FANATEC CSR

• Thread starter JAt
  • 11 comments

JAt

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
GHOSTBUSTERS425
Hi guys I'm using a Fanatec csr wheel on ps4. I have great ffb settings I can feel every bump etc but when I'm in a corner my wheel feels to smooth and I only get ffb when I come back onto a straight!

Just to be clear, what you are experiencing is called "clipping", where the heavy centering forces swamp everything else during high speed corners.

When you are racing, press the left D-pad to switch to the screen which shows you pedal and wheel inputs. The top left shows you FFB behaviour. If you see the FFB line basically become straight at either the top or bottom during corners, you are experiencing clipping and need to turn down tyre force until that stops happening..

This is a good "primer" for clipping:

For CSR users, i can recommend folder 4 of Jack Spade's FFB files (bumps plus).
Everything feels spot on, you can feel the tires go, the suspension lose its balance, the bumps in the road surface and also the kerbs and grass (gravel) when you drive over it.

I was trying to tune the individual FFB settings of al of the cars myself, but i could never get it as good as Jack did.

For CSR users, i can recommend folder 4 of Jack Spade's FFB files (bumps plus).
Everything feels spot on, you can feel the tires go, the suspension lose its balance, the bumps in the road surface and also the kerbs and grass (gravel) when you drive over it.

I was trying to tune the individual FFB settings of al of the cars myself, but i could never get it as good as Jack did.

I'll have to try that one. I tried the 66% one and found it very light and a bit dead in the corners. I do prefer to feel the front end more than the SoP settings though, as a real car doesn't transmit rear wheel behaviour to the wheel, so the strong SoP settings make it feel unnatural for me.

I tend to use much higher Mz than the others, as that gives you a good feeling for the front end losing grip, and combined with subtle SoP Lateral setting, you can get a good feel when the rear breaks away too.

I have FFB in game and wheel menu at 100, and also tyre force at 100. Usually Master scale in the in car settings is in the low 30s, with SoP scale always kept at the same number.

I will try the 'bumps plus', as I usually set the vertical force high enough for the bumps to stand out. Usually (this is just rough, as it's different for each car) I'll set longitudinal forces lower than lateral and vertical, which I keep fairly even, or a bit higher vertical, and twisting force a fair bit higher than all of them. Then SoP lateral I'll set around the same as my front lateral.

I also use the CSR, with CSP V1 pedals, and I find this approach gives me nice bump detail and wheel weight, and more importantly, a great feel for what the tyres are doing. I can feel when they're getting to their grip limit, and I can feel understeer and oversteer in the ffb, making it easier to correct. I also don't get any clipping, I use 0.80 steering gain to avoid clipping.

Thanks for the explanation @Mike_grpA , I got at the point where i was experimenting with the Sop sliders a bit, but mostly i was tuning with the Fy,x,z and Mz sliders too.

With Bumps + you have a great base to tinker with, all you need to do is open the respective FFB file of the car inside Jacks folder and edit the parameter you want. Like you i found the wheel a bit light in the turns, especially with race cars and open wheelers so i just went into the car's file and changed the values of the Fy parameter, and the one below that (also Fy), adds smoothing, so upping that one only with 0.1 already takes a way the vibrations that occur in the rim when turning.

In other words, if you know how to edit JS' files, you have a great base and don't have to experiment for hundreds of hours to get all cars to feel good yourself.

Thanks for the explanation @Mike_grpA , I got at the point where i was experimenting with the Sop sliders a bit, but mostly i was tuning with the Fy,x,z and Mz sliders too.

With Bumps + you have a great base to tinker with, all you need to do is open the respective FFB file of the car inside Jacks folder and edit the parameter you want. Like you i found the wheel a bit light in the turns, especially with race cars and open wheelers so i just went into the car's file and changed the values of the Fy parameter, and the one below that (also Fy), adds smoothing, so upping that one only with 0.1 already takes a way the vibrations that occur in the rim when turning.

In other words, if you know how to edit JS' files, you have a great base and don't have to experiment for hundreds of hours to get all cars to feel good yourself.

I'm on ps4 so I'm working off a spreadsheet another member posted. It's all of Jack's settings, put into a spreadsheet for console players to input manually.

I've tried them all now, and didn't like the feel much, it was just too weak. I found his SoP settings a good base though, so I'm using those with my own stronger front end effects. I particularly like a strong twisting force, as it gives me a good feeling for when the front end lets go.

So much stuffing about with this lol. I don't get much time to play as it is, and I'm currently spending a large portion of that time just messing about with FFB lol.

So much stuffing about with this lol. I don't get much time to play as it is, and I'm currently spending a large portion of that time just messing about with FFB lol.
Sounds like my weekend nights :D, must have spent 90% of playing time in free practice so far. I'm enjoying it nonetheless, and you have to have the bases sorted before you venture out in the game.

Haha I'm not patient enough. I'm in the middle of my career, and still keep using practice sessions in career to tweak the ffb. I've got it pretty good in Formula B now, but I'm currently at round 5 of 7 lol, so soon I'll be in Formula A, and the tweaking process will begin again lol.

Back