fanatec handbrake spare cable

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Blue028, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Blue028

Blue028

hey everyone, wondering if anybody out there with a fanatec HB have the cable to connect it to V1/V2 CSP that they don't need? desperately need one and cant find one anywhere.

2. WippyMan

WippyMan

Can just make your own. All you need is a some wire, 3.5mm phone jack and JST ZH 1.5 4 pin connector preferably with lead already attached.

Connect as follows

CSP PCB

3,5mm jack should be.
    Signal (tip)
    +ve (middle)
    GND (base)

The notes I am going off are for the CSL elite LC board as I haven't played with my CSP v1/2 boards in a while now and the +ve and gnd maybe swapped on the 3.5mm jack. No harm if you get it wrong as it is just a pot in the handbrake so use the fanatec calibration to see that it is working or not :cheers:

3. Blue028

Blue028

Thanks for the help, issue I have is that I have built a handbrake for somebody, I have the V1 pedals, he has V3 pedals so I need to make a cable that has the rj connector on it but I don't know the pinnout on the v3 and I don't have access to them to figure out.

I can source a cable for the v3s but I still need the v1/2 CSHB cable to figure out what pins I needs to wire them up to.

4. WippyMan

WippyMan

Ask and ye shall receive. :)

RJ12 pin - 3.5mm plug ( tip - middle - base )

1 - +ve (middle)
    2 - Shorted to pin 1
    3 - Nc
    4 - Nc
    5 - Signal (tip)
    6 - GND (base)

Blue028 likes this.
  5. Blue028

Blue028

Awesome, this should help, although my next problem is I'm not using a pot, I'm using a magnetic hall sensor (same as fanatec use on the accelerator and clutch) which uses all 4 pins on the CSP v1/v2 board.

6. WippyMan

WippyMan

I use a pressure sensor on mine which worked fine with the CSP v1 board but I found on the CSL Elite LC input it read 3.3v as 0% and 0v as 100% handbrake. Which if using a pot is easy to switch, but on my pressure sensor I ran it through a STM32 ARM arduino (as I have a bunch of them around as they are cheap as chips :D) to invert the signal and give a PWM output (running through a low pass filter to smooth the output) which the Fanatec pedal PCB wants. I'm no pixie wrangler so I'm sure there are more elegant ways to do this but this is my code below I use and been working fine for a 6 odd months.

Code:
    /*
      DESCRIPTION
      ====================
      HYDRAULIC HANDBRAKE PRESSURE SENSOR TO FANATEC CSL ELITE L/C PCB
          PRESSURE TRANSDUCER OUTPUT 0v-3.3v
          CSL L/C PCB NEEDS 3.3v-0v
            RJ12 PIN OUT INTO PCB
              1- 3.3v
              2- 3.3v
              3- nc
              4- nc