable steering wheels
Change the steering wheel in seconds with our proven, automotive-grade Quick Release system - even while in the game.

CSL_E_WB_v1-1_small-6.png

Analogue handbrake support
Powerslide through the corners with the help of the optional analogue handbrake.

Features
  • Ultra-strong brushless servo motor which delivers up to 6Nm of torque on the steering axis
  • Single belt drive unit with ultra-low lag and cogging, and big ball bearings for lowest friction
  • DirectSensor™ on the steering axis to prevent influence of the belt drive on the position sensor
  • Very fast steering wheel acceleration - ideal for drifting
  • 1080° of rotation which can be adjusted in the Tuning Menu via the attached steering wheel
  • Integrated rev lights in the wheel base
  • Table clamp included. Supports table/surface thickness of 10mm to 60mm
  • Firmware can be updated with new features
  • Motor driver firmware can also be updated
  • Fast 1000 Hz USB update rate
  • Allows connection of two external shifters (e.g. H-pattern and sequential) in parallel
  • Mount for ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles and other optional accessories
  • Connection ports for peripheral devices: USB, Power, Pedals, Shifter 1, Shifter 2, Handbrake
  • Choose from a growing selection of very realistic steering wheels in many different styles
  • Quick Release system allows for the easy exchange of steering wheels within seconds, even during gameplay
  • Supports Fanatec steering wheel and pedal vibration features
  • Supports Fanatec Tuning Menu*
  • Save up to 5 wheel setups
  • Let the game control the steering sensitivity with the ‘Auto’ function or adjust the sensitivity independent from the game from 90° to 1080°
  • Adjust the strength of the force feedback
  • Adjust the sensitivity of steering wheel and pedal vibrations
  • Advanced Drift Mode can be used to fine-tune the wheel rotation characteristics through added natural damper or acceleration
  • Fine-tune specific force feedback modifiers directly from the steering wheel by adjusting the force, spring, and damper effects
  • Adjust the sensitivity of the brake pedal (for this feature, Fanatec pedals needs to be connected directly to the wheel base)
  • * Tuning functions are subject to change.

Compatibility
Peripherals:
  • Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake (direct connection to wheel base)
  • All Fanatec ClubSport steering wheels
  • All Fanatec CSL and CSL Elite steering wheels
  • All Fanatec ClubSport, CSR, CSR Elite, CSL and CSL Elite pedals (adapter cables might be required on pedals without RJ12 connection)
  • All Fanatec CSL and ClubSport shifters (two shifters simultaneously)
  • Fanatec ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles
Mounting on cockpits and wheel stands: 3 hard-mount points on the bottom of the wheel base. Please refer to the drilling template in the download section for the hole pattern and distances. The hole pattern is identical with the ClubSport Wheel Bases without the angle adapter (3 hard-mount holes). Please take note that the CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 hole pattern is NOT compatible to the discontinued CSL Seat.

Platforms:
  • Xbox One: The compatibility can be upgraded with (optional) steering wheels like the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 or the CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1. Without any Xbox One licensed Steering Wheel attached, the Wheel Base is NOT compatible to Xbox One.
  • PlayStation: This product is not compatible to any PlayStation console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility.
This Wheel Base is compatible with PC in combination with all available steering wheels.

CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/wheel...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Last edited:
USB update rate for one. I think they basically updated all the elite wheel bases to the same specs as the PS4 base and technology with a lot of the clubsport base design.

Below is text taken off the Fanatec N.A. site.

"ClubSport technology.
Just like the CSL Elite Wheel Base +, the CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 contains advanced ClubSport technology. The servo motor, electronics, and power supply come straight from the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5. This results in a high level of responsiveness and fidelity."

To me it makes a lot more sense to buy the PS4 elite and add an XBOX compatible wheel as you cant make this base ps4 compatible as the ps4 compatability is only in the base

To me it makes a lot more sense to buy the PS4 elite and add an XBOX compatible wheel as you cant make this base ps4 compatible as the ps4 compatability is only in the base
Unless you do not own and never plan on buying a Playstation system then the extra 100.00 cost would be a total waste for a feature that you would never use in your application.
Some people are x box people only or x box and PC only and have never owned a Playstation.

I personally have never owned an X box of any generation so if the extra 100.00 was for X Box compatibility I would not spend the extra for my use.

Unless you do not own and never plan on buying a Playstation system then the extra 100.00 cost would be a total waste for a feature that you would never use in your application.
Some people are x box people only or x box and PC only and have never owned a Playstation.

I personally have never owned an X box of any generation so if the extra 100.00 was for X Box compatibility I would not spend the extra for my use.

A fair assessment about needs.

I had a ps3 and xbox 360 in the previous gen - all the wheels I had (Logitech G27 and Fanatec CSR) were useless in the current gen. Thanks to the drivehub, I can now have my cake and eat it - I had my heart set on a CSW 2.5 but it wasn't ps4 compatible.

Now have a ps4, gaming pc and xbox one s and I can use my CSW 2.5 and LC pedals on all of them.

A fair assessment about needs.

I had a ps3 and xbox 360 in the previous gen - all the wheels I had (Logitech G27 and Fanatec CSR) were useless in the current gen. Thanks to the drivehub, I can now have my cake and eat it - I had my heart set on a CSW 2.5 but it wasn't ps4 compatible.

Now have a ps4, gaming pc and xbox one s and I can use my CSW 2.5 and LC pedals on all of them.

I just ordered the Fanatec Elite ps4 wheel combo and also ordered the Mclaren wheel for it as well. Was on the fence for the pedals between the elites and v3's but went with the Elites and the loadcell brake.

I am currently using a Logitech G-29 that I bought when the PS4 was released that has worked flawless and still works like new today, that will be put into a backup role if ever needed.

I do not own an X Box but game on the PS4 and the PC.

I will say when the PS5 is released if Sony eliminates or even limits the compatibility function of the PS4 wheels for the new system I will not even consider buying one or probably any other Sony products as well. The only game I play which is a Playstation exclusive is Gran Turismo.

It was bad enough to basically obsolete wheels from the PS3 as those were in the 150-200 dollar range for the most part and still considered expensive for a gaming controller.

But in today's times it is easy for someone to sink multiple thousands of dollars into a rig and limiting what is compatible with a new console gaming system I do not think would be wise.

Last edited:

It would be wiser for resale purposes to have the triple platform compatibility.

Many more PlayStations out there than Xbox.

It would be wiser for resale purposes to have the triple platform compatibility.

Many more PlayStations out there than Xbox.

But if you never planned on using it for a playstation and you did go to resell the unit used down the road, first off there is a good chance that something else newer has come out so you are not selling the most recent product which hurts the resale price point.

Also if you spent the extra hundred dollars for a feature you would never use just for resale then you would need to get an extra hundred out of the PS capable used product to regain or maintain the same loss ratio of selling the used unit over the non PS capable unit.

Again I would rather have a used non current wheel base that I could sell for 200 dollars than need to sell a unit for for 300 dollars to recoup the same amount of money just to widen the buyer pool a bit..

As far as selling it I would be willing to gamble that someone looking to sim race on a PC would be my prime customer for such a product more than the average console owner also.

But we look at it differently, I bought the PS unit because it is something I would use not with thoughts of resale. I am of the opinion if I did not need the extra feature I would rather keep my 100 dollars in my pocket today than hope it helped me sell it used down the road.

But again I usually keep what I buy as long as it works, I even still have my PS3 wheel in its original box, when I get the Fanatec the G-29 will go back into its original box as well.

We each have different ways of looking at things but spending an extra 100 dollars today for a feature I know I will never need to maybe help resale somewhere down the road (assuming the unit still works right after warranty has expired and has not malfunctioned which is adding even more of a gamble to the higher initial investment.) Just does not seem the best way to spend today's hobby allocated funds to me.

But we can each do what we think makes the most sense, many people think we are crazy for spending this much money on a controller to play a game to begin with! :cheers:

It is great to have same base as specs like CSL ELite + for less money for PC use for example... and yes Xbox ready like a bonus!;) Finally the other one is retired, I dint like the fact CSL Elite+ to have supremacy over the OG CSL ELite Xbox!;)

I dint like the fact CSL Elite+ to have supremacy over the OG CSL ELite Xbox!;)
Yes, the impossibility to turn off the electrical damper in the old version is very unpleasant. The wheel has a very low mechanical resistance but with this electrical damper the resistance feels as big as in T150 which has a very high mechanical resistance. This greatly reduces the level of detail in the FFB and significantly reduces the rotational speed of the wheel.
The new drift mode in the new V1.1 version which allows to reduce or completely turn off the electrical damper is a very big plus.

Yes, the impossibility to turn off the electrical damper in the old version is very unpleasant. The wheel has a very low mechanical resistance but with this electrical damper the resistance feels as big as in T150 which has a very high mechanical resistance. This greatly reduces the level of detail in the FFB and significantly reduces the rotational speed of the wheel.
The new drift mode in the new V1.1 version which allows to reduce or completely turn off the electrical damper is a very big plus.
As we all know CSL ELite+ and this one the new 1.1 have the motor and PCB from CSW 2.5 - What is the PCB in your OG Xbox base - the ones from CSW 2.0 or it is some custom made for that model?

As we all know CSL ELite+ and this one the new 1.1 have the motor and PCB from CSW 2.5 - What is the PCB in your OG Xbox base - the ones from CSW 2.0 or it is some custom made for that model?
I can not be 100% sure, but it's most likely from the CSW 2.0

I can not be 100% sure, but it's most likely from the CSW 2.0
Looking Barry`s review of the PS4 version CSL Elite - other stuff exept motor and PCB is the same to yours or have difference? My point is - is it possible to upgrade your base with PCB and Motor from 2.5/CSL ELite+ gen?

Looking Barry`s review of the PS4 version CSL Elite - other stuff exept motor and PCB is the same to yours or have difference? My point is - is it possible to upgrade your base with PCB and Motor from 2.5/CSL ELite+ gen?
Probably possible because I have seen CSW V2 upgraded with with parts from CSW V2.5.

Keep in mind that this is done by Fanatec, not by the owner.
I know those Fanatec upgrades - they basically keep your metal parts and fancy case to upgrade you for less instead buying new base....that dont stop to test in my way if I have option;)
Btw, do you plan to upgrade to the new 1.1 base?

I know those Fanatec upgrades - they basically keep your metal parts and fancy case to upgrade you for less instead buying new base....that dont stop to test in my way if I have option;)
Btw, do you plan to upgrade to the new 1.1 base?
Not for now.

I dont mind price incerased for good product - ofcourse in some reasonable limits...Fanatec can afford it in middle segment..there they literaly dont have competitors...TM or Logi are lower in the evolution tree..I use word "evolution" - they dont push to innovate enough for 2019!
In the DDs the case is different - tons of options and more to come!:)

It's possible that the motor driver did not update correctly.
Thanks for the answer!

Boosted Media
Lastly, at the time of review, I was not able to set drift mode to a negative value despite having the latest drivers and firmware installed (or so I thought). I did more testing today and discovered the updated 336 beta driver had installed, but for some reason when I flashed the firmware updates it took the files from the previous 328 driver rather than the newer ones. I can confirm with the 336 beta driver and associated firmware installed, the wheelbase allows you to select negative drift mode values. AWESOME!

Back