Fanatec Podium Advanced Paddle Module

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 41 comments
Bulgaria
Bulgaria
P APM Big_04-1000x666.jpg

PC/Xbox One ready/PS4 Ready

Podium Advanced Paddle Module: The Most Authentic Paddle System Ever

Featuring magnetic shifters and Hall sensors, the Podium Advanced Paddle Module is the ultimate upgrade for your Fanatec steering wheel.

P APM S_02.png

Automotive quality
CNC machined aluminium cage and carbon fibre paddle plates combine with magnetic shifters and dual analogue paddles to deliver an authentic mechanism at the highest quality.

P APM S_05.png

Podium spec paddle upgrade
The Podium Advanced Paddle Module is compatible with Fanatec steering wheels such as the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018 and ClubSport Universal Hub for Xbox One.

P APM M_02.png

F1-Style Dual Clutch Paddles
Add two analogue axes behind your steering wheel; use them for optimising launch starts, configure one as a handbrake, or even drive without pedals.

P APM S_06.png

Incredible durability
Contactless Hall sensors with unlimited lifetime mean that your dual analogue paddles will function with precision and consistency.

P APM S_04.png

More than just dual clutch
The paddles allow for four different modes (on supported steering wheels): F1-style clutch bite point mode, clutch/handbrake mode, brake/throttle mode, and mappable axis mode.

Dual Magnetic Paddles
Replace the standard shifter module with two inputs on each side, easily accessible for important functions like DRS.

P APM S_05 (1).png

Sensational feel, unbeatable performance
The magnetic ‘click’ generates a solid, positive feel to every shift. Allows for rapid shifting. Two sets of paddle plates are included, suitable for small and large steering wheels.

P APM S_01.png

Springless mechanism for durability
Paddle operation uses strong magnets rather than springs, just like a real race car. Automotive grade switches combined with the magnet system result in higher durability.

Features

General:

• Upgrades your ClubSport Universal hub for Xbox. (Only Xbox version)
  • Upgrades Fanatec steering wheels like ClubSport Formula Steering Wheel F1 2018
  • Automotive grade quality
  • 2 sets of paddle plates for small and large steering wheels
  • Paddle Plates made of real carbon fibre
  • Cage made of CNC machined aluminium
F1 style Dual Clutch Paddles:
  • Adds two analog axis to your steering wheel
  • High-precision contactless hall sensor with unlimited lifetime
  • Allows 4 modes on steering wheels which are supporting this feature:
  • F1 clutch bite-point mode which can be adjusted and saved in Tuning menu
  • Clutch/handbrake mode
  • Brake/throttle mode
  • Mappable analogue axis mode
  • Solid metal construction
Dual Magnetic Paddles:

Replaces the existing shifter paddle and add two more buttons which can be easily accessed for important functions like DRS.

• Strong magnets are used instead of steel springs just like in real race cars
  • Sensational solid „Click Feeling“
  • Allows rapid shifting
  • No spring means higher durability
  • Tested with 1 million cycles

Compatibility

Compatible with:

• ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018
  • ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub for Xbox One
Not compatible with:
  • ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula Black / Carbon
  • ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW M3 GT2
  • ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub
  • ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR
  • CSL Steering Wheel P1 for Xbox One
  • CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1 for Xbox One
  • CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1 for PS4™ (from CSL Elite Racing Wheel)
  • CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3

Special Notes

Please follow installation instructions respective to your steering wheel.

To prevent collisions do not use this product while ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles (optional) are installed on your wheel base.

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/lenkr...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Last edited:
I noticed a couple of unused JST headers in the universal xbox hub a while ago but never got around to seeing if they could be used for anything, guess this is what they will be used for.

Slightly related, I hope xbox update their policy of not allowing more button bindings than what is available on their controllers so we can properly map all the new wheels and accessories from Fanatec.

Got my paddles today.

Install was a bit of a pain on my wheel (f1 2018 le) due to the harness from the quick release to the board being in the way of the left paddle's (downshift) connector going into the back of the wheel. Other than that, it was pretty straight forward.

Got the wheel back on my DD1 and everything's working. I'm going to have to mess with the clutch bite point for the games/sims that use it. The upper paddles work great in pcars 2. They are not recognized in f1 2018, Hopefully that will be remedied in f1 2019, along with adding functionality for the dual clutch on manual starts

@flooderqb19 how do you like the paddles so far? Worth the $ 170 price of admission? I have the F1 2018 LE wheel as well. When you say the upper paddles aren’t working with F1 2018 are you referring to the main carbon fiber paddles? Hopefully these will work with iRacing, ACC, F1 2019, etc. Also what is the main benefit of the clutch bite point? Right now I have my upshift paddle assigned to clutch .. I can’t imagine that the dual clutch bite point would improve race starts but then again it’s not very well explained on the Fanatec website.

@JoshKM
Overall the paddles are great! Whether or not they are worth $170, is going to have to be up to the individual, but in my opinion, they are. The feel for up and downshifting is the best I've had during sim racing. It's actually strong enough that during a race weekend at Singapore I did yesterday in f1 2018, my right hand for upshifting was getting tired towards the end of the race (50% distance, full quali).

The upper set of paddles work perfectly for me in PCars2. I've not tried R3E or AC yet. I've heard of them being fine in iRacing, I dont have a current membership to test it right now.

As for the clutch bite point, in f1 2018 it doesn't make much of a difference as the manual start on game is basically just a on-off clutch and controlling rpm solely through throttle. I have mapped the "clutch" to the left clutch paddle of th APM. It gets used during race starts and while leaving the pits.

In a game/sim that will allow it, the dual clutch let's you do race starts just like actual f1 cars. One of the clutch paddles basically is an on-off clutch. The second paddle gets set to a setting where, fully engaged, the car starts rolling. So at the start, both clutch paddles in. Release the on-off clutch. Slowly let out the clutch that starts the car rolling. Hopefully that's clear!

Sim Racing Girl had a video for Fanatec explaining how it works, but using the McLaren GT3 wheel.

I ordered my podium paddles and I’m looking forward to putting together a video review on them once I put them through the paces. Just curious which sim software will take advantage of the “dual clutch bite point” or whatever it’s called. I’m mainly racing the F3 & Renault 3.5 cars on iRacing and I’ll also be picking up F1 2019 when it drops at the end of the month. I guess at the very least I’ll have sweet looking/feeling F1 style paddles. :)

I ordered my podium paddles and I’m looking forward to putting together a video review on them once I put them through the paces. Just curious which sim software will take advantage of the “dual clutch bite point” or whatever it’s called. I’m mainly racing the F3 & Renault 3.5 cars on iRacing and I’ll also be picking up F1 2019 when it drops at the end of the month. I guess at the very least I’ll have sweet looking/feeling F1 style paddles. :)

The magnetic paddles are super nice. It is such a small thing but they just feel so sturdy and it is such a positive feedback when pulling the paddles. The clutch paddles with bite point was demo'd using iRacing right so I'm sure it is working already right?

Mine turned up today, very impressed with them, look great and feel the part when using them big thanks fanatec!

Last edited:
Any racing game that correctly supports an analogue clutch axis will work with both the standard and advanced clutch bite point modes.

The system works entirely through our firmware, only affecting the clutch axis input, therefore it does not require any work from developers to implement the feature. You should see the system working on all games that display pedal axes on screen, and in the Fanatec driver page that shows the pedal inputs.

Got it delivered and installed yesterday, man that clicking feeling is addicting.

Anyway, the top two paddles don’t work without the firmware upgrade. I tried installing the v336 beta however my wheelbase doesn’t show up in properties page. It does on 328 however.

Any ideas? I’m on a CSL Elite PS4.

Thanks!

Thanks @Krassi ! Just curious but do you work for RSeat? The only reason why I ask is that I'm having some flexing of the wheel deck with the DD1 and I'm wondering if I need to tighten something .... otherwise I'm a huge fan of the S1.

Thanks @Krassi ! Just curious but do you work for RSeat? The only reason why I ask is that I'm having some flexing of the wheel deck with the DD1 and I'm wondering if I need to tighten something .... otherwise I'm a huge fan of the S1.
I dont work for RSEAT, but I know them well,,,can you do video with the camera filming the flex and send me link to the video to motodancer@abv.bg? I will discuss with them this flex... I have RS1 and N1, but my DD is smallest 7Nm so cant judge for flexing;)

Back