Fanatec CSW V2 overview - Gran Turismo 6, CSW V1 and Perfection Reinvented

• Thread starter amar212
  • 56 comments
K_Soze + FMW (and other owners of GT6 plus CSWV2)

Could you recommend in game settings and wheel/pedal settings for a CSWv2 and GT5 and GT6?

Any info you could share would be great. My S.O and I are receiving our v2 wheel soon and some tips, settings and co figs would be really great to have from those who are already have experiene with these items.

Any good wheel settings, wheel configs, car settings, in game settings, tips etc would be so appreciated.
Thanks in advance :)

I tried out my CSWv2 on GT6 the other night. Gotta say, even the small amount of effort I went to to connect it up on my gaming rig seemed totally not worth it after using the PC for so long. I don't think I'll be doing it again. It's not that there is anything wrong with GT6 (apart from maybe the studdering graphics), it's just that now that I've been blessed with SimVibe and triple screens and the brilliant physics of Assetto Corsa I find it hard to go back to anything else.

Sure the car and track selection is awesome along with the modifications but I can't enjoy them to same level so have no desire to, which is a little sad because I used to love it!

I will check my settings as soon as I have time ;)

This would be great.
Even your opinion of the best feeling car you have driven (which car/setup/tyre etc felt most immersive or realistic for you).

But wheel settings, game settings, tips, tricks and useful hints would be so useful and truly appreciated for those who are "fresh out the wrapper" like my self ;)

Thanks K :)

I tried out my CSWv2 on GT6 the other night. Gotta say, even the small amount of effort I went to to connect it up on my gaming rig seemed totally not worth it after using the PC for so long. I don't think I'll be doing it again. It's not that there is anything wrong with GT6 (apart from maybe the studdering graphics), it's just that now that I've been blessed with SimVibe and triple screens and the brilliant physics of Assetto Corsa I find it hard to go back to anything else.

Sure the car and track selection is awesome along with the modifications but I can't enjoy them to same level so have no desire to, which is a little sad because I used to love it!

Pretty common reaction after you've been playing PC racing sims for a while, you realize console racing games just don't compare.

I agree, but the amount of challenges in GT6 is unmatched by any other sim. I don't want to compete with real people because I am really not a good driver, I learn and progress very very slowly. So when I am have hard time on a S License with an Aventador, I really happy when I get the gold.

But when I just want to loop for the pure driving pleasure, then I run some hot laps in AC or do some Kart races in rFactor2. The first races or lap time to beat in AC are already very hard for my driving skills. And it is just an Abarth :S

I'm finding the AI in RaceRoom are currently the best offline challenge available. Particularly ADAC 2014 is great door to door racing with AI which is aware, gives you racing room, but isn't afraid to take the smallest gap.

Personally I still use GT6 regularly, but I'm mostly running Nordschleife laps in stock road cars on CS tyres with no TC or ABS. The new FFB (at least for Thrustmaster wheels) makes that quite a lot of fun still despite all of the PC options. I just like the diversity and the replays :D

By the time AC has Nordschleife and a wider selection of road cars (they have 50 cars promised for 2015(ish) I am going to have trouble looking elsewhere, though. Ah, the problems of too much choice in modern simracing!

I agree, but the amount of challenges in GT6 is unmatched by any other sim. I don't want to compete with real people because I am really not a good driver, I learn and progress very very slowly. So when I am have hard time on a S License with an Aventador, I really happy when I get the gold.

But when I just want to loop for the pure driving pleasure, then I run some hot laps in AC or do some Kart races in rFactor2. The first races or lap time to beat in AC are already very hard for my driving skills. And it is just an Abarth :S
My skill level is the same by the sounds of it. I usually hot lap, it's what I like to do, just learn a track and see how fast and smooth I can go. Problem is, I get my lap times down to what I think is an awesome time and it's waaaayyyy off the pace lol. But I'm really ok with that, I just enjoy the driving. When I do time attack in my real car at the track it's the same, I'm not really competitive I just do it for the enjoyment. Maybe one day after more practice I'll be more competitive though.

Once our internet gets connected though (we had problems with our builder not putting the conduit in correctly for it so the fibre installer couldn't complete the installation. Had to organise the builder to fix it and rebook another installation) I'm keen to race people of a similar skill level to me. Maybe we should organise a race?

The WE marathon comes to end so I had 20 minutes to plug my wheel and launch GT6.

Here are my settings

The WE marathon comes to end so I had 20 minutes to plug my wheel and launch GT6.

Here are my settings

That is an incredibly useful post and I really appreciate it.
It'll give me a foundation to build upon.
The wheel (v2) that is arriving soon is/was a gift for my OH, but I've been getting in to sim racing more and more myself lately that I think maybe it'll be who uses it more :)

Any other useful tips you have a greatly appreciated.
Is it easy to store configs on this wheel, I think it stores upto 5?
Can I set one up for GT6 and another up for F1 2013 etc.
How do you find the Porsche wheel?
Do you use your v2 with F1 2013 or other PS3 games, if so, which ones do you recommend?

Thanks again for the settings though, that's so useful and really helpful! :)

That is an incredibly useful post and I really appreciate it.
It'll give me a foundation to build upon.
The wheel (v2) that is arriving soon is/was a gift for my OH, but I've been getting in to sim racing more and more myself lately that I think maybe it'll be who uses it more :)

Any other useful tips you have a greatly appreciated.
Is it easy to store configs on this wheel, I think it stores upto 5?
Can I set one up for GT6 and another up for F1 2013 etc.
How do you find the Porsche wheel?
Do you use your v2 with F1 2013 or other PS3 games, if so, which ones do you recommend?

Thanks again for the settings though, that's so useful and really helpful! :)
You can store 5, so no problem with doing that, however I find I need different settings per car and track anyway but that's generally just one or two settings so you could store say 5 baseline settings, one for each game then just fine tune them each time.

Hello.
It´s possible navigate the GT6 game menu directly by the wheel BMW GT2 CSW V2? It´s easy?
It´s possible navigate through the PS3 control in the menu game and drive with the steering wheel?
Thanks

Hello.
It´s possible navigate the GT6 game menu directly by the wheel BMW GT2 CSW V2? It´s easy?
It´s possible navigate through the PS3 control in the menu game and drive with the steering wheel?
Thanks

Yes.
BMW-M3-GT3-PS3Mode_575.jpg

Only one problem (for me) sometimes I accidentally click the confirm button (clicking the stick itself) while scrolling etc. Somehow F1 rim is a little bit better.

Is it only me?

Ow Shinu! Tkank you so much for your advice!
I'm brazilian, my english is not so good, but you help me very well!!!

I will buy this equipment:

Steering Whell Fanatec Bmw Gt2 M3
Fanatec Clubsport Base V2 Servo
Pedal V3 Fanatec Clubsport

I just needed to remedy this doubt . I'll set up as g27 . Would you have any other tips or suggestions?
They will be compatible with PS4 ?

Best regards.

Yes.
BMW-M3-GT3-PS3Mode_575.jpg

Only one problem (for me) sometimes I accidentally click the confirm button (clicking the stick itself) while scrolling etc. Somehow F1 rim is a little bit better.

Is it only me?

For mine to go into PS3 mode I have to press circle and select. Maybe a firmware difference? (I think I'm using firmware version 142)

I do agree it works just fine in GT6, I use it almost everyday. :)

Ow Shinu! Tkank you so much for your advice!
I'm brazilian, my english is not so good, but you help me very well!!!

I will buy this equipment:

Steering Whell Fanatec Bmw Gt2 M3
Fanatec Clubsport Base V2 Servo
Pedal V3 Fanatec Clubsport

I just needed to remedy this doubt . I'll set up as g27 . Would you have any other tips or suggestions?
They will be compatible with PS4 ?

Best regards.

If i were you i would wait for the officially licensed racing wheel for playstation from Fanatec.

This new wheel will probably be announced as soon as GT Sport is released.

Most annoying thing is that Formula rim is so awesome, even my left hand feels comfortable (strangely I could not fully press left paddle quickly, first time I tried.) With official rim coming the standard ones probably won't work.

Most annoying thing is that Formula rim is so awesome, even my left hand feels comfortable (strangely I could not fully press left paddle quickly, first time I tried.) With official rim coming the standard ones probably won't work.

Jigga what ?

I meant that when ps4 will have its own rim F1,BMW etc probably won't be compatible "officially" on ps4/GTSport.
And it's a bummer for me because F1 rim is so awesome.

Hello people. Could someone me say if you connect the cable to the pedalv3 in Handbreak wrong exit and not in the correct wheell Direct for servo V2 Base burn the board ? I did it in new equipment and this not working the pedals. Thank you so much again.
I'm desperate....

I think It is only a problem if you connect usb and data cables at the same time (could be wrong).

Could you test wheel and pedals separated in usb mode on pc?

As I do not PC game, after not having worked tested the calibration of the steering wheel and pedals on the Fanatec program http://www.fanatec.com/download/Fan...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet . When direct USB connect the pedal to the PC and direct USB Base for PC , both work. When you connect the RJ12 cable at the exit Wheel Direct the pedal and pedal input at the Base and the USB Base on PC to calibrate , only works the steering wheel and the pedal does not seem to exist.
see the attached file.

Attachments

• Pedal Problems.pdf
    414.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:
I would check the cables (maybe It is a coincidence and the cable is not working) because I think it is less likely to partly brake.

If that won't help I would contact fanatec (not sure how to check if the problem is the base or the pedals in that case)

Back