Fanatec FFB not available?

United States
East Coast
So I just joined iRacing. Something I'd been thinking about and planning for several months. Have been racing(playing) GTSport for awhile, but had to join the craze.

However... Now that I've dropped the cash and joined up, a weird thing happens. It seems, whether testing or racing, I don't have FFB in my Fanatec CSL Elite wheel. A little in the pedals but nothing in the wheel. Matter of fact, in the options menu at the tracks, the 'enable FFB' option is greyed/shaded out. The 'linear' and 'disable in pits' options are available, but while driving, nothing. It feels like I'm steering in air. Maybe it's just me, but I can't drive without the feedback. Without that resistance against my inputs. Without that feel.

So... Any suggestions? I looked all over the forums over there, and a few mentions were made, but no real answer. I have sent a note to their support, but it's a holiday weekend, and now that I have it, I'd like to get it going. And I know this is a decent forum site, so here I am.

Any help will help. Thank you in advance.

One more thing. I have a 49" ultra wide monitor. Will the feeling of nausea go away with time?

Edit: Never mind. Problem resolved. Good thing, as this question wasn't getting any traction in here. Is this a rarely visited forum? A shame...

Last edited:
Hi Rob. I had the Elite wheel driver download for the PS4, and iRacing wasn't recognizing it. Had to download for the Elite V1.1. I should probably try to run the PS4 to see if it still works, but have been having to much fun (work) on iRacing.

And... With time (not that much), the nausea went away. Eyes had to get used to that wide field of view.

Hi Rob. I had the Elite wheel driver download for the PS4, and iRacing wasn't recognizing it. Had to download for the Elite V1.1. I should probably try to run the PS4 to see if it still works, but have been having to much fun (work) on iRacing.

And... With time (not that much), the nausea went away. Eyes had to get used to that wide field of view.

QFT.

I had the same issue with my Elite. Updated the driver and works like a charm. Feels great, actually!

I did go back and play on the PS4 - twice. Can't go back now, not for racing anyways. And not hating, still play other games on my PS4, but once you switch, there's really no reason to even bother.

Enjoy the ride!

Back